How big is your bead stash?

This post has 109 Replies | 14 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 2:18 PM

Here is my current workspace with the colorful cart and a wire 4-shelf cart on the left.  They're both too full, with many plastic containers on the floor.  I can't seem to get this pic any smaller.  Having some issues with my picture files.    Sorry about that.  If anyone knows how to upload or resize to the correct dimensions, let me know!     Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 4:10 PM

Very nice! 

Well ladies, my apartment reno is nearly complete.  Once the contacter is outta my hair, the interior decorating can begin.  I'll be getting a new carpet and some lovely wicker furniture to add to my beach cottage design, and then we'll be installing my new bead studio.  I'm so excited!  I'd do cartwheels if I could!  I'll keep y'all updated and once my new studio is completed you'll be the first to see the brand new Boutique V!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 154
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 5:36 AM

Oh my gosh those stashes are huge! I don't think I even have half that many beads. All I have right now are 4 or 5 of those clear containers to the left in Donna's pic, a bead mat, a new desk light, and the pink version of the blue drawers under the white bear. A few other things ( including a bead tray ) are sitting in a storage unit right now. I also had the same exact chair as yours Donna, (until my dad traded his girly pink chair for my black oneSmile)

xXFantasyXx

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 9:54 AM

Wow, Val.  Sounds like a dream.  Will you have windows?  That's the one thing I wish I had.  Send a picture as soon as it's done!

Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 10:53 AM

I started with 3 plastic containers (divided).  Then, realized I had to resort to a usable design.  I bought more containers, and resorted by color and stone, crystal or pearl.  That has worked, although I have probably two greens, two blues, two pinks (I don't even care that much for pink), etc.  It just keeps growing.  My problem is not being able to get containers out in the open enough to see what I have for a project.  I have a bad lower back, so I don't bend far enough often enough to use my seed beads in the bottom drawer.  Is that silly or what?  Things will change when I'm finally at my big table downstairs.  Unfortunately, that big table allows for more cats to get into more stuff more often.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 23, 2012 3:16 PM

I wish, but our home is one of those older ones where they didn't believe in putting windows in the basement.  Still, with the new ceiling, I've gained over a foot of extra space, and with the ugly panelling shipped back to the 70's, the walls are now this beautiful soft ivory colour, so it's very light and airy in my living room now.  They also got me an outdoor screened in pop-up patio, so next summer I can have my studio outside, and we'll put a cot out there, too, so I can nap in the afternoon.  Can life get any better than this?Smile  I really hate wishing my life away, nut I'm ready for next summer already!  It's too cold for me now, so expect to put up with a lot of whining from me over the next months.  I hate the cold!

Will send LOTS of pics of my new studio!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 1:09 PM

Yes! My bead stash is pretty big now and I do buy more than I make. Lately, I have been trying not to buy anymore beads until I organize what I already have better and make some jewelry from the beads that have piled up on me 

It is more challenging than I thought it would be! lol ;)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 1:31 PM

I can only wish that my beads and beading space would be that well organized.  I use our dining room table for my beading space and have tubs sorted by color, crystal, metals etc. stacked under the table, in the corner next to the table, and against the wall.  Luckily we rarely (never) eat in the dining room.  There is a glass door leading out to the deck on one wall of the DR, so during the daytime I have pretty good light (of course I work full time so unless it is the weekend, I am never beading during the day).

My stash seems to keep growing - I may never use everything I have, but that does not seem to stop me from buying more...I really try to control myself, but my will-power is often weak.  In fact, when I was showing at a craft show last weekend I met a lady who owns a bead store locally that I had never heard of...thought I knew them all (and had shopped them all)!!!  So, my beading friend and I are going tomorrow to check it out - whoo hoo - a new place to shop for beads.  I don't think I dare tell my husband where we are going.  He totally does not understand my bead-addiction, but he has resigned himself to my bead habit!  My goal is to get more organized...I keep trying...

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Sep 28, 2012 1:32 PM

I's  not  a challenge....it's  impossible !Wink

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 4:42 PM

Windy, I agree!! The more beads I acquire the more impossible it becomes to keep them organized and also to make more and buy less. lol ;)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Sep 28, 2012 9:45 PM

this is my space now i have done some moving around and have gotten at lot of supplys recently  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 1:26 AM

Bec,

Who're the hotties on the wall?(lol)

And I've given up trying to get myself to quit buying beads.  It's a lost cause. Maybe I'll have to go to BA.(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 3:00 AM

Valbeads:

Bec,

Who're the hotties on the wall?(lol)

And I've given up trying to get myself to quit buying beads.  It's a lost cause. Maybe I'll have to go to BA.(g)

Val

hi val they are a band from the uk called mcfly ,

i have been even luck to meet them twice they even look better in person . ,

i will have to stop buying beads for a while as my family keep saying how i have to much and  not to buy any more ! .

but i never seem to have what i need , i very realy if ever have a project in mind when buying so i think that helps as i can just buy and use my imagition to use what i have .

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 10:21 PM

Souds like they watched Back to the Future one too many times!(lol)  Lucky you!

My mother just said the same thing to me only this afternoon!  And I have the same exact problem you do.  Only I keep telling myself I won't go to the store or visit the website.  Next thing I know- bing! I've got a email telling me about a huge sale with mega discounts.  So I go to the store or click over to the site, telling myself I'll just get one or two things I really need.  Then I see something shiny and pretty- peck! I pick it off the shelf or click the shopping cart button.  I'm like those birds, I think maybe they're magpies.  Every time they see something shiny- peck!

It's so hopeless!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
violetflame wrote
on Sep 29, 2012 11:25 PM

Val, I can relate! I tried to stop buying so many beads as well and it is not working lol. I just broke down and ordered more beads tonight to create a necklace. I definitely need to go to BA! lol Hmm

Page 6 of 8 (110 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next > | RSS