shops in Europe

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 14
MaryP@98 wrote
on May 25, 2008 9:03 AM

I am traveling overseas on vacation soon and hope to visit a few bead shops looking for new beads to inspire me. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding beads shop in Belgium and the Netherlands? What are bead shops called there?

MaryP

wrote
on Jun 12, 2008 1:22 AM

When and where are you going?  I was stationed in Belgium recently, and I have a couple of bead magazines with addresses in them.  I can email you some info if you know the general areas where you'll be visiting.  The two in Belgium I have been to are in the towns of Ath and Leuze-en-Hainaut. Both are in the centers of the towns and not so hard to find.  Mostly crystals and seed beads, but if you collect beading books, they have good selections of French and Dutch beading books with lots of pics in case your Dutch isn't up to scratch!

Jeni

Not Ranked
Posts 14
MaryP@98 wrote
on Jul 30, 2008 12:12 PM

Thanks so much for your reply Jeni. Unfortunately I was not able to see your post before I left for vacation. I was able to find 2 very good shops in Amsterdam (Beadies and Kopenhagen) but none in Belgium. I was in Bruges (a wonderful city) and Brussels (visit cut short because of a family death) and therefore had no time at all to travel to other towns as i had planned to do.

The next time I travel I'll inquire many weeks in advance, and name the cities specifically. 

Mary P

wrote
on Jul 31, 2008 12:59 AM

Sorry to hear about the death in your family Mary.  I hope you had a really wonderful time on your trip though.  Amsterdam was a fun city to visit, even if you don't visit the "cafes" or the red light district.Wink  We wandered through (you have to look), but it's just not our cuppa.

Bruges is a beautiful city-I enjoyed it.  Brussels to us was just a big city.  We did the touristy things a couple times for family visits, but when you live there it's not a place you generally go on purpose, because the traffic is so awful.  There are so many nice smaller towns that we didn't go unless we felt like wandering through Ikea or some of the bigger shops that are there.

I'm glad you found at least a couple of bead stores while you were there-did you buy some interesting beads?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS