voting up on wednesday

This post has 48 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
ambers306 wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:02 AM

Good Luck to every entry out there! This is my first year trying out & we will know very soon...I can hardly wait anymore!

-@mber

Not Ranked
Posts 3
grakowsky wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:17 AM

Where is everything going to be posted up? This is my first time entering. I don't see anything up yet but am wondering if maybe the posting date was pushed back since the deadline was extended....

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JenniferJ@43 wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:22 AM

I was a little surprised to see some blogs this morning that already had BeadStar finalist info.  Apparently Lorelei's submissions didn't reach interweave and are floating around in cyberspace.  And Andrew Thornton already has his finalist entries out on his blog to encourage voting. 

If we haven't heard about our own submissoins is that good news or bad news?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
grakowsky wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:24 AM

Good question! I wonder if these people with info on their blogs know about some link we don't or if they were notified via email they were finalists.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Samela wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:40 AM

I don't remember from the past 2 years that they emailed you letting you know that your piece had been chosen for voting, and I had pieces up both years, so I am curious how he knows ahead of time. As of now, I cannot find anything on line. Anybody out there know anything that may be helpful?

Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on May 19, 2010 8:21 AM

This is my first submission, too. I've only been crafting for about a year, so I know I'm up against some tough competition! I want to wish all the entrants good luck!  Let the voting begin! =)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on May 19, 2010 8:51 AM

I am also wondering how Andrew thorton knows his pieces are in the finals??? Nobody I know has heard anything yet. And how does Lorelei know her pieces didn't get there? Maybe she emailed the editor and asked?

My friend emailed the editors before the deadline because she was worried about the sizing of some of her photos and wanted to make sure they were OK. The editor replied back and told her they would be sending out email notifications to everyone who entered this year if your piece was selected as a finalist or not.

Still waiting for emails and/or voting.

When will it be up?!!! Dang it!!!

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 19, 2010 8:54 AM

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better.  I read that and went straight to Andrew's blog as my heart was sinking.  I figured surely I'd have at least ONE thing that would make it, but I guess there's no telling.  I do wonder how he knows if no one else does...

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Samela wrote
on May 19, 2010 8:57 AM

Thanks! Still nothing up to vote on! I guess since I received no email, that means my piece wasn't chosen. I was the 1st place winner in the glass catagory the first year (2008) of this contest, so I was hoping! I am anixous to vote, even if I didn't make it!! Good luck to everybody!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on May 19, 2010 10:00 AM

Samela,

nobody has gotten any notification emails yet, so don't count yourself out. Everybody is still waiting. Except apparently Andrew Thornton.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 12
DarleneJ@4 wrote
on May 19, 2010 10:26 AM
I agree with you on that! Something sounds a bit shady that some peope have insider info!!! Hopefully not, and we will all have a link soon!
DJLuvs2bead
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 19, 2010 10:31 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that Andrew would already his work made it to the finals while no one else has received a notification? Seems strange to me...

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SarahM@97 wrote
on May 19, 2010 11:05 AM

yeah, it seems weird... I've been checking the Bead Star website obsessively today, and the voting isn't posted yet.   Andrew contributes to Stringing a lot - maybe he's just friends with some of the staff, and got an early tip that he was in.  It's not right, but it might be harmless none the less. 

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Suzy@32 wrote
on May 19, 2010 11:37 AM

The finalists are posted, they just haven't put the link on Bead Star yet.  Go to www.beadstar.com, click "see 2009 finalists."  Pick a category (I chose metals) and when it loads, change the address / url to 2010 from 2009.  Then you'll see the finalists.  The links worked from that page to the other 2010 category finalists.

~Suzy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 19, 2010 11:51 AM

Hah-I'll be darned, it works!  You can't vote, but at least you can peek. :)

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 2 of 4 (49 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS