MAGIC BANGLE - correction of stitch needed

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Marilyn@138 wrote
on Feb 4, 2010 6:45 PM

I just received an email from a new beader asking me about this tutorial.  It states that it is done in Circular Peyote and even shows a Circular Peyote graph at the end as a guide.  This is obviously done in TUBULAR PEYOTE.  Can anyone help on this problem? Thank you, marilyn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Feb 4, 2010 6:58 PM

Where is the tutorial?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 2:51 AM

Is it Bangle Magic by Jeanette Shanigan?  That's a combination of peyote & netting.  It originally was in the Aug/Sept 07 Beadwork issue and it's for sale in the Interweave store.  If someone needs help I can find my copy and give it a try.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
pammm62 wrote
on Sep 7, 2011 2:20 PM

I just downloaded that file and have the same question as to whether or not Jeanette Shanigan meant tubular peyote. There is a picture of Circular Peyote at the end of the instructions. I'd like to make the bracelet, but I am confused.

Don't know if you can still answer this old question.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 105
OriginalSin wrote
on Nov 2, 2011 1:12 PM

Hi Pam,

I have this pattern and have taken a look at it so I can give you a hand. The base rings ARE tubular peyote and very straightforward. Disregard the diagram and circular peyote instructions if you know how to do tubular peyote. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Hope that helps!

Andréa

EDited to add: DUH!!! Old post! I suppose the info will remain for the next confused beader Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AprilBird4 wrote
on Aug 2, 2013 2:42 PM

I know this is an old post, but I downloaded this project a while ago and just stumbled acrossed it agiain and have a question... 

I've read the directions, they make sense to me and I can picture it all, but.....  The 'picture' of the bracelet looks like it is a 'tube', not like it is 'flat'.  The directions seem to just sort of have the first ring of peyote at the 'bottom', the 2nd ring 'on top' and then you do the basket netting to conntect the two.  In my mind that should look flat and go 'peyote, netting, peyote' when you look at it.  Like 'figure 5'

Will the peyote rings just roll or curve around to the back? It seems like maybe you should sort of fold it and do the basket netting to connect the other two side of the peyote rings or zip them up, but it never says anything about that.  It's one reason I've never started the project.  I can't figure out how it is going to come out looking like the 'tube' it appears to be in the picture.

Any input or especailly some who has made this if you can provide some insight, that would be great!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS