Bead Tool 4

This post has 31 Replies | 10 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
SusanB@131 wrote
on Jul 1, 2012 12:43 PM

I can't speak for bead creator but bead tool 4 doesn't show thread paths. 

It is a tool for creating bead charts rather like the type you would get for cross stitch or knitting but 

adapted for the dimensions of the most commonly used seed beads.

You can have just a bead chart or combine it with a word chart. Beadtool also gives

the number of beads for each colour etc. 

It will convert photos to bead charts but you still need to work on them. I have heard this is often the case 

with the more expensive program too. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,359
D.M.Z wrote
on Jul 1, 2012 12:49 PM

SusanB, I will stand up for a moment in support of the "more expensive" program. I initially purchased the BCP program and then ponied up for lifetime upgrades which means it has never cost me more than the initial fees.

As far as having to "work" on pictures after importing to a bead program, work with your software and learn how it sees your photo. I have learned how to tweak my photo prior to putting it into BCP and rarely have to alter colors after. I'll bet it is the same way with Bead Tool, but  you have to play a bit to find out what works for it. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 5
SusanB@131 wrote
on Jul 1, 2012 2:07 PM

Hi Donna, 

I am not saying anything against bcp as having never actually used it I can't 

say one way or the other.  

It sounds perfectly logical that photos render better if tweaked first. 

I may have to try that when I get my pc set up again. I very rarely  

use that facility on bead tool and did point out that it was only what I'd heard 

with regard to bead creator. 

I like bead tool as it suits my needs. I'm sure that there are many people out there who 

can do far more with their software than most. 

Can bead creator do what Anne was asking? 

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 3
debthebeader wrote
on Aug 30, 2012 2:53 AM

I have this and I paid 50.00 love to peyote. I’m working on a 3 drop now and I have trouble reading the patterns.I bought the pattern.

I can’t figure out how to use the BeadTool 4..I mean not at all. Is there a chance someone can help. I don’t find the owner very friendly or willing to help.

I really want to learn. Thank you

Not Ranked
Posts 2
EmmyDa wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 3:38 PM

My husband came up with one way to use this program until we could find out the cost of purchasing the program. If you have a digital camera that uses an sd card, do what you need to do on the program, then using your camera take a picture of it. Doing this will not be the same as being able to print it out, but you will at least have a chart to go by. So take the sd card and download picture into picture library. You can then print the picture and use that as a guide.

I have found that I really do like this program. I can take and use a photo I took and turn it into some beautiful beadwork. It is easy to use, simple to convert. Amazing. I honestly want to own this program so that I can do even more with it.

I hope this has helped you a little.Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
EmmyDa wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 3:42 PM

right now I am using the unregistered version, but if you friend me on facebook under Darice Zdrazil, I can chat with you and try to help walk you through it. I am still learning it but have found that I can even take  a photo and turn it into a beaded pattern. I hope that I am able to help you, unless you already got the help you needed. Hope to hear from you soon.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Nov 13, 2012 2:05 AM

EmmyDa - That's a great idea!  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 5:50 PM

I use BeadTool 4 all the time. I love it. It is inexpensive compared to a lot of the others out there, at $50.00 it's a bargain!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 6:13 PM

Hi debthebeader,

I use it a lot, and would be willing to help you out. I don't know much about forums, so if you know how to message me I can let you know more.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
debthebeader wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Thank you so much. i HOPE YOU REMEMBER ME! I just found this email cleaning out my box.

I would love  and welcome all the help I can get. You are the most supportive of anyone I spoke with on here. I don’t know much about forums either.

Maybe that’s why I never get an answer back from anyone. I get a lot of questions back to myself, which at first is frustrating and then I have to laugh.What I’m working on or was working on is a picture of my brother playing his guitar. oR I would like to bead a strap.

Thanks again and hope you get this. Deborah

Not Ranked
Posts 1
franquie1 wrote
on Aug 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Yes, I have it and have had it for years.  I love it.  It can be used for cross-stitch as well as inkle patterns as well.  Just about anything you would use square graphs to make patterns with.I love mine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 64
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Aug 2, 2013 8:53 PM

I don't see my answer! I know I posted one when I originally read this back in January. I do remember, and and thought it funny I hadn't heard more.

Sure, anytime you have questions you can post them here and I'll do my best to help out.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
rashi123 wrote
on Aug 31, 2013 3:24 AM

amazing, I want to use its free trial now. 

Not Ranked
Posts 16
on Sep 14, 2013 6:40 PM

No - none of them show the direction of the thread.  I use Word or Powerpoint when creating my tutorials, by I know that many others use Crel draw and other graphic design type programs.

Cheers

Christina

Not Ranked
Posts 16
on Sep 14, 2013 6:48 PM

debthebeader - Bead Tool has some great tutorials on his web page. Check them out, they are the best way to start and then just play.

I have Bead Tool, Bead Creator Pro and Bead Wizard.  Bead Tool is by far the easiest to use.  Bead Wizard is great but doesn't use actual bead colours or have the numbers etc.  Bead Creator can do some awesome things but you need to be a total computer geek to use it - I am a bit of a geek but still struggle and get annoyed with some issues.  I had previously thought that as it was an expensive program it should be the best.  But when I downloaded the free version of Bead Tool I realised how wrong I was...this one is only about $50 and for that price it is awesome - I love the pattern layout options...fantastic. 

Cheers Christina

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS