Welcome!

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 15
ForumModerator
Denise Peck wrote
on May 28, 2008 12:32 PM

Welcome to the Step by Step Wire Jewelry forum. We are so excited to open up these forums to our readers for the exchange of ideas and inspiration. And to share with us exactly what you would like to see and learn from the pages of our magazines. I'm tickled to know that with the introduction of this forum, we'll be benefitting from the immediacy of your feedback, and from our ability to respond to your wishes and suggestions.

My very first order of business is to invite you all to send me pictures of your beautiful wire work! As you know, we devote two pages of every issue to a gallery of our readers' original designs. We love to showcase your work! But in addition to that, I urge all of you aspiring writers to share your designs by writing tutorials for Step by Step Wire Jewelry. We meet regularly to review submissions, and you need only send along photographs of the pieces you'd like us to consider. You can see our writers guidelines on our web site, www.stepbystepwirejewelry.com. They tell you everything you need to know to submit to Step by Step Wire Jewelry.

If you've ever wished we'd cover a certain technique, if you've seen a great book, or an inspirational exhibit, let us - and all our readers - know, right here on this forum. It's all about sharing and learning, and we're ready!

Warmly,

Denise Peck, Editor-in-chief, Step by Step Wire Jewelry

dpeck@interweave.com

Not Ranked
Posts 2
AnnM@96 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 6:18 AM

I would like to learn basic wire-work techniques.  Would you be willing to recommend a book that I could purchase?  I am really interested in looping and hammering copper and silver wire, and I want to buy a book that has good step-by-step illustrations/pictures and written instructions.  Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Not Ranked
Posts 24
ForumModerator
on Jul 1, 2008 6:57 AM

Hi Ann,

A good book for you would be "Getting Stared Making Wire Jewelry...and More" by Linda Chandler and Christine Ritchey...from Interweave Press. It's great if you're just getting started. And great news, there's a link to order our books right in the toolbar for Beading Daily!

And once you're comfortable enough with the basic techniques, you can try your hand at some more advanced technqiues with our great line of Wire books!

Hope this helps...and enjoy!

-Sara

Assistant Editor, Step by Step Wire Jewelry

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS