Welcome from Step by Step Beads

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on May 29, 2008 12:35 PM

Welcome to the Step by Step Beads forum!

I'm happy to have this chance to interact with you and see how you interact with each other. Isn't it fun to have the technology to be part of a round the world, round the clock beading party? Our forums make it possible for you to have access to a vast network of beaders, including me and the whole Step by Step Beads staff. You have our complete attention, and we look forward to hearing anything  you have to tell us about Step by Step Beads, our other magazines, our web site, our Bead Fest events. We do moderate our forums, but positive or negative, praise or pouts, your constructive and honest postings are invited.

Here are some ideas for your posts:

Share your tips, tricks, and epiphanies when it comes to mediums, techniques, storage, taking classes, attending bead shows, or just plain finding a time and place to bead.

Ask questions about anything, from the "making" to the marketing.

Whats hot in your part of the world? Are you wearing crystals in Hartford and recycled computer parts in Havertown? Are pearls more expensive in Tokyo than San Diego? Would you rather play with clay or crochet? Are your bead shops stocking up on seed beads or vintage findings and chain?

And speaking of bead shops...tell us about your favorite bead shops! Where are they and what makes them special? What do they do to make their customers better jewelry artists? Though we may be traveling less, when we do travel we make the most of our destination. What's more fun than discovering kindred spirits in another city? Buying new beads in another city!

Discuss our projects. Did you just love a particular project? Have you taken a design into new dimensions? Did you find a mistake (horrors) that we can correct? Share, share!

Tell us what you want. We are dedicated to making our magazine be what you want it to be. Tell us which projects you like, what you don't care for, how you find our instructions, and which techniques and materials you can't get enough of. Are there designers whose work rocks your world? Are there colors, materials or findings you could bead with in every piece you make? Let us know!

Send us project proposals. We're always looking for new projects (and pay for those we publish), and encourage you to send jpegs to sbsbeads@interweave.com for our consideration. We are delighted to hold the hands of new talent, helping you through the whole process... you guessed it, step by step.

Guidelines are available at http://www.stepbystepbeads.com/sbsbeads/sbs07guidelines.pdf.  We seek designs that teach new beaders, but also inspire the rest of us. Plain and simple, we want simply gorgeous, original, interesting and fun-to-make projects. After all, we know that's what you want, too!

This is all just too exciting. I can't wait to hear from everyone.

Happy beading,

Leslie Rogalski
Editor in chief, Step by Step Beads

Malvern, PA

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Jun 2, 2008 1:36 AM

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to chatting to other readers on here - yet another online place to spend far too much of my beading time...

Just wanted to say to anybody out there who is contemplating submitting designs for the magazine - go for it, you will get lots of help and advice, Leslie and the team are lovely to work with, and the thrill of seeing your beadwork in print is fantastic!

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Laulo wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 12:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome !

I really enjoy this magazine !

www.beadythings.canalblog.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS