Color cross-reference chart for Miyuki, Toho Seed Beads

This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jun 6, 2010 3:46 PM

I am looking for a color cross-reference chart for Miyuki, Toho, and Matsuno seed beads.  Tohos are less expensive than Miyuki.  So if I want to replace Miyuki seed beads in a pattern, with Toho, I'd like to know what color would be a match, or at least a close match. Can anyone help?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 6, 2010 4:04 PM

Hi

I know that FMG has color sample cards for Miyuki seed beads. But since I don't work primarily in seed beads the cards are a bit pricy for me. But if you use mainly seed beads they would probably save you from buying the wrong color and save you time and money in the long run.

I don't know about the others but I'm sure that if one has them they all do it's just a matter of finding a supplier that carries the sample references.

I'm sure someone who uses more seed beads will have more information for you. Give it awhile and I'm sure someone will check in and give you better information.

Good luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 12:31 AM

Deb, at A-Z bead depot in Apache Junction,AZ or Fran over at Snow's Little Bead Room in Benson AZ  Might have what your looking for or could get it.

I got a set of the Delica color chart, and I still buy the same colors I already have. Smile

I like the idea of having a color chart for each brand. Great Idea!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 1:02 AM

I've never thought of having color charts to cross reference..

I only get cylinder beads at 3 places.. and it's all relative on how desperate I am for the colors.  One, for if I need just a color in Delicas.. Another, a lil farther away, and a lil more expensive, if I am set on a specific color, and the third, a shop on the Oregon Coast if I really want to spoil myself (and can wait till I go down next), and need delicas to match the reg seed beads.

I'll be very curious to see who has the charts, they'd be fun to look at!

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 2:30 AM

Found a miyuki/toho conversion chart. Look to the right handside menu there are other charts as well including aikos.

http://www.thebeadcellar.co.uk/pages.php?pageid=14

As for Matsuno, I can't find any conversion charts at all but here is the link to there main site and their colour pages.

http://www.mgb.co.jp/color/color.html

Hope that helps.

Kathi

Not Ranked
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 6:30 AM

Kathi, Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it for future reference.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Jun 10, 2010 6:48 AM

You're welcome Sue

Kathi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jun 11, 2010 11:47 AM

Kathi, I appreciate it as well.  I just did something I keep forgetting to do, so decided to point it out to others.  Just to the right of each post, there is a set of plus signs with actions you can take.  I checked "Add this item to Favorites".  There are so many bits of useful info here on the forum that I'll want at some point in the future.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jun 13, 2010 3:43 PM

Thanks to all of you for responding so quickly!  And thank you so much for the websites and info on the cylinder beads.  Happy Beading!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
black irish wrote
on Aug 9, 2011 12:42 PM

Caravan beads used to have a complete cross-reference list for Toho vs. Miyuki on his web site in the early 2000's. Maybe if you are a customer of his, he might still be able to provide the list.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
doris010456 wrote
on Mar 25, 2013 12:29 PM

I just bumped this to the top.  Thought it might help  someone...

Not Ranked
Posts 12
patg75 wrote
on Mar 27, 2014 2:21 AM

I just found this post by accident and is exactly what I needed. I have been trying to find something to compare delica and toho bead colors without success.

thanks for posting this information as it was very, very helpful

pat

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS