which jewelry forum do you like most?

This post has 27 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
goulsian wrote
on Aug 26, 2010 2:11 AM

Hello everyone,
  I like jewelry. I want know the knowledge about the jewelry. Because I would plan to open a small jewelry online store. I need to increase my jewelry knowledge and collect jewelry information. I hope friends can recommend me some jewelry forums. Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 29, 2010 11:56 AM

Which do I recommend? This one of course! This is the only jewelry forum that I am active on. I was a moderator until I had a falling out with the editor about my opinions. *laughz* That didn't stop me from being an active member. The regs here are like a family. A HUGE moderately dysfunctional family. *grinz* You can find out almost anything jewelry related here. We have stringers, weavers, wire workers, and more. You will NOT find a better place to learn or nicer people to teach you. If we as a group can't help you, then we will point you to someone or something that can. I absolutely love everyone that comes here on a regular basis. It feels like home, ya know.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Aug 29, 2010 12:12 PM

I second that, Billy!

I belong to a few forums, but none of the other ones I've found cover the breadth of styles and media that you find here at Beading Daily

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Aug 29, 2010 8:44 PM

This Forum! Yes

The people here, the projects here, the staff here....

I was a semi active member at 2 other places...then found here...and never went back.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 817
JanineB@7 wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 10:42 AM

Ditto...to all of the above

It is so comfortable being a part of such a talented, sharing, caring and friendly group of  people...

You will certainly be at home interacting and sharing with the family here at Beading Daily..

Regards,

Janine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Sep 1, 2010 1:39 PM

Jewelry Making Daily (also by interweave) is the only other one I know of, and it's still small, and growing, but it is good too.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Sep 6, 2010 11:00 AM

Yep! or was that Yup!Confused This my home away from home. I love that everyone who is a regular offers to help others.

The more I learn the less I know.Embarrassed.. It don't matter cause, I can always "post a question for help"Smile..

I have tried to check out other forums,( but  I have limited time now at the Library)starting tomorrow,) But, I end up stopping here first.:)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 1
pearl.jewel wrote
on Jun 9, 2011 4:47 AM

Good to know that you plan to start a jewellery store. A couple of thing things critical to your success will be trust and variety. People should trust your claims and the stuff to come out of your store; like, when it comes to pearl jewellery, I always trust this vendor who has always supplied me 100% genuine pearls. Similarly, you should have a huge range of variety, for the people to choose from. If you get these two things in order, people won’t mind, if you charge them a premium; and then, there’s no stopping! Best Wishes.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Jun 26, 2011 3:26 PM

Welcome and good luck.

I, too think this is the best forum with the best people.

I think the two most important keys to opening a successful store of any kind is first finding true wholesale prices so that you can give your customers the best prices and marketing.

I have a friend that has a bead store and within a one hour drive of her store there are at least 9 craft stores that have beads and 8 bead stores - 4 within 30.  She still has the most business and people drive regularly from 1 to 2 hours to go there.

You will be able to get lots of help here, but you need to be specific about what you want to know so we know how to answer.

Claudette

amagnetaday

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Not Ranked
Posts 5
jgiannettict wrote
on Aug 18, 2011 6:11 PM

Beading Daily of course ids the best  forum!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 214
Silverior wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 11:41 AM

are you joking? you already know the answer don't you? of course beading daily is the best and that will always be! :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 4:37 PM

I am relatively new to this forum, and I LOOOOOOVE it! Most other forums I would post a question or showcase an item, only to get 0 responses. I think the members here are very helpful, friendly, and definitely give a boost of confidence in your creative abilities when you put your stuff out there.

So happy to be a part of BD!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 10:25 PM

When I first started up with beading again two years ago, I searched out many forums. Some had no posts, some way too many, and this one seemed just right. I love it here.

Oddly I have looked for one of those other beading forums again and now can't find it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
wmweeza wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 10:29 PM

OHHH, wait, was she asking about FORUM SOFTWARE to make a forum on her own site? oops. If so there are dozens of free options out there

Not Ranked
Posts 25
sheredangrey wrote
on Sep 14, 2011 8:17 PM

Your funny! Of course this is the best place to showcase your talents. This is the best forum ever. I'm basically new here and I'm loving every minute that I become a member.Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS