GUIDELINES 2010

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 19, 2010 1:08 AM

Community Guidelines––"The Rules”

Personal Conduct and Posting Etiquette – “Don’t be a jerk”

1. Debating, discussion, and even passionate disagreement is fine, but we cannot tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted.
   2. Profanity, racism, or other offensive discussions will not be tolerated. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted. We have the final say as to what does and does not violate community standards.
   3. We encourage you to upload your own custom avatar to help showcase your own personality. But do not upload an animated avatar, an avatar that contains nudity, or is otherwise offensive. Avatars that may be confused with staff or moderator avatars are also not allowed.
   4. Be tolerant of “newbie” type questions and continue to help out beginners. We all were new at something at one time or another and we want to encourage more people to get involved. Beginners–there are no stupid questions! Ask away!
   5. Post your messages and images in the appropriate topic area. Moderators may move your content if they feel it’s better suited to another area.
   6. Do not post your message and images in multiple forums or galleries. Duplicate posts may be deleted.
   7. Critiques and comments are welcome in many places on the site, but please refrain from critiquing someone's work who has not specifically requested that kind of feedback.  Some members feel uncomfortable with criticism.  If you are looking for critique, make sure you ask for it clearly so that other members will know how to help.

Copyright – “Don’t upload stuff you don’t own”

1. Discussion of any gallery or shared work – whether yours or someone else’s – is encouraged!
   2. Feel free to upload images of your work or link to images of your work on other sites both in the forums and in the galleries.
   3. Feel free to link off to someone else’s creations on another web site as long as the image on the other site is there legally and with the permission of the artist.
   4. If we discover that an image has been uploaded without the permission of the artist, we will need to remove it.

Advertising and Solicitation – “Advertise where you’re supposed to”

1. Members may advertise their tools, beads and supplies for trade or sale in the Bead Barter forum. Please, members only.

NEW--about selling and buying in our forums:
Members should inquire in the Bead Barter Forum for items they seek. Please encourage seekers to post only there.
Members may respond to these inquiries about their tools, beads and supplies for trade or sale in the Bead Barter forum.

Members may respond ONLY to SPECIFIC inquiries if they have items sought, but business must be conducted from then on outside the Forums. Example: Member post: Where can I find spool knitters? LBS member: I have them, contact me for details. END of transaction in Forums. No prices or other commerce information is allowed.  Members are allowed web links in their signatures. (See # 3)

2. Promoters, retailers, manufacturers, etc. may not advertisement in the blogs, forums, galleries, or public groups. Posts of this kind will be deleted.
3. You may include your group, association, or company name and a link to your web site in your personal signature block.
   4. Use of the private messaging system for advertising of any kind is prohibited.
   5. We encourage these companies to contact us about advertising opportunities.

Children – “Sorry, no kids under 13 allowed”

1. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) which applies to children under the age of 13.
   2. Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not solicit nor desire to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals. If we become aware that a person under the age of 13 is attempting or has submitted information via this site, we will notify the person and remove any personally identifiable information.

Miscellaneous – “Stuff that just has to be said”

1. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multiple accounts undermine trust that there are real, honest people behind each account. Moderators may remove accounts that are found to be duplicates.
   2. The decision to edit, move, or delete a post, or to ban a user, is at our sole discretion without prior notification or explanation to the member.
   3. Members who willfully or repeatedly violate the forum rules may be banned from the site. This is something we only want to do as a last resort.
   4. While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not abused and stay a positive, fun, and safe place for everyone.
   5. If you see someone abusing the site, please click the Report Abuse link located in the bottom-right of any post. This sends a message to a private forum for our moderators to review. The moderators may not be able to respond to you personally and you may not see immediate action, but please know that your message has been received and taken into consideration.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 2:24 PM

I have a suggestion/request of Beading Daily:

I ask that Jen and the BD administraters look into locating the Community Guidelines prominately in one area where they can be eaily found

and refered to and not get lost in the shuffle of newer posts.

I think this would ease the load on our moderators and help all our members keep these forums a fun and welcoming beading community.

I chose to post this at the bottom of these Guidelines as I believe these are the newest ones we have. And that this post would bring them to the top of this forum where they can be easily seen and read. I hope that we will be able to keep them here until Beading Daily can find a better way of prominately displaying them for all to read.

So, if you see someone post something unrelated to these guidelines in this forum I ask that, for now, you give the Guidelines a boost back up to the top.

This is not intended to offend anyone in any way but just to make our beading community better.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 634
shanks wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 7:17 PM

Great Idea, thank you for suggesting it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 23, 2013 11:33 AM

Just bumping up Guidelines back to top of this forum.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,974
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 31, 2013 12:47 PM

SEllen 2:
SEllen 2 wrote the following post at 23 Dec 2013 12:33 PM:

Just bumping up Guidelines back to top of this forum.

And Again.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 26
on May 5, 2014 1:10 PM

Thanks for the guidelines Leslie.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS