Is Cagework Eligible?

This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Apr 8, 2010 2:46 AM

I make what is generally considered "cagework" jewelry (like Miriam Haskell). From reading the contest rules, I cannot tell if my work is eligible. If anyone can answer, please do so as soon as you can--if cagework is eligible, I have to put finishing touches on a couple of pieces in time to enter!   Thanks and Happy Beading to All!

CreatiVeronica

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 8, 2010 3:01 AM

Hi Veronica, welcome!  I don't have a specific answer to your question but I wanted to say I edited your post to remove your email addy.  Anyone can email you by clicking your name and going to your bio page.  You don't want to post your email in a public forum.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Apr 8, 2010 3:16 AM

Hi JSmaz, and thanks!  I'm kinda new to using forums, and I didn't think about that!Embarrassed  It was nice of you to take the time to help me out--I feel more welcome already!

CreatiVeronica

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 8, 2010 3:18 AM

No problem, that's what we do here. :)  I'm intrigued to see what your jewelry looks like-I love Miriam Haskell's work.  If you have some pics you should post something in the Reader's Showcase.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Apr 8, 2010 3:24 AM

Hi again--I would love to post, I can't wait until I get my tripod for my camera!  When I do, I think I will post a few pics.  P.S.  I'm lovin' this site!

CreatiVeronica

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Apr 8, 2010 6:28 PM

Hi Veronica,

I'm not sure what "cagework" is--I went to Miriam haskells website, but didn't get a clear idea from her pieces what it involved. My only advice is to read through the rules again--they state what techniques are eligible. Simple stringing and simple wire work, which includes wrapped loops, connections with jump rings (but no chain maille) and simple wire shapes likes spirals. Basically, it has to be pretty simple construction methods--no metal fabrication and no bead weaving.

If cagework involves a needle and thread, or soldering, etc., then its not allowed.

I know its hard to figure out some of the gray areas--Look through last years finalists, and you might get a better idea.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS