How big is your bead stash?

This post has 109 Replies | 14 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 22, 2012 1:39 PM

Indeed!  I think the reason my parents want to do this for me is because they're tired of me hogging the sunroom!(lol)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Sara JaneP@2 wrote
on Jul 22, 2012 2:15 PM

My seed bead stash is large, organized by size and colors.In fact I have a bead room.  I have a closet full of stone and glass beads,cabs and focal beads  Cases full of crystal pears and swarovski beads.  I work late and night and am terrified I won't have the color and size I need.  And I am like a magpie, I can not resist a bright shiny bead 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Renetha wrote
on Jul 22, 2012 3:21 PM

My love for beads started with a small baggie given to me by Carole Ohl at a gathering of beaded art doll enthusiasts!  What you don't see are the bins on the floor filled with more beads!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 22, 2012 5:21 PM

Okay, I officially hate you!(lol)  I want your stash, whine!Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 36
yumemiru wrote
on Jul 24, 2012 11:44 PM

Renetha:

My love for beads started with a small baggie given to me by Carole Ohl at a gathering of beaded art doll enthusiasts!  What you don't see are the bins on the floor filled with more beads!

I think I just died and found heaven. *.* Ma'am, I applaud your stash.

My Blog: http://anthologybeadgeek.blogspot.com/

My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnthologyBeadwork

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 169
on Jul 24, 2012 11:50 PM

I want you ladies to know that I made a collage of all your photos to present to my husband to prove that I am sane.....comparitively.... Devil

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 27, 2012 7:52 PM

I love your "Organizaton" Wow! my bead room looks like a tornado went thru it. I do have shelves that go almost to the ceiling. Organized not even close. I am under the "Illusion" I will get it sorted by bead sizes, and findings by Silver or gold etc. before the order gets here. I ordered on Tues and todays Friday and it shiped "Priority" .(so I will be up late a few nights getting it organized and then I will post a before and after Picture.)

I just ordered a boat load of seed beads from Joan Painter, (my excuse is 40% off I just had to have some of every color at that price) I have been trying to bag all the unfinished objects on beading (serving trays) trays. so I can try to figure out where I can put the new "Bead Store" when it arrived.Wink  Thanks to my friends and my sister I have lots of containers. 20 grams and 40 grams are most likely in plastic bags.

I love the way you have this set up, with storage everywhere and a place to bead. Congradulations!

ps, you aren't close to Deming,NM ? are you?Ick!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jul 27, 2012 11:14 PM

Wow, Renetha, your stash looks so organized!  I love the idea of knowing where everything is, and having it so accessible.  At least I'm partway there.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
ElleBlaisure wrote
on Sep 3, 2012 10:38 AM

Well honestly, I could probably open a small store with all my beads and components. But I doubt it's as big as most of you ladies and your collections :(. Haha, but then again I have been collecting beads since I was twelve and I'm now twenty-three so I don't know.  It's not a small collection that is for sure.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 504
on Sep 4, 2012 1:12 AM

Hmm....I have  two 5 foot shelves mostly filled with those round stacking containers that screw together. Most of the stacks are about 10 containers high. Then I have a bunch of seed beads, crystals and the like in their tubes, pkgs., in rectangular stacking containers on another shelf. There are 14 of those. The are made by a company called Snap It (I think) and measure about 5 X 8 X 2" each. Then there are the miscellaneous piles on my workbench and i also have a bunch of findings and such in jars hanging from pegboard on my wall. There are probably about 50 jars. I think that's it.....

happy beading!

shellie

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Sep 5, 2012 8:00 AM

my bead stash has grown a lot bigger as i have bought seed beads ( dyna - mites ) and i have bought a lot from panda hall which is very mass bulk and they are great quality , though the shipping is a killer .

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
on Sep 18, 2012 9:46 AM

Just looking at you people's bead stash well organized in boxes and all makes me feel guilty and embarrassed.. I keep one box with white pearls and unwanted stuff along with fishline, pliers, scissors and wire... while all of the beads I am currently using are in polybags.. Embarrassed 

I used to buy new beads before finishing with old ones but now I don't get to move out and I cant order online as I still havent found any reliable website for beads in India hence my stock is bit limited.. But still I get to finish with the old ones now..Smile 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Tank Girl wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 12:51 PM

My stash went from 3 drawers of a lovely little secretary desk, to our roll-top desk with two rolling carts.  Now, I am moving downstairs.  Our basement is not the brightest, most cheerful place right now, but after some track lights, cleaning, painting, etc., I'll be good to go!  And think of all the room I'll have for the beads that are still out there waiting for me......

I discovered (since it was on sale)  a 10-drawer (pretty mult-colored drawers) rolling cart that is actually  meant for scrapbooking storage.  I can get all kinds of containers in those drawers even though they aren't meant for too much weight.  I 'm going to get another one that has two sets of 5 drawers so it'll fit under my 3'x5' work table.  If anyone is interested, get on Walmart's website and do a search for "craft storage carts".  I'm at work, so when I get home I'll find a pic of my stash and post it. 

I also have cats.......6 of them (it's not my fault) and they love to help me bead.  However, one of them is a kleptomaniac.  Those little zip bags with those sparklies in them are ripe for picking!  I usually find them under the bed, if I'm lucky.

Keep posting about your work areas.  I love seeing new ideas, and you all have good ones!

Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 553
Beadiecat wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 8:44 AM

I have one of those 10 drawer carts. I love it!  I'd buy another one if I had room to put it, lol.

Cat

Page 5 of 8 (110 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS