Miyuki Peanut Seed Beads

This post has 42 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Mar 16, 2010 2:01 PM

I just ordered a lot (and I mean a LOT) of Miyuki peanut seed beads from one of my favorite online bead vendors. I just fell in love with their shape and luster. Now I need some ideas as to how to use them. Anyone have any suggestions? If I design something really cool with them, can I get an article published on Beading Daily?

:)

TotallyInAwe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,248
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 2:14 PM

Totally,

First I want to welcome you to the group. I am glad our family is growing. I take it you do some sort of bead weaving. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I would love to see these Miyuki peanut seed beads. I am not sure I know what they are. Are they new?  Could you provide us with a link to go and take a peek at them. We may want to order some of these ourselves.

Thanks.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 2:49 PM

I have seen those and wonedered what to do with them myself. I suppose that if you did peyote it would stick up in certain places to make it look neat. Like doing everyother one would be raised. Just a thought.

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 3:11 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have never seen Peanut Seed Beads, can you post a picture so that we can see????  As for an ad on BD, I guess you would have to talk to Leslie Rogalski but I do have a webpage that I just started and I would love for you to share your work and maybe become next month's featured artist.  Make something with those Peanut Seed Beads. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 3:16 PM

I assume we are allowed  to link, so here is a picture of a peanut seed bead. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__m1KlnfxTcM/SxRRnVl71-I/AAAAAAAAA-o/LZNrODnZBqg/s320/IMG_7973.JPG

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 3:20 PM

Ooohhh, Ruth...those are neat looking.  I would use that in a kumi bracelet in a minute!!!!!  It would look spectacular!!!!.   LOL, Ruth, yeah, we are allowed to link...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 3:30 PM

First Welcome to Beading Daily Forum. The "Peanut Seed Beads" are darling.

I wonder if you could send me an E-Mail as to where you purchase them?

note: just click on my avatar, and it will take you to my bio page, there is a link there to send EMail to any Member.

I plan to try some of these with Kumi,Thanks,

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Mar 16, 2010 3:57 PM

Fusion has them under seed bead shapes. I checked artbeads and FMG, but didn't see them. As far as I know they are fairly new. The first I saw them was a few months ago. I have yet to try them, but they do look neat. I think the magatama ones would be nice looking in a piece replacing the normal drop beads too.

If someone sees a pattern using these let me know!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 2:25 AM

So that's what those are!  There were some in one of the challenge swap packages but I had no idea they were from Miyuki.  I've never seen them for sale or used more than the few from the swap, but I could see them looking interesting in a stitched design.  Could give the look of cubic RAW without actually doing it, you know?

I'm sure you could submit designs to Interweave, but you'd want to find out the submission guidelines.

ETA:  I did a little searching, and these are made both by Jablonex (Czech) and Miyuki/Matsuno (Japanese).  They are also called "farfalle" (butterfly) beads, and they come in a couple of sizes.  Hope that helps.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 10:48 AM

Okay now those are NIFTY!!!!  I would LOVE to see how those look in a woven piece!  Now I am thinking I might have to get my hands on some too!!!!

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 6:26 PM

I made two pieces with them so far and I like how they line up on beading wire. They make a nice, bold necklace strand. Great beads!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Mar 17, 2010 11:32 PM

I've purchased something similar to these, but they were called farfalle beads. I only bought a few colors at the last show I went to, but haven't decided what to do with them either !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Mar 18, 2010 1:06 AM

Hi Sue:

I was so happy to see that there are a lot of interested beaders out there!  I ordered my peanut beads from Fusion Beads (www.fusionbeads.com). They have lots of color and finish choices, and they are not very expensive. I am going to try some beadweaving with them and see what turns up. I'll post a photo or two when I've experimented with the texture of these little nuggets.

Thanks, Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Mar 18, 2010 1:08 AM

Wow, I'd love to!  I seem to be in the middle of a real creative burst lately and I'm designing like crazy. I'll keep you posted!  Thanks, Lisa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,248
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 18, 2010 7:34 AM

Lisa,

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to see what you come up with your peanuts. I love looking at people are able to design. Seeing other peoples designs is so inspiriting. I also get inspiration from nature and sometimes from my dreams.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS