How big is your bead stash?

This post has 109 Replies | 13 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 1:25 PM

sydney.:
Every Friday I pray to the hills that my number will get drawn in the Shipwreck Newsletter.. Once I win that $250, I am stocking up!

You and me both! :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
pearlgirl64 wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 1:58 PM

"I wrote a long blog post about blocking creativity by trying too hard to suppress any less-than-spectacular designs," - thanks for the blog, brightcircle, really needed to read that for my own good! Wink

Sandra, Liguria, Italy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 3:49 PM

.Here is where  I do most of my work..

Please disregard my lack of vacuuming.. and the crap on the walls.  Chris used to be in a band (starting a new one) and he does recordings in here, and I kinda took over a small corner.

This is my desk, and under my desk.  The open box is full of stones (so are the two bags in it) and the bearpaw box is also filled with beads.

This is my shelf thing.. 3 big boxes full of bead, 3 seperaters full of glass beads, 3 full of metal crap, and a thingie of clasps.

And a rollie thingie, full of baggies, diecuts, magazines, books, patterns, old jewelry that needs to be undone, more beads, and apparently some Demeter perfume I haven't worn in a long time because it attracts bees.

I have wayy too many stashes of beads... Enough said.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 4:49 PM

sydney.:

So all the hoarders, say aye!

Aye!

It's funny, how we all have the same things in common.. I'm also at a run with clasps.. I have a case thingie of them, but still, never seem to have the one I really want to use!  I love all the ones I have, they just don't work with what I'm making.

I also like the sense of security that I have those funky beads to offset my otherwise boring designs.  Do you know how hard it is to find vertebrae beads?

Every Friday I pray to the hills that my number will get drawn in the Shipwreck Newsletter.. Once I win that $250, I am stocking up!

Vertebrae beads? sounds cool!

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 4:51 PM

pearlgirl64:

"I wrote a long blog post about blocking creativity by trying too hard to suppress any less-than-spectacular designs," - thanks for the blog, brightcircle, really needed to read that for my own good! Wink

My pleasure! I'm glad it helped.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 5:43 PM

My Daughter is visiting from California, so we have hit all the Tourist sites in Tombstone,AZ area. I did not buy one bead,until I got to the Swap Meet in Sierra Vista. I got a Great deal on some old pieces with stones missing, that I can "Recreate, Recycle."

Then I passed up some beautiful over priced  Tiny GlassFlower Beads in a little shop. (I have kicked myself for not buying them anyway).Crying

I have shared my stash with a couple of people, and I do beleive it multiplies at night, while I am sleeping. I keep buying more containers to put the stash in.

I am positive, I would not keep buying, and buying.Wink All I need to to make a sale, I never get home with the cash.Yes

Love this thread, it is a fun read.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 4, 2010 12:45 AM

Aye to hoarding, and I'm still waiting for my Shipwreck number to be drawn too.  That would be almost as good as winning the lottery. Wink

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jul 4, 2010 5:52 PM

I am a bead horder....I buy what I like and seldom by for specific projects. I am also getting on the "use your stash" bandwagon because I have little $ and tons of beads lol.

The blue tackle box has all my metal beads, components and findings, the tan one has my stone beads, pearls, glass beads, and pendants/focals. The two large clear boxes on top of my wooden tool box have my vintage beads and my swap beads (yes, all the challenge swap beads have their own special box) and the smaller one has my ubo's in it (unfinished beaded objects)

The pink thing is a padded bead tray (gift from my M-I-L and I LOVE it) and the blue and brown canvas tool tote was a gift from a friend. The grey and yellow organizer on the floor to the right was a gift from my neighbor and I can't wait to get beads into it lol.

Everything is on top of, next to, and under my oak tea cart, the sides flip out to make a good table for beading on, the flip back down to get out of the way. It also has wheels so I can park it where the best light is.

All of my beads are organized by color :)

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jul 4, 2010 6:20 PM

I have quite a stash, But not as big as yours! That's a ton of Beads!Surprise I have a billion tubes of delicas and japaneseseeds!Super AngrySuper Angry  I luv my stash more than anything so it is way too big... lolz 

I need to get a photo!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 5, 2010 12:53 AM

Love your tea cart Christina!  I have all my swap beads together as well.  It's amazing from one swap to the next how many leftovers work well together. :)

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 5, 2010 10:52 AM

My stash is always growing. I buy things with no idea how I'll use them and they sit around for months (sometimes years) before I find the right idea for them. then, inevitably, I need "something" to make the design perfect, and end up ordering even more stuff. I'm also a sucker for a good sale. I have a hard time passing up items that I know are a good deal, even if I don't need them. I've been trying to keep it under control lately...new mantra--"I don't need that, I don't need that, I don't need that..."

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Jul 6, 2010 5:45 AM

Right now, out stash is taking up 2 rooms. One of them is half full of yarn and material because Pam knits, sews, and crochets as well. I am in the middle of remodeling our studio because i got my hands on a lot of pegboard as well as some decent shelving material. I have some pics of the work in progress, but  don't want to publish any until it is at least almost complete. We literially could start a store with what we have. There are a lot of beads to sort through yet. Man, this is a lot of work involved too. But we have to get organized bigtime. When it takes you 3 hours to find the right beads, stones and components to put together a necklace, it kind of takes the wind out of your sails as well as profit out of your pocket. *laughz* I promise, new pics are on the way shortly.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jul 7, 2010 9:19 AM

I confess.....I'm a hoarder ! I most definitely buy more than I either use or sell....but I have TOO much fun doing it ! It does get a little scary when I look at my inventory software bottom line ( and I admit....not everything is logged into the system ! ) I try not to look too often. Tongue Tied

The one aspect I love about it is having almost everything I could need on hand.....but I agree that sometimes you just HAVE to find a certain piece. The drawback is that some of my stash, I'll never find again, so it makes it hard to use some things in a design unless it's ' perfect' ! LOL

At least I've finally organized it all, and the worst I have to do now is paw through my boxes for the right part......but at least I know which plastic box it's in !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jul 25, 2010 8:07 PM

I got a new bead desk!!!

My neighbor was moving to a smaller apartment and she asked us if we could use her big desk...my Boyfriend looked at and said the 2 magic words.....BEAD DESK

So here it is....i'm all moved in :)

No more beads allover the house and on the floor to trip over...and I have room to spread everything out when I'm working on something. Yay!

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 25, 2010 9:01 PM

That looks great Christina! Bet it makes working much nicer!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Page 2 of 8 (110 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS