jewelry designing

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
RacheleD wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 9:07 PM

Hi everyone,  When working with multi-color beads as the major bead what accent would your choice of color bead as accent beads, just plain clear or would you choose a color within the bead as an accent.  Sorry for such a long sentence.  Thanks, Rachele

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 2:05 AM

I've actually been pondering the same question.  I have a lovely multicolor strand of dyed "jade" beads (looks like jelly beans) and I'm trying to decide how best to showcase them.  I was thinking I might wire wrap each one (a fancy link more or less) and put chain between them, but I had also thought of using crystals in the same colors as accents. 

I'll be curious to hear what others think too.  Welcome to the forums!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Jul 27, 2010 10:09 AM

I'm little miss unimaginative... I'd go with anything neutral... metal (pretty much any color metal really), a bone, or a wood. I guess it depends on the beads and their color saturation, material, and intensity.

If you want to go with a crystal... I've found that the Golden Shadow Swarovski pretty much matches EVERYTHING. It's my favorite crystal color to use with well... anything! :) I can never have enough. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jul 28, 2010 6:16 AM

Are we talking about a strand of beads, each in a different color, or one bead with several colors in it? Sorry, I didn't get it, but both questions are interesting, as I bought some ocean and fancy jasper strands lately. Plus I love millefiori beads and all kinds of colorful glass beads.

For one multicolored bead as the focal I'd pic one or two colors from it and use beads in this color for the rest of the piece.

For a strand of beads in several colors, I think black, white or clear beads in between would do a good job. And I remember a design Inca posted in the Readers' Showcase some time ago, when she wrapped ocean jasper (?) rounds with copper wire to form a cuff. Or a kind of "rosary" with chain and wirewrapped links. Wire, chain or metal spacers in any color would work, as they're all kind of neutral.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 166
elysium wrote
on Jul 28, 2010 11:29 AM

Color is one of my favorite things about beading. I say you should play around with the different accent colors and the clear neutral beads which will make the colors POP even more.

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 650
AndreaM226 wrote
on Jul 29, 2010 2:52 PM

It depends on the size of the beads and the colors within them - I generally pick a color within the beads to use as an accent but then there are times when I go go for contrast - Using a color wheel can really help for coming up with good accent colors, there is a great website with a color wheel that you can use - www.colorschemedesigner.com  I use this site a lot because it allows you to find colors that match fairly precisely what you're using - then again there are times when simple silver or pewter beads are the perfect accent - there are so many options!  Use the color wheel, get ideas and then experiment - be sure to show us your finished design!

Andrea

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 30, 2010 9:13 AM

Welcome to the Beading Daily Forum. I am sure you'l enjoy the Bd family. Its a great place to learn and share what you know with others seeking help. come back often!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
megm3271 wrote
on Aug 3, 2010 6:24 PM

Andrea hit it right on the nose - use a color wheel!! Your options are only limited by your imagination! Sometimes I feel more mono-chromatic in my designs and will use color's that are complimentary, other times I may use one color and various shades of that color. Mix it up in your feeling daring!! Good luck and post your creation so we can all ohh and ahh over it!!!

Best Regards ~ Meg Markovic

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS