Selling on Beading Daily update!

This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 12, 2010 8:51 AM

Advertising and Solicitation – “Advertise where you’re supposed to”

1. Members may advertise their tools, beads and supplies for trade or sale in the Bead Barter forum. Please, members only.

NEW--about selling and buying in our forums:
Members should inquire in the Bead Barter Forum for items they seek. Please encourage seekers to post only there.
Members may respond to these inquiries about their tools, beads and supplies for trade or sale in the Bead Barter forum.

Members may respond ONLY to SPECIFIC inquiries if they have items sought, but business must be conducted from then on outside the Forums.

Example: Member post: Where can I find spool knitters? LBS member: I have them, contact me for details. END of transaction in Forums. No prices or other commerce information is allowed.  Members are allowed web links in their signatures. (See Guidelines # 3)

Hope this helps clarify the selling confusion. if someone asks, answer, but do not post sales etc. When a member sees this, gently remind those people to review our guidelines. If abuse continues, let us know.

Thanks everyone!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Feb 12, 2010 8:55 AM

Leslie, THANK YOU for the much-needed update on the "rules".  I am not a "seller" or lbs or anything - but I REALLY appriciate that you posted clarification so there is not so much...well...confusion about it!  =)

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Feb 13, 2010 5:01 AM

So, for clarification, this is beads, supplies,  and tools only. This is NOT for completed pieces.

Just wanting to make sure.

Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,323
DebWAZ wrote
on Feb 13, 2010 3:02 PM

Only in the Bead Barter? Is the "Where can I find" topic in General Discussion going to disappear? To me, "barter", means a trade or exchange - not a sale. Something where someone is looking for a single, left handed purple and green widget to finish a project, rather than a gross of them from the LBS.

"Where can I find?"... seems to be a more logical place to have questions when someone is looking for a tool, etc. Of cource, when it comes to "logic" and myself - we're not exactly close friends! <LOL>

Thanks for clarifying!

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 14, 2010 10:01 PM

Yes, Sheila, that's it. Well said!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 15, 2010 1:32 AM

I'm not Leslie of course, but I would think the "where can I find" section is just a general scouting out of supply places, whereas the "barter" area would be someone specifically saying "I need a purple & green widget and I'm willing to trade red & blue doo-dads for it" or something similar. 

I think if you see a post in either area you could always just email them off board and let them know you have it if they want it, no pressure, yadda yadda.  I would think this could go for either personal trades or an LBS.

That's just my take, but Leslie please clarify if I'm wrong.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Feb 15, 2010 8:34 AM

To me, "Where can I find" is when someone is looking for it and the "Bead Barter" section is when someone is wanting to trade for it. At least that is my interpretation. And that could be horribly wrong. I agree that if someone is looking for it in either section, a quite off private e-mail is in order.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Feb 15, 2010 1:23 PM

That about says it, Jeni. Barter is a trading post. if an LBs or someone has an item for sale, not something to trade, then ask for an offline contact. Any commerce happening offline is up to you--you;re all doing fine. We simply can't have random advertising postings.

:-)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
layla474 wrote
on Oct 15, 2011 9:24 PM

Thank you for the Clarifications Admin Leslie...

All i need to do is just to share thought's in many treads... without selling product directly on the post..

thanks again Admin..

I Love Creating Jewelry Charm Beads and post it on my Online Store...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS