How big is your bead stash?

This post has 109 Replies | 14 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 9, 2012 10:13 PM

Warm Welcome to Beading Daily Forum. There are lots of helpful folks on this site. I have been dropping in for a few years.; some of the Terrific folks are still here on a regular basis. Others drop in from time to time. New folks are always welcomed.

Bead Barter is another to to get a variety of supplies.

I think most the beaders I have met, buy to make a project and Stash the left overs.  Just a thought so you can post in the "Bead Barter " Section on the Forum page.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Jun 9, 2012 10:28 PM

hi val

thanks for your reply there was empier bead wich i still shop from .they are like fmg but they don't stock everything , they use to have free postage toaustralia but now they are based at hong kon so now you have to buy over seas , i'm disabled to i have nerve damge in my left leg and i need to wear and afo and i have ehlers danlos syndrome so i can understand how hard it to get to places , i had one great store though a bit over priced but all the finding i bought there tarnised . so i don't buy from there anymore , i do buy from a 3 stores all up the most andi try and get to the bead and gem show i can get a bit there for cheap and stock up . thanks for the info , we put dot com dot au when we want to go to and aussie site .

thanks becci

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 10, 2012 1:41 AM

Hey, Becci,

Glad to know I could be of some help.  I thought that .au might come into play somewhere along the way!  I have an acquaintance with Ehlers-Danlos; I understand it can be rather painful at times.  Sometimes being disabled has its drawbacks; other times, eh...I'm getting ready to start my knee injections again shprtly.  I haven't any cartilege left in my knees as a result of the accident that left me with permanent spinal damage, so every six months the doctor  injects artificial cartilege under my kneecaps.  Doesn't feel real good but I've had worse.  I've always wanted to go to a bead show but couldn't because they've always been too far away, and I can't drive much, any longer.  There's supposed to be one about an hour and a half from where I live in Sep.; maybe my mum can take me to it.

Isn't that always the case with a lot of these companies nowadays, moving overseas?  Ridiculous.  BTW, is it snowing there yet, or do you live closer to the Equator, like Brisbane?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 10, 2012 1:44 AM

Ooo, thanks for that info, Mary.  I thought that only happened during the specified bead swaps.  I'll be sure to check it out.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Jun 10, 2012 4:16 AM

hi val

i live in sydney so it dose not snow here but i think it snows a little up it the mountains mostly it dose not snow here but there are snow places in the blue montains and another i can't think of the name but they are man made snow with snow machines than real , i have never seen snow , i hope your knee gets a bit better , when i did the nerve damge in my leg i broke a ligemt and bone nere the knee my doctor first though i rip the cartlige out though , i have been told when i'm old i will need both my knees replaced as they are alredy to have a lot of damge but i will onlt have that when it gets realy bad , eds is painful all the time but you learn to egnore it , but if you have a injery or fall it woresens .

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote

hi val

i live in sydney so it dose not snow here but i think it snows a little up it the mountains mostly it dose not snow here but there are snow places in the blue montains and another i can't think of the name but they are man made snow with snow machines than real , i have never seen snow , i hope your knee gets a bit better , when i did the nerve damge in my leg i broke a ligemt and bone nere the knee my doctor first though i rip the cartlige out though , i have been told when i'm old i will need both my knees replaced as they are alredy to have a lot of damge but i will onlt have that when it gets realy bad , eds is painful all the time but you learn to egnore it , but if you have a injery or fall it woresens .

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote

hi val

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 10, 2012 3:56 PM

How odd!  I'm going to have to have my knees replaced, too, but mine will be done within the next couple of years most likely, because mine are such a mess,  Doc doesn't want to put it off till I'm in my 60's or 70's 'cos that would just wind up being excess torture on me.  Yeah, you do learn to live with the pain after awhile, but it's not fun, and the pain meds get tiresome, too.  My orthopedic surgeon is talking about a surgical implant for my spine to shut off the nerves that misfire.

Ah, Sydney!  Nice!  Don't worry about not seeing snow; you're not missing anything.  It was that way for me when I lived in Viginia; then my dad moved the family to New York State and now all I ever see is snow!  I'm sick of the snow, and the cold.  Working on moving back to Virginia, where the weather's much nicer.  Plus more sunshine!  BTW, I'd say thanks for sending us Jesse Spencer, but he's from Melbourne!  Oh, well!

Hope you enjoy your upcoming bead shows.  Happy beading!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 46
bec95beads wrote
on Jun 14, 2012 8:26 AM

hope everything gose good for you ,

this is my bead stash i never is any have an idea of what i am going to make , as under the desk is bags my bead bords , book , seedbeads and current seed bead progects are on the top self , my glass , swarvoski cyrstal , and gemstones , gold findings are at the side on the side of that is thread and the table it's self are tools , beads , silver findings and stringing supplies that's all , in the big draw at the bottom of my desk are loks of beading magazine , the boxes to the left side are fabric and wool .  ( i do sewing and knitting )

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 169
on Jun 25, 2012 9:23 PM

I MUST show my husband this thread.  obviously I'm not the only one who goes a bit over board on bead stuff....and  I'm still learningBig Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
DoniaR wrote
on Jul 19, 2012 7:45 PM

This thread caught my eye hoping to see how other beaders stashed their treasures.  OMGosh, I'm so not sharing.  My husband already teases me that I have more than all the bead stores in our area combined.  I have an entire formal dinning area packed to the hilt with my stash and then some.  I like having things on hand when the creative juices flow and that doesn't mean running off in search for that special something or waiting for it to come via USPS or UPS.  Love all the pics and ideas shared. Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
elainelynn wrote
on Jul 21, 2012 4:46 PM

I also have way too many beads, but I do buy more for new projects.  I need to start looking at my stash before I order, because I just placed an order with FMG, got a little carried away with their $1 seed beads, and when it arrived I realized I had bought some colors I already have.  Sad

The great thing about being a bead hoarder is that they take up relatively little space... I mean, it's not like I have 500 pairs of shoes or 90 cats or anything, right?  :-P

Elaine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
elainelynn wrote
on Jul 21, 2012 4:48 PM

Wanted to add... Christina, I LOVE your setup!  I see desks like that all the time at garage sales... wonder if I could squeeze one into our house...  ;-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 21, 2012 9:34 PM

Lol, heck no!  Of course, the 500 pairs of shoes might not be so bad!(g)

My mother and I were talking about renos today, as my apartment is to be reno-ed in about a fortnight, and if there's enough left over, she's thinking of getting one of those nice wooden sheds with a window or two, having it insulated, and turning it into a studio for me!  How cool would that be?!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
ErinK42 wrote
on Jul 22, 2012 9:04 AM

Wow - nice deal, Val!

We live in a townhouse and we're hoping to become foster parents soon which will let us get rid of the housemates and give me a room to share with hubby as studio / office space. It has to be better than taking over chunks of the living room and my bedroom.

Erin K

Page 4 of 8 (110 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS