Breast Cancer peyote pattern

This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Feb 4, 2010 9:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I am a hobby beader, and have had a friend request a breast cancer bracelet. In the past, I have seen lovely flat peyote ones, but can't seem to find any now. If anyone has a pattern, or a link, I would really appreciate it.  Also any suggestions about how to create a pattern, so I don't run into this problem in the future! :)

Thanks so much, Shirley

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 6:49 AM

Shirley,

First off Welcome to the family here at BD.

This isn't a bracelet pattern, but it can easily be made into adapted into one. Go to this site and then on their tool bar click on 'FREE' . You will find a pink heart and ribbon on page 2. It is a 1.5" square so it is just the right size to adapt to a bracelet.

Hope this will help you out. If you go through the site you may find more or something more suitable for what you want. There is also a ribbon on page 3 of the free section that could be adapted to be a pink ribbon.

Oops forgot to put the link in LOL    bead-patterns.com

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 8:09 AM

Here are two different ones, though they are not free.

http://www.freewebs.com/mistressjewelry/awarenesspatterns.htm

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 8:19 AM

Thanks Cat, I did see those last night while I was searching.  I couldn't figure out the silver lobster clasp lying on top of it. After looking at it, I decided I didn't want the gold vees between the patterns, and since I haven't followed a pattern before, I wasn't sure how hard it would be to omit them.  

Thanks again! Big Smile

Shirley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 8:22 AM

Hey Sue, 

I did see those last night while searching. Didn't really think about adapting it, since I have not made a peyote by pattern before.  However, thanks for the tip about looking under the free tab....I've been on for an hour this morning checking out all the lovelies there!!  Now I have even more projects to add to my plate. Yes

Shirley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 8:27 AM

Here is a link to some graph paper right on this site if you want to try to make your own design.

http://www.beadingdaily.com/media/ui/tips/brickstitchpeyote.pdf

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Feb 5, 2010 8:44 AM

Shirley, welcome to the BD family.  We all hope to get to know you better and chat with you more, maybe even see some of your work over in the Beaders' Showcase section.  Thank you for asking this question, very timely!  I just found out that my best friend's Mom has breast cancer that may have spread to her lymph nodes.  Surgery in a couple weeks, so needless to say, we're all praying our little hearts out for her.  Making my friend, her Mom and her sister will be a great way to show my love and support to them.

Sue and Cathi, thank you for the links.  Definitely got my creative juices flowing to create my OWN design so as not to infringe on anyone's copyright, free or otherwise.

Dawn   Paradise

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 10:06 AM

Hey Cat,  I have seen several sites with graph paper. My problem is, I have no idea how to draw a picture on it. sounds dumb, huh?  So far, I have learned basic techniques, and followed some patterns. I would probably consider myself an advanced beginner, or maybe intermediate.  I am realizing the wonderful potential if I knew how to make a pattern, so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Shirley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 10:13 AM

Thanks Dawn!  I have been a member for a while, just haven't posted much. It's wonderful how, the more you learn about beading, the more questions that pop up! I am totally enjoying my journey in the world of beads.  I definitely would classify my self as part of the beadweaving world, vs. wireworking, or stringing or chain maille.  Not that those aren't wonderful. Only so many hours in the day!!! 

I will get some pics into the showcase, thanks for suggesting.

Blessings,

Shirley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 1:04 PM

I just block off a piece of the graph paper that is the size I want, in your case bracelet size.  Then I color in the squares with colored pencils until I have the design I want.  There are probably better ways, but that's the way I do it.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 1:39 PM

Sounds right, to me Cat...except I do it in pencil first so that I can erase if I make a mistake and then I color in with the colors I am using.  I am thiinking about making a bracelet from a scarf pattern I saw in a magazine and what I alread did was that I photocopy my scarf and then I photocopy the peyote graph onto tracing paper and I took my photocopy of the scarf and put it under the graphed tracing paper so that I can trace over the design.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MarciaJ@9 wrote
on Jun 22, 2010 1:44 PM

Here's a flat peyote free pattern of a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon that could easily be placed in a bracelet.

http://beadwork.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=beadwork&cdn=hobbies&tm=5&gps=106_170_934_435&f=11&tt=14&bt=0&bts=0&st=31&zu=http%3A//www.blackgiraffe.com/free.htm

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Jun 22, 2010 3:13 PM

Thanks Marcia,

It is a very pretty pattern.  I tried to copy it to graph paper, but no luck. When I clicked on the link, it just brought up a pic of the pattern, no bead count or anything.  Sad

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS