Bead Expo back in Santa Fe!

This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
ForumModerator
AmyCM wrote
on May 20, 2008 6:54 AM

I'm so excited that Bead Expo is going to be in Santa Fe again--it is the perfect venue for the perfect show.

--Amy Clarke Moore

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 502
Editor
on May 21, 2008 9:57 AM

A bead show I can drive to!  That sounds pretty dangerous--I will have so much more room to stash all my bead purchases!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 650
AndreaM226 wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:30 PM

I live in Santa Fe, I'm really excited about an expo being held here - unfortunately I don't know when it is, does anyone have the actual dates for the expo?

Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Jaclyn@4 wrote
on May 27, 2008 11:39 AM

Bead Expo Santa Fe will be held from March 12-15. It will be held at the Sweeney Convention Center and Hilton Hotel. If you have any other questions about the show, please feel free to ask me. Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sghecht wrote
on Sep 12, 2008 8:47 AM

I wanted to register and sign up for classes at the Santa Fe Bead show but they require a waiver. It is as follows:

The undersigned acknowledges that Released Parties and its respective designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to use and permit others to use your name(s), likeness(s), other identification and biographical material for the purposes of promoting and advertising the events in which the undersigned is participating that is a subject of this release.

I am not comfortable giving "perpetual worldwide right".  I'd like some opinions.  What do you all do about this?

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Sep 12, 2008 8:59 AM

I have not attended a class like this, but to me it is sounding like they are saying that basically if you attend the show, they can use your name, picture, etc in advertising, flyers, letters, etc. 

Usually, there are pictures of shows on flyers for advertising, and for articles afterwards and since those are used everywhere, that is where the world wide part comes in.

At least that would be the way I take it. I don't take it as if you design something while in the class it is theirs. I take it as information about who attends the class.

Having given my opinion, I have not attended a class and have not been required to sign one of these. Please wait for other's opinions who have this experience. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Sep 13, 2008 3:07 PM

Sandy,

Flat out -- I wouldn't sign it !!!  I rather doubt the legality of such a waiver, but I'm not a lawyer.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sghecht wrote
on Sep 15, 2008 6:25 AM

Stan,

Thanks for your reply. I agree. I cannot give Beadfest's organizers carte blanche to my private information to do with as they wish forever. 

I want very much to attend and take classes at the Santa Fe beadfest but the required waiver is now an enormous problem!!!

I have e-mailed Interweave but have not received a reply.

Any suggestions from fellow beaders?

Thanks,

Sandy

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Jaclyn@4 wrote
on Sep 15, 2008 1:04 PM

Hi Sandy,

I work in the events department at Interweave Press and I wanted to answer your question about the waiver. In order to bring bead enthusiasts the best bead-focused content we can, we rely on the participation of members of the bead enthusiast community on our online forums, at our shows and in our classrooms. Publicizing participation in these venues expands the bead enthusiast community and, for this reason, we sometimes use, for example, the image and identification of venue participants in our promotional and marketing material. Without the release we ask each participant to sign, required by our lawyers, our ability to continue to serve and expand the bead enthusiast community would be restricted. We hope you find our explanation helpful and continue to participate in our venues. Please click on the link listed to browse through photos that we use for our promotions. http://www.beadfest.com/beadfest/PHL_photos.cfm

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. Hopefully we will see you at Bead Fest Santa Fe!

Jaclyn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Sep 16, 2008 4:23 PM

The url is:

http://www.beadfest.com/beadfest/PHL_photos.cfm

Somehow, your 'If" was hijacked by the '.cfm' and they didn't play together well. Big Smile

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS