Wll trade beads for private beading lessons (still)

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
kajero wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 4:09 PM

I'm still looking to trade some beads for private lessons. I asked one time before, but no one lived close to Minneapolis, MN. Maybe something's changed. (hope).

So, if you want a willing student and some beads, let me know!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 8:19 PM

I don't live near you. however, we will be traveling this summer and will spend a couple of days,in the Minneapolis area.( RV Park)

I would E Mail you off Post, but you have no Email listed.???

Most of the beading I learned from Internet Tutorials.  I just type in what I want to learn and the google search engine, takes me to pages of information. The Video Tutorials are Great and Free online. Its like a private teacher, 24/7.

How to make a ?? in google search Best of Luck, and hopefully someone near you will pop in here.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
kajero wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 8:32 PM

Who knows. Maybe it will work out. I also look at the videos and tutorials, but no matter how I try, my crimps are sloppy and I can't make a decent loop. I need someone to give me some hands on experience.

How do I do an email off post?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 8:36 PM

HI, you can click on my avatar,(picture of our two dogs) and it will take you to my profile,

which list My Email address.

you can send it thru BD to me.

Crimps I can teach you, in one afternoon/Morning, and the loops, I just learned recently from a LBS  Owner, Cleo at Snows little bead room in Benson. He has showed me a dozen times, but at last I got it.Yeah! It easy to show you.

(No you can't see my hands waving, so can't tell ya how to doit.LOL)

Maybe we can get together. Our RV has slide outs so its roomy enough for us to bead.etc.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 22, 2010 11:27 PM

kajero, have you looked at the crimping video on turquoise magpie's website?  It's the best one I've seen, with lots of pointers.  Maybe it will help some until you can find a hands-on teacher.  Btw, have you looked for a local beadstore?  They usually have classes, and many will show you a few simple things outside of a formal class.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
kajero wrote
on Jun 23, 2010 4:36 PM

The bead classes seem always to fall on a date I can't make it. 

What is the url to tourquoise,magpie's website.

I thought about asking for help at the bead stores but everytime I go to one it seems there are extremely busy.  I need more than a "show how to," cause I  know how to do it . . . sloppily.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS