What in the world is going on with the sign in?

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 19, 2010 12:45 PM

I am not sure what is going on, but the last few days I have had to sign in just about each time I want to long onto BD. I wouldn't really mind once a week it they can't figure out another way, but daily or even twice a day is a bit too much. Is it my computer or have the techs been playing again?

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 19, 2010 3:48 PM

"Knock On Wood" I haven't had to sign in on either of my computers in like forever.  Sorry I'm no helpTongue Tied

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 137
Artual wrote
on Jul 20, 2010 7:44 AM

I don't have to sign in either. I am using Windows, Google chrome browser and once clicked on "remember my password" so I don't have to log in every time I visit BD.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 20, 2010 10:08 AM

Once upon a time, I stayed signed in. Then someone told me to delete my "browsing history" to keep my computer from being so slow. When I do that, it deletes all the places stored on my computer, but it deletes the "command to save my password".

so, I have to completely sign in everytime. Thats why, I sign in the AM, I don't sign out till I turn the computer off at night.

hope this helps.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 7:44 AM

Still having the same issue. I went in yesterday and redid everything in profile edit page. Pushed every conceivable button possible and still I have to sign in every time I open DB page. This is enough to drive me crazy. And yes, the box for 'keep me signed in' is checked, that was the first thing I looked at. I even unchecked it and then went back and rechecked it, still no go. I have no idea what is happening. I have been using Firefox for years and this is something new. I think I will log into Explorer and see if I have the same issue there.

I will go now and check it out at Explorer, I will let you all know what I find.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 7:46 AM

If Firefox isn't working, Internet Explorer is good, but I use Safari, and it works fine for me!

Hope this helps!

Cool

Sean

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 8:14 AM

Okay, I am back. I went to Explorer and everything is fine in that ball field. I just perfer the site going through Firefox. I have spell check on the site if I use Firefox and I don't using Explorer. Although it seems that Explorer is faster in loading the pages. So I guess the difference in the two browers is 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. I think that for the quick check to see what is happening I will use the Explorer brower, and I plan on sticking around for a few hours, which is usual and the reason I never get my beading done, I will be using Firefox.

See you in a bit I have to finish the rest of my projects for the fair. I am down to finishing 3 pairs of earrings, than I am finished to take them to the fair on the 29th.

See you all later today. Maybe around the midnight hour.Wink

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 8:21 AM

Thanks Sean, I did a little study for myself and discovered that the problem is with Firefox. Doesn't surprize me, last week I couldn't get onto Yahoo with Firefox. I had to use Explorer. Yahoo wouldn't except my password using Firefox, but it was fine on Explorer. Yahoo has no problem with Firefox this week, so I am hoping that Firefox stops fighting with all my usual web sites pretty soon and I can get back to surfing again.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 9:17 AM

That's so weird, because I use FF all the time and haven't had problems.  I do know there was a security update the other day so you might check to make sure you have the latest version just in case.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 6:28 AM

Thanks Jeni,I uploaded the lastest version just the other day, and that is when I actually starting having trouble.Hmm  I wish I knew how to go back and take the latest version off my laptop. However seeing I am a complete computer dummy I will just have to wait for the next update, which knowing the history of Firefox it should be any day now. LOLWink

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS