How to help another member

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 4, 2010 12:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

I enjoy this forum and I am still learning my way around it. But I have a question?  I don't even know if this is the proper place to ask this, but Pam and Bill are going throught and extremely hard financial hardship. So I wanted to know since we have alot of people who own there own business in bead work if some of  you would do a fund raiser to help Pam and Bill out a little. I understand the physical problems and other things that they are going throught because my husband and I have gone throught some of the same things that they are going throughtl. So I was wondering if you could sell some of your work and be willing to give them the money so they can put some food on there tables and make there bills for this month or two. It breaks my heart when I see someone suffering like that. I know that there is care and share and you can get help from the utilitiy companies but is there a way that you can help then a little more quickly. I am new to bead work or I would work feverishly to do what I could to help them. They are some of the sweetest people that I have met on this forum so far. Don't get me wrong there are a few others of you out there that I am getting to know and you are so nice in helping me with things that I don't know how to do. One person inparticular is Lois she is helping me to figure out how to bead my daughter's wedding veil. I never thought that I would ever meet someone so nice. Also now that I know who some of you moderators are to I think that your all really nice to. So I am asking you all to please come to Pam and Bill and help them. Why can't we try and be another home makeover in the bead world and help another one of our dear members on this forum. So I am pleading with you please let's make a difference in there lives. If you can't make something maybe you could send them a few dollars. THEY ARE IN URGENT NEED OF OUR HELP!!!!!!!  SO PLEASE EVERYONE JOIN IN AND LET'S SHOW THEM HOW MUCH WE CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Golden Rule    DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 4, 2010 7:58 AM

Hi Cindy...your post is very touching!!!!  It makes me feel great to know that they won my simple and fun bead contest so that they had beads to play with, thanks to Lody's inspiration.  I will purchase a Visa card and send it to them so that they can at least eat...this truly saddens me.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 4, 2010 7:01 PM

Oh Lina you  are an angel in disguise. Like I said last night I have met so many people on here who are so sweet and you are one of them. I just wish that we all lived closer to one another so that we could get together and just have a big bead party. I think that would be so much fun. But thank you so much for helping Pam and Bill. I am going to pray that we find more compassionate people out there who are willing to do that. There was a time when Dennis and I lived in New Jersey and we didn't have enough money for food and to pay our rent and there was a family that we went to church with that had us over for dinner and gave us a check to pay for food and rent. The way I felt was beyond what words can say. It is so hard to receive a gift of love from people when the amount seems so large to the person receiving it than it does to the person giving it.  So from me I am giving you a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE  hug. I may be new to this website but I am going to do what I can to help others on this site as well. Now is the time when there are a lot of people struggling financially. The way that our economy and the oil spill is going we need to gather together and share what we can with one another.  So from the depth of my heart THANK YOU SWEETHEART!!!! YOU ARE AND ANGEL!!!!! I need to tell a few other people that as well. So again thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 5, 2010 8:35 AM

Cindy, and everyone, this makes me cry it's so nice.  Also it's kind of embarrasing....  Lina, thank you.  Just know we're trying very hard to help ourselves.

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 5, 2010 8:37 AM

Hi Cindy,

First: Let me say "Your Post is very Touching". I am sure many will want to do "Something" send Supplies or gift cards, Wal Mart is everywhere.

Second: Pam and Billy are very Private people. (I think, most Southerners are)

Third: If you feel in your heart you "Really want to do something for them" Please contact them off Forum. I am sure they would give you their address, (or get it from one of the "Swap Co-Ordinators.)(or E-Mail me, I will give  you their address(confidentially)

I can only speak from "My own Embrassing Moments," When a Pastor at church (a 100 yrs ago) Annouced to the entire chruch, "Our $$$ Distressing Sisuation. ".  (or lack of $$)

"When going thru hard times, Many times you only have your "Pride" to comfort  you."

just my 2 cents worth.Yes

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 5, 2010 9:57 AM

I have to say Pam I am sorry I didn't mean to make you feel like that. So again please forgive me. Like I told you before my husband and I have been in your situation several times and I know how you feel. So again I am very sorry I was just trying to help in a Godly way. Please forgive me!!!Huh?Crying

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 5, 2010 12:50 PM

Pam, you are most welcome.  Speaking...did you get the beads you won?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 5, 2010 6:50 PM

Lina, we did get the beads, thank you!!! 

Mary, bless your heart, that's very thoughtful of you.

Cindy, it's not a problem....

It would be better though if this kind of thing is off the forums, money helps a lot but really I asked for prayers....  We do appreciate it, but it isn't for here...I am going to keep everybody updated in the Prayer Request forum.

Pam

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS