Beads, Baubles TV

This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
BethJ wrote
on May 24, 2008 10:51 AM

I cannot find the Beads, Baubles & Jewels TV Show on my channels. What network is it on? Is it available for download anywhere? Thanks! (Love the new site)! 

Not Ranked
Posts 17
LC7196 wrote
on May 24, 2008 12:11 PM

Hi Beth - The TV show is usually on PBS stations and is not carried in every market.  Here's a link to their site - put in your zip code and it'll tell you what stations carry the show.  http://www.pubtv.net/online/ks/BBJ/index.asp

Lidia

So many beads - so little time 

Not Ranked
Posts 12
DaniA3 wrote
on May 30, 2008 1:29 AM

Another way to find the site is by typing Beadalon on a search engine such as google, once you get to the homepage scroll down & click on beads, baubles tv. You can also check out Beadalon's own videos, they are similiar but quite helpful too. Yes you can download the videos, I've got a few on my faves.

One of the best video sites, altho the segements are short but very useful. I highly recommend this station.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on May 30, 2008 7:48 AM

Though it's true the show doesn't air everywhere, Beads, Baubles and Jewels can be found online, at www.beadsbaublesandjewels.com. You can buy DVDs of shows there, too. I've taped several project demos on the air now, so please let me know what you think. I'll soon be taping more mini lessons for next season, along with the editor in chief of Beadwork, Marlene Blessing! If there are things you want us to show you that have appeared in any of our magazines or books, let us know!

Leslie

Editor in chief, Step by Step Beads

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Leigh wrote
on Jun 19, 2008 9:05 AM

Hi Beth,

Series 800 will be available for purchase in just a few weeks. It will be available in your local bead shop and online. Featured guests of the program are Marlene Blessing (Ed. Beadwork magazine), Leslie Rogalski (Ed. Step by Step Beads), Katie Hacker (Author of Interweave's book Hip to Bead) and many more experts.

The 4 DVD set contains over 5 hours of great ideas for beautiful pieces and each segment answers a basic question and includes instruction and it's just $39.99. You can pre-order a copy right now as well .. just call Interweave's 800 number (or on the Interweave website at the beginning of July).

Smiles,

Leigh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 14, 2008 8:13 PM

Hey you all,

I was delited this morning when my husband informed me that our cable provider has added another 3 stations to our listings. As soon as he said one of the 3 new stations was a PBS I ran to the tv to check it out. JOY! JOY!   I was very happy to see Beads Baubles show carried on this new station. I am now a happy camper. And since I have never seen their shows before they can run reruns and I will be happy for it will all be new to me.Big Smile.

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Jul 15, 2008 6:52 AM

Lucky you! It's not aired in our area (yet) but I keep hoping. I do get to watch the sample DVDs of the segments I've done, at least. ;-) And you can get the DVDs online for the ones you've missed! Enjoy!

Leslie

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Jul 17, 2008 6:37 AM

It is aired in my area, but it comes on at 2:30AM on Saturdays. This isn't really a huge problem, but sadly, of the 3 times that I have tried to tape the show, twice it was pre-empted by the SC SCPA's telethon. I have a VCR built int the TV in my bedroom that has never been used more than 4 hours or so in the 5 years that it's been there, so I have it logged in as a permanent record timeslot. That way, even if I am not up or around to catch it, I can still get it. If I get to see more episodes and see that it will actually do me some good, I may purchase the back episodes. It is nice to have the option to anyway.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 17, 2008 3:51 PM

I get the show but so far they have all been from 2006 or 2007 so I don't know that I am getting new ones. I did not know this show existed until this website forum started. I have set my dish DVR to record all episodes ( if my son does not stop them ). I will be glad when school starts for that reason alone...( awful mother arent' I ?!? )

Anyway, rerun or not I am recording all of them. Then I can re-play anything I need to.

wrote
on Jul 18, 2008 5:32 AM

Isn't the DVR a wonderful invention?  It's easier to record, and you can fast forward through commercials!  After our son was born, we recorded everything because it was impossible to watch a show all the way through without him interrupting.  That, and Extreme Makeover Home Edition has commercials every 3 seconds---AARGH!  I digress, however...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 18, 2008 10:16 AM

When we went to Dish, my husband wanted the DVR. I told him I did not think that we would use it but agreed to put it on 2 of the 4 tvs. Guess who uses it the most? Yep! ME!. Yes, I have even told him that he was right and to mark it down as it is not usually the case. 

I like that I can set my HGTV or Food Network shows or whatever to record in the middle of the night and spend the evening time with hubby and son. 

Yes, the added advantage of watching it when I want, usually by myself without interruptions, and getting toe fast forward through the commercials, now that is a blessing! 

We have gotten to where even if we are watching live tv, we will pause the first 10 minutes just so we can fast forward through the commercials. We are awful!!!

wrote
on Jul 18, 2008 12:53 PM

No, not awful-we do the same thing!  The only time watching commercials is fun is during the Super Bowl.  I realize they serve a purpose, but seeing the same ones over and over gets old quick, and makes me not want to buy what they're selling anyway.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
on Jul 23, 2008 7:02 AM

bummer, in my area they're only on the cable and digital cable PBS station, which I have neither.  I'll check out the website tho, thanks for the link.

Square

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, either way-you are right."  --Henry Ford

www.SquareEffects.com
www.SquareEffects.etsy.com
www.Cafepress.com/SquareEffects

www.icraft.ca/squareeffects

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
DebbieR@32 wrote
on Aug 18, 2008 8:44 AM

Thanks for this link, I was reading back through the forums and saw  your reply.  I have not been able to find this on my local PBS station and with your link I was able to find exactly what time the show is on.  With DVR I can now record the shows and watch while I'm beading in the evenings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Aug 31, 2008 7:36 PM

Old TV left us - bought plain digital - no HD.  Now for a new tower and antenna and I'll be able to join y'all watching the program.  Saw a series years ago, but not since.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS