finally finished!

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Apr 26, 2010 10:04 AM

woohoo! I finished up the last of my entries for beadstar this weekend. Like Jeni, my goal was to enter all 9 categories. I gotta say, I'm glad there aren't any more categories, because coming up with 9 pieces by the deadline was hard! Crystals and hearts were the hardest for me, because I am not a "girly-girl" and I am out of my element there. Metals and stones were the easiest.

My friend Denise Yezbak Moore (who had winning pieces in 3 categories last year) also entered in all 9 categories. I've seen all her entries and they are gorgeous! She will give us all a run for our money this year.

I'm curious--what categories has everyone else entered this year? Which did you think were the easiest and the hardest?

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 26, 2010 10:37 AM

Congrats Erin!  I can't wait to see some other entries.  I've seen one other person's entries but they aren't entering all the categories I don't think.  I had one project that was really tough to pigeonhole into a particular category.  It's almost equal parts metal & glass so I was in a quandary for where to put it.  I finally decided to enter it in the under $25 category, but even that was tough.  I know I paid under $25 for the materials but when I went to source similar items (impossible to replicate the same ones I used) it was tougher than I thought to get the price tag to match. 

The other tough one was the seed beads category.  Making something "simple" out of seed beads is weird when I'm used to weaving them!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Apr 27, 2010 12:39 PM

Hey y'all--remember the Under $25 category will require a receipt if your piece is chosen as a finalist.

Good luck!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Apr 27, 2010 1:37 PM

I'm doing 2 entries, possibly 3. Plastics is done for me, I have one for pearls, and the third (if I get pics done) will be stones.

My stones entry didn't come out the way I expected so I took it apart Monday. Actually that would be the 2nd time I took it apart. So I'm still on the fence about submitting that one.

I have to get pics done still and edited and this is a bad week with a slew of tax forms that have to be post marked by Friday the 30th as well.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Apr 27, 2010 2:47 PM

way to go, Cat!

Now that I'm finally finished, I've gotten all worked up about the whole thing. I have to remember to breathe through my nose for the next 3 weeks until they announce the finalists.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Apr 27, 2010 3:17 PM

Thanks Erin!

I was thinking I was going to get more done but so many other projects plus just being busy with the kids prevented so much from getting done.

Next year I'm going to start earlier so I can *hopefully* get all 9 done!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS