Bead Tool 4

This post has 37 Replies | 12 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 480
Calico3 wrote
on May 29, 2010 5:26 PM

Has anyone here used Bead Tool 4 for designing peyote stitch patterns? If so, what's your opinion of it? There's a free version that I downloaded and it looks very interesting but... you can't save your design or print it out with the free one, and the full version is rather pricey so I thought I'd see what someone else thinks of it.

Linda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on May 29, 2010 5:45 PM

I havent but, Ill go check it out right now :)

"Dream Big"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on May 29, 2010 5:57 PM

Where did you find the free one???

"Dream Big"

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 480
Calico3 wrote
on May 29, 2010 6:53 PM

AnnM

Just 'google' Bead Tool 4 to find it. It's free to download but you don't get all the features until you pay and register it.

Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 31, 2010 2:22 PM

I use it and love it.  It costs about 50.00 but it is so worth if it if like me you love to peyote!!!!  But it also works for other different types of weaving using different types of beads.  Use the demo before you buy it but know that you cannot print or do anything else with it unless you have the program.  Personally, I say buy it.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jun 6, 2010 12:38 PM

I just downloaded Bead Tool 4 and it looks great!!  I'm excited. However, I'm concerned that there is no contact information for the site.  I just sent an email to support@beadtool.net and received a "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: support@beadtool.net".  This obviously concerns me.  I'm willing to purchase the product, but am wary that sites and software that "pop up", can just as easily "disappear" with my $$.  Any help would be appreciated. Rita

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jun 6, 2010 1:27 PM

Update:

I just received a reply from Christopher the developer of Bead Tool 4.  Don't use the "support" link.  Use the Contact Form which is found on the Help page where it says "leave a message".  He appears to be a good person who designed the software because of "A lack of quality software. I wrote an article about it years ago: http://beadtool.net/beadcreator.html "  Sounds like a plan.  I think I'll buy it.  RG

Not Ranked
Posts 2
castlecloud wrote
on Nov 19, 2011 10:33 PM

I ordered the free download of BeadTool and have played around with pictures that I have taken. I see a lot of different designs on Etsy and just wondering if there is another way of getting patterns?  I know that you can draw your own but I know a lot of these designs look like they may have been copied. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank You,

Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 13
JannM wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 5:33 PM

i originally used another beading software and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. not only was it over-priced, there was very little if any customer support if there was a problem. when i found beadtool [it was beadtool2 then] i never looked back. christopher is a joy to work with if you have problems...he responds quickly and is very open to suggestions for future versions. at $50 i don't think it's that spendy at all, but my bead budget may be very different than yours. another thing i enjoy is the tutorials christopher has put on the site. they answer most of the FAQs. there's also a yahoo group for discussions and you'll get a ton of great tips there for tweaking beadtool4 for your personal needs. look for beadtoollovers [all one word] at yahoo.com.

HTH,

mrsmo  mrsmo48@gmail.com

Beading For Southpaws: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/mrsmo48

My Lulu Store: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/beadingforsouthpaws 

♥:♥~j~♥:♥

Not Ranked
Posts 7
woodthrush@2 wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 7:32 PM

I've had BeadCreatorPro for years.  I've heard the newest  version is $150.  Way too much unless you produce patterns, a lot of patterns, for sale.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,328
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 29, 2011 8:31 PM

Jann,

I see that you are new here, and I want to welcome you. I don't have a bead program at this moment and it just isn't in my budget at this time. But I thank you for all the information about Beadtool. 

What really got my attention, was that I seen you posted your e-mail address. It is not a good idea to do that here, we have over 400.000 users on this site and some of them have been known  to spam this site. If anyone wants to send you an e-mail they can do it though this site. They never see your e-mail address unless you respond to them. This protects you from unwanted spam. I really would encourage you  to remove your e-mail address from this post.

Come back and chat some more with us.

Happy Beading!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 27, 2012 11:25 AM

I  have been using Bead Tool 4 for some time and I just love it. it is easy to use you put in your own bead list and make you pattern. when ready to print it - you get everything you need. picture - pattern - list of beads and how many you need. they just sent me a new upgrade to download and it 3 minutes it was ready to go.  The BEST program around I know I have had a few.   worth every penny.

Happy beading

enjoy    Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 1
debby@33 wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 3:37 PM

I've used bead tool 1,2,3,+ 4 now all the time. Its a great program to create patterns. all my patterns are created from this and the price is well worth the dollar spent....D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 12:03 AM

warm welcome to beading daily forum. Thanks for the input. I sorely want a Bead Tool 4 now.Before I just wanted a program to create designs . I love the idea of good customer susport. and easy to use.

Thanks. Gyspy Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
mosshollow1 wrote
on Jun 30, 2012 2:50 AM

Can anyone tell me if either BeadTool 4 or BeadCreatorPro show the direction of the thread?  I'm thinking of the patterns that you see in the magazines showing the basic stitch for, say RAW.  It shows the bead placement and the path that the thread takes.

Thanks, Anne

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS