HELP!

This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 9:17 AM

Sara and Thomas, have you edited your posts to remove the links to your store yet?

Pam

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
SoftFlexGuy wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 10:41 AM

All links have been pulled.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
SoftFlexGuy wrote
on Mar 30, 2010 11:54 AM

You're welcome, Pam.

Have a great day.

Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mr Flex wrote
on Mar 31, 2010 3:35 PM

Robin,

Did you ever think a simple question would turn into such a firestorm? I am Mike Sherman the owner of Soft Flex Company and please email me anytime, I will be happy to offer my opinion on all the other products because those are the reasons I created Soft Flex Wire.

Sorry you got caught up in all of this!

Mike Sherman / Owner

Mike@SoftFlexCompany.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Apr 3, 2010 12:05 PM

I am just now reading through this thread, and I have a very different opinion.

I think you are all being way too hard on soft flex guy. Yes, he works for soft flex. Someone asked a question about what type of wire to buy. He responded with information about what beading wire thickness to use for what products. He did not say anything like "buy softflex" or "softflex is the best quality" or anything like like that. Now of course, his avator is a picture of softflex and he has a link to their site, but I do not think this is any kind of blatant advertising violation. I think he was responding to a question.

I think many of you are developing a mob mentality, here. I am expecting pitchforks and torches any moment now.

I am embarrassed by your rudeness.

I personally, do not really have a favorite beading wire--I've used all three brands, so I am not sticking up for any one product.

Personal note to the Softflex people--please know that not all of the forum readers share the opinions expressed in this thread.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,323
DebWAZ wrote
on Apr 3, 2010 5:51 PM

Erin,

The original post has been edited to remove the offending link, so it NOW looks innocent and free of advertising.

It wasn't *just* soft flex guy. It was THREE persons from SoftFlex - including the company's owner that got involved in the thread.

I don't know - getting three people from the same company involved seems like a mob to me! Considering the topic, it was not an innocent sharing of opinion - the company has a vested interest in the sales of their flex wire, which was proved by the link in the original (now edited) post.

So - would you be okay with FMG guy, FMG gal, Mr. FMG, Mrs. FMG, or Beadalon guy, Beadalon gal, Mr. Beadalon, Mrs. Beadalon, ad infinitum?  Any user name with the company's name associated IS advertising, if only on a subliminal level. I tip my hat to Russ Nobbs - he "gets it" when it comes to not advertising and actually PARTICIPATING with good information, rather than trolling for posts he can turn into a sales opportunity. He *could* be Mr. RingsNThings (isn't he, anyway? <LOL>) but I respect him far more for taking the high road.

My preference would be for company owners, (& officers, partners, employees or associates) who are already advertisers with BD and Interweave, to have a "real" name (it doesn't have to be their actual name) as their user name, rather than the company's name. Everyone is allowed to have the company name, etc. in their signature, so nothing would materially change. It would just be less blatant (subliminal) advertising.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents about the whole firestorm.

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
SoftFlexGirl wrote
on Apr 3, 2010 6:48 PM

Hi Erin,

Thank you for the thoughtful response.  I got a few emails saying similar things.  We've put it behind us and look forward to enjoying the Beading Daily forum in the future.  No worries.  

Sara Hardin 

SoftFlexGirl Blog

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS