Variety of cool beads

This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
love_beads wrote
on Feb 15, 2010 8:11 AM

Hi. I have a surplus of beads that i do not need anymore. if anyone could use these let me know. i would offer them at a reduced price of course. 

• czech faceted crystal in three colors 

• glass puff coins 

• file-polished faceted czech crystal saucers. has an aurora borealis look

quantities as shown

• gold-fill headpins with faceted swarovski crystal heads (peridot color)

• millefiori glass beads 

• glass beads with gold foil

hole sizes for above: 

czech faceted crystal 1.65mm 
puff coins 2-2.5mm (they're lampwork so the holes vary slightly bead to bead) 
czech fire-polish .85mm 
millefiore, large and small 1mm 
green glass with gold foil 1.65mm 

• multi-colored glass rondelles, they are foiled on the inside which gives the colors an extra sparkle; bead size varies about 12-14mm, hole sizes vary

Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 16, 2010 10:59 PM

Are these "For Sale"? or Barter?

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 7
love_beads wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 7:47 AM

Hi Mary. These are for sale.

Thanks for looking!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 9:10 AM

Hi Love Beads and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to say, but we are not allowed to sell on this site.  You can barter them in the barter section for other beads but you cannot sell them as it is part of the guidelines.  I'm sorry.Sad

Not Ranked
Posts 7
love_beads wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 10:01 AM

Hi. I have read the Barter Guidelines before posting and they do explicitly say that you can sell and barter beads. 

Here is the excerpts for reference:

"The Bead Barter is for selling or bartering items that you no longer need and would like to get rid of"

"You may sell/seek/trade the following items between individual Artists: Used/new beads, tools, books or supplies that are no longer needed."

Thanks! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 10:10 AM

My apologies, Love Beads...this must have just been implemented because as of a few days ago, we were not allowed but in that case...I will send you and email of interest.Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 456
lostaloha wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 10:50 AM

love_beads:

"The Bead Barter is for selling or bartering items that you no longer need and would like to get rid of"

"You may sell/seek/trade the following items between individual Artists: Used/new beads, tools, books or supplies that are no longer needed."

You know, Lina and Love, I read that too, and remember specifically thinking "I thought we're not supposed to sell on this site..." 

From the Oregon Coast to Tacoma.

etsy :: blog :: flickr

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 11:22 AM

My understanding is that we can sell but this can't become a regular thing or they will have to do something about it.  If you are just selling something once in a blue moon to de-stash I believe that they are fine with it.

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 17, 2010 11:50 AM

Apparently, as of this past Monday, that rule was changed however, I wasn't told anything about it...on well...sell on I suppose.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 18, 2010 10:14 AM

Oh, sorry, you are actively advertising another commercial site which is not allowed. Clearly you are touting a site with auctions from others which involve commerce.

I wish you luck, but must remove any further posts like this for advertising your business. You can keep your URL signature in posts, like the rest of us, but no blatant commerce of this nature.

BETTER STILL--We trade and swap beads among ourselves right here, among friends and fellow members. if you see someone asking for something you can swap then please reply to that specific post. But no more posts like this. OKay? Thanks!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 18, 2010 10:25 AM

Yeah, hmmm. This is a fine line here, with the selling but from a member, and what about LBS selling...

Stay tuned for confirmation of rules.

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 7
love_beads wrote
on Feb 19, 2010 10:44 AM

The beads shown above are still available if anyone is interested. Thank you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 19, 2010 1:14 PM

Love_Beads, out of 5 post from you 4 are to sell your beads.

Check out Leslie's post there is a Directory that is free to post your "For Sale" items,

The Guidelines 2010 is also a must read! for all of us.=)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 7
love_beads wrote
on Feb 19, 2010 2:09 PM

"Love_Beads, out of 5 post from you 4 are to sell your beads."

•• I created one thread about my extra beads

"Check out Leslie's post there is a Directory that is free to post your "For Sale" items,"

•• I read the guidelines before I posted and they were very explicit that this section is for buying, selling, and bartering. see my earlier post to such

"The Guidelines 2010 is also a must read! for all of us.=)"

•• see my earlier post as such

I also receive are warm automated email by someone, but i am not sure how that works technically since I am not completely familiar will all the functionality of this forum. But to address each point see below:

Love_Beads, out of 5 post from you 4 are to sell your beads.

•• just to reiterate, I created one thread about my extra beads. in no way do I think this is out of line. 

Why would anyone on this site want to buy from an "UNKNOWN  Person"((??))

•• that is a question you have to ask yourself, that's a decision you have to make.

There are a number of People who are here, Posting and Caring about each other.  We susport each other with de-stashing. NOT SELLING from a persons whose only interest seems to me,"To Make money".

•• i think that is a great model for an online  community and i hope that continues 

•• by the nature of selling goods, there is a profit that goes along with that, whether I sell something or you sell something. there is nothing wrong with receiving money in exchange for goods. we are multi-dimensional people, to characterize someone by stating "they are only interested in making money", because they have extra beads for sale is demeaning.

Unless you are giving the beads away, you can't beat "Wholesale" or Group Orders, or E-bay, Tucson Beadshow, etc.

•• i am not sure the point of this comment. if you are interested in the beads photographed reply, if you are not interested then don't reply

It is most annoying, and insulting for you to keep on Selling!

•• i created one thread for my beads in the appropriate section per the guidelines. if it annoys or insults you please pass this thread.  

YOU should come with a WARNING Label , Buyer Beware!

•• it's easy to pass judgement, say harsh things, and criticize someone on the other end of a computer. it's not warranted or a great example of the people on this forum. I will NOT however assume everyone is this way and give the benefit of the doubt.

You don't seem very kind or welcoming as a seasoned member, i am assuming, of this site, which is unfortunate. You hope that adults would be more inclusive and a bit more compassionate of others....to me that is a great example to uphold in life.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Mar 28, 2010 10:51 AM

Seems to me love_beads that there's no need for you to get so nasty about it either. The BD Editor herself has asked you to stop posting items for sale. Most normal people would just say, "OK, gee sorry, I must've misunderstood the guidelines as posted" without passing scathing judgment on any of the long-term members of this forum.

IF you have been here long enough and have read some of the other discussions, you would know full well that this is a very close-knit community. We are also a very open and welcoming, warm and accepting group of people. To many of us, these are some of the dearest folks we know, great friends who would do almost anything for any of the others here. You'd see that by and large, we all live lives FULL of empathy and compassion for not only our BD friends but for many other charities, both on a local and on an international level (i.e., Haiti earthquake, Australian wildfires, breast cancer, local schools and churches, etc.). You also would see that most, if not all here, are in some way spiritual and lead our lives in that certain way of respect and love for our human brothers and sisters.

You've been asked to cease and desist. So do so. And if you don't like the guidelines, then you are free to move on to other sites which would allow you to SELL your items instead of barter them.

I apologize to my BD friends, but you all know what a tiger I can be when I perceive that someone has "attacked" someone I care about.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS