Looking for some Natural Beads - UPDATED With Photos PIC HEAVY

This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Feb 16, 2010 7:21 PM

I was looking thru my mess -- Actually, I was cleaning up my work area and organized all my beads, and noticed, I'm running really low on Wood beads, Bone beads, Horn beads, Shell beads.. All the naturals..

I don't know what happened to them! Anywho, I'm looking to replenish my stock, and would rather trade than go out and buy some..

I have tons of stuff, mostly odds and ends, but if you post what you might be looking for I can go check to see if I have any!

I'm new to this, I thought I'd jump right in rather than dip a toe.

These are the things I have to trade:

All of these destashes are glass/lampwork/silver findings.. I am not trading what is crossed out in the tray of findings, haha I just was too lazy to take them out.  But the rest in those trays are silver tone.. the flash just made them look weird.  You should be able to to click on the picture and it'll bring up the full size photo.  The thee pictures of the cases of colored beads are all fire cut glass, with a few amethyst, rose quartz, and mother of pearl beads.  Oh, and some agates, I believe, but not any I use often.

I am looking for wood, bone, horn, nuts, seeds -- anything natural or "organic" (not the over-priced food).  I am also always looking for moss agate and ocean jasper.

If you have a question about any of the things posted, just post.  If you want to trade, drop me an email (:

All the little group beads are from my youngest sister, she claimed to have been only a "Collector" not a beader what-so-ever.

Lately, my hands and wrists have been giving me problems.  I went in for a massage a couple weeks ago, and my lady found some really intense knots in my neck/shoulder/back.  She worked most until they were at least rolling, but I've been pretty sore ever since.  Another reason to avoid car wrecks.

So I'm taking a little break from any intense beading.  I might do a few simple strung necklaces/bracelets.. but no lilies or anything else for at least a week.

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,315
on Feb 16, 2010 10:31 PM

I have 4 or 5 bone beads (30mm tubes)

A small 2x2 baggie of cherry colored large hole 6mm wood beads

A small 2x2 baggie of medium brown 3-4mm wood beads

I can ask for my Boyfriend to take pictures tomorrow if this sounds like what you are looking for :)

let me know

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Feb 16, 2010 11:28 PM

maybe the 30 mm tubes..

I have alot of basic wooden beads from my little sister.. I just remember having more different kinds of wood and bone.

OH! and I'm also desperately seeking nuts or seeds.. I really don't want to buy these, but I really would love to get some Kukui nuts or some of the sort.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on May 16, 2010 4:50 PM

still looking?  I know that I have some dyed wooden beads, and some seed necklaces somewhere

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on May 16, 2010 4:51 PM

I'm always looking.. Just drop me a message if you do find any!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 17, 2010 9:14 AM

Sydney...I have some wood beads that I bought by mistake because of the color and then realized they were wood and really don't know what to do with them.  I will post a picture to see if you want them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 17, 2010 10:01 AM

Sydney I have several strands of wood beads, some carved, some with designs in them (but not painted) and I also have shells. I have some bone as well but those are normal round with different colors on them.

I can take pics if you would like to see any of them.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on May 18, 2010 9:22 PM

Lina and Cat, if you want to post some pics, that'd be great!  I just posted most of my destash, if there is anything you can think of not posted I can check if I have them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 21, 2010 2:40 PM

Sydney

I have some bone donuts that I can't use. If you would be interested I'll try to grab a pic for you.(It's cloudy & rainy here today or I would have put it up now)

Let me know.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on May 21, 2010 3:44 PM

Sydney I have some shell beads, some agate rounds and MIGHT be able to part with a few of my seed beads....er...beads that are seeds not "seed beads".  I have some grass seed beads that a friend of mine brought back from Uganda and a few wooden hand carved beads she brought back from peru.  I actually don't have a camera right now but if your interested I can borrow one.

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,904
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 29, 2010 12:12 PM

Sydney

Here is the pic of the bone donuts.    They are 21mm. I put he nickle in so you could get a better feel for the size. They are just a hair smaller than the nickle.  Sorry in advance but I can't take good pics.Tongue Tied

If you're interrested in them let me know.

btw hope your wrists are feeling better.

Have a great weekend.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS