Calla Lilies

This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 3:45 PM

Gosh, I love weird Asian remedies.. A few days of slathering on some White Monkey Holding Peach balm and watching the man play Fallout 3 and my wrists feel soo much better!

Anyways, I finally got to finish something I started mid-May..  While it might have Lily in the name.. it's not a real lily, but still just as pretty!

A large Calla Lily on a chain made of AB swarks and Moss Agate Rounds, and then a more medium sized solitary lily on a simple chain.   I got the concept from the book The Beaded Garden, by Diane Fitzgerald.  When I first saw, it, I knew that was the first pattern I was gonna read.. After I got the concept of it down, and the ideas that were behind the pattern, oh man, I got out my graph paper and went to town with it!  But then my stupid neck started acting up..

But, after a few days of my monkey medicine, and several hours of just relaxing, I feel all better, and am at it again.  Taking it a bit more slow, so that's why I'm working on these.  Very easy, but still good results.

A funny story about my hours "relaxing"... They actually consisted of watching Chris play the game Fallout 3, and whats funny about that, is there's an area in the game actually called Paradise Falls... and it's a slaver camp!  We saw that and both started just laughing and laughing... No, my things aren't named after a slaver camp, I like to think of Kevin from Up! living in Paradise Falls.. which I found out a couple months ago.

Ah, the little coincidences in life.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 774
yeli wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 4:24 PM

Nice!  I even like 1 petal better than the whole flower.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63
on Jun 4, 2010 4:53 PM

I beaded a calla lilly mid-May as well for a custom order.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 5:02 PM

Whoever recieved it is very lucky to have beautiful work!  I had gotten this book, The Beaded Garden, over Mother's Day weekend at Roots Island Beads in Depot Bay, ORE, and it has a beautiful Calla Lily pattern in it.  I started while I was in Oregon, but due to wrist complications, wasn't able to finish until recently.

I fell in love with the concept, and drew, and redrew, and worked, and reworked until I got it to match what I had imagined.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 63
on Jun 4, 2010 5:05 PM

amazing book, very inspiring. Her other books are great too; I think I have one on brick stitch.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 8:24 PM

They are all pretty

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 9:33 PM

Oooooooohhhhhh I love it Sydney!!! So pretty! Calla Lillies are so elegant.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Jun 4, 2010 9:50 PM

Absolutely beautiful. I dont even know what to say Geeked

"Dream Big"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 1:51 AM

Oooh, pretty, all of them!  Did I mention I love that book??  There are calla lilies in bloom all over the place here.  They grow in the ditches on the side of the road like cat tails, only shorter.  If I think about it I'll take my camera next time I'm out for a walk and snap a pic or two.

I love the "Paradise Falls" reference. Kidlet LOVES the movie "Up".

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 8:31 AM

Wow! Those are stunning... I love them all! They look so delicate.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 817
JanineB@7 wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 8:53 AM

They are both beautiful.  Calla Lillies are one of my most favorite flowers. Would love to see some pics of them in the wild. In New Hampshire it is not a flower the grows.

Would love to make a Sterling Bracelet with Calla Lilly focal, but I have,as yet not attempted it.

Wonderful work

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Karenra wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 11:02 AM

Wow....so beautiful!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 6:28 PM

Sydney,

What a wonderfully simple elegance to that ! It is really quite beautiful !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Jun 5, 2010 7:55 PM

Beautiful as per usual Sydney.  Dunno what I want more.... the lily, the monkey balm or fallout 3?  Calla lilys were my moms favorite..... I'm always partial to them.

Cherie

Dance.  Even if you're the only one who hears the music. 

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS