Benefit donation pieces

This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 8:36 AM

A lot of you who read the prayer requests know that my nephew has hodgkins lymphoma.  Thank you all for your prayers. They have helped.  He was denied a stem cell transplant last month because of new tumors on his brain.  They've since found a new hospital that will biopsy the tumors on monday and find out what they can do.  It's a teaching hospital so we have high hopes.  OK..... so here's my thing,  friends of the family have organized a benefit for him in So. Milwaukee, WI in late June.  What I was wondering is if any of my beadie friends would be willing to donate a piece to the silent auction?  Proceeds from the pieces would go to help pay for the familys medical and travel expenses.  They are having to travel between Chicago and Milwaukee frequently.  If you are interested you can e me thru bd and I can send you the link to the benefit site.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or if anyone would even be interested.  I don't have anything to do with the benefit itself, I just promised my nieces (his wife and daughter) that I would try to get the word out.  I will of course be attending and could follow any of the donation pieces and maybe send pics to the donor?  Thank you for reading this, and for the prayers...  they truly are helping.

Cherie

Dance.  Even if you're the only one who hears the music. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 9:26 AM

Cherie - I will continue to keep him and your entire family as well as the doctors/nurses in my thoughts. My e-mail is on the way! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 10:47 AM

Same here Cherie, prayers and I'll email you.  And thanks for the update...I hope there is something at that new hospital that can help him.

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 11:41 AM

Keeping You and your family  in my prayers. I will E-Mail you off Forum. Every little bit helps, so I am sure you'll get lots of folks to donate some of their Pieces to the Silent Auction. With the price for gas, and the high cost for food away from home, it all adds up so much faster than the income. Then the Expenses at home are still to be paid also.

Thanks, for allowing us to help out.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 868
MysticP wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 12:00 PM

Cherie, I just sent you an offsite email. I'd be happy to send something along, and I wish you all the best!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 7:11 PM

I wanted to say a public thank you.... I'm going back to my e-mail to answer each privately.  But, I was overwhelmed with the responses.  When I came home tonight I hoped that I'd have a couple.  I opened my e-mail and .....honestly... I sat there and cried.  You are the most amazingly kind open-hearted people I have ever known.  And, I'm proud to count you among my friends Big SmileCrying   Ok....... off my soapbox and over to answer e-mails.  Thank you more then you'll ever know.

Cherie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 7:46 PM

Cherie,

Just picked up on this post....sending you mail. Glad to help....All the best hopes and prayers for your nephew.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 8:00 PM

OH! ME TOO ME TOO! I've even got a stash of jewelry pieces made up so it's easy to throw one into an envelope and send it off to you. Ok, gonna go send you an email!

Lois

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 9:14 AM

My nieces and Big John have asked me to thank everyone for the responses.. I'm still just in awe at all of you!Right Hug I think that I've answered everyone with the link and mail info.  But.... if I missed anyone please send me another e-mail.  I haven't had that much in my inbox...... ever.  BD members are something!  Thank you all again! 

Cherie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 9:20 AM

Just sent you an email.

cb

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on May 1, 2010 2:29 PM

Cherie, I just wanted to post what I am donating. It won't be sent till Monday, because I still need to seal it, and Chris needs to solder a wire for me.

A custom made Lily in a beautiful Milky White with delicate AB Jonquil features.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 1, 2010 3:57 PM

I just sent you an email Cherie! I would love to send something for the silent auction.

Sending thoughts and prayers for your nephew and your family.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on May 2, 2010 8:57 AM

Sydney that is beautiful!  I stole the pic Wink and sent it to my niece and she loves it.  She's so tickled that you made it with him in mind.  Lody, thank you.  I sent you an e-mail with the info.  They have set the deadline for receipt as June 1st.  They are talking about putting pics of the pieces up on the website for people to see before the event.  If there is anyone who doesn't want it on the website or wants to be anonymous..... please let me know.  Thank you all again.... so much!!!

Cherie

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS