Where can I find Bump in the Road pattern

This post has 30 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Jan 21, 2010 12:54 PM

I made a bracelet using 1.5mm cubes and Delicas, I thought it was a really unique idea, then I saw the pattern on a website.  It was either called bump in the road or bumps,   Because I had already made it I didn't print off the pattern instructions.  Now a few members of my beading group want the instructions, but I can't remember where I found it.  Does anyone know where this pattern can be found

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 1:03 PM
SALE Bumps in the Road Bracelet
Is this the bracelet that you are looking for instructions on?
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Jan 22, 2010 10:33 AM

Yes that's it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 22, 2010 10:36 AM

I have it at home.  I am going to shoot you an email and if you reply back, I will send you this instructions later on this afternoon.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on Jan 22, 2010 10:39 AM

Linda

thanks a lot. 

Not Ranked
Posts 16
LauraH@70 wrote
on May 19, 2010 12:26 PM

yes this what i'm looking for. where can i find a pattern? thank you.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 19, 2010 12:42 PM

Hi Laura, I edited your post to remove your email...you don't want the world having it...lol.  Anyone can email you by just going to your bio.  Welcome to the forums.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 19, 2010 10:37 PM

The designer for this piece is Beverly Helman... She also got an etsy store for her patterns.

http://noeasybeads.blogspot.com/2006/08/bumps-in-road-bracelet.html

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Debbie7676 wrote
on May 20, 2010 2:51 PM

Do you still have this pattern and if so could you please email it to me?

tia, debbie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on May 20, 2010 3:04 PM

Lody:

The designer for this piece is Beverly Helman... She also got an etsy store for her patterns.

http://noeasybeads.blogspot.com/2006/08/bumps-in-road-bracelet.html

A subtle (okay - maybe not too subtle) hint here - PLEASE contact the designer and either ask permission to share her design or BUY it from her! Copyright is a very touchy issue with some designers!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 20, 2010 3:19 PM

I agree 200%  with you Deb. My bread and butter is selling embroidery patterns in PDF (and in prints)... so I'm kinda touchy myself when it comes to copyright issues. I constantly submit my designs on various magazines as well, and after the "borrowed copyright" period (usually after a year when it was published), I add the published pattern/s in my online store... so sharing a pattern is a big no-no for me. I consider myself lucky for having wonderful stitchers who ask me first if they can include one of my designs in their program pieces... and by doing so, I give them a group discount. 

The link I posted is the designer's blog, Beverly Helman... and from there, the infos of her store can be found.

Philonese, I strongly recommend you contact Beverly personally for the above design.:)... specially if her design will be a group project.:)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 20, 2010 3:21 PM

Ladies, the pattern I have is called ruffled peyote which was created by a friend of mine who teaches it at our lbs and she has no problem with me sharing it.  The picture shown was only for reference when I was trying to figure out what the original poster wanted and then realized that it is similar to what I have.  So therefore, while it is not exactly the same the bumps are similar and there is no toggle...the one I have is meant to be made with a slider clasp.  Just wanted to clarify any confusion about this picture and let you know that it is not my design at all.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on May 20, 2010 3:24 PM

BTW, I just read her rules regarding patterns and she does not allow sharing copying or selling of her patterns...FYI

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on May 20, 2010 4:45 PM

Lina,

The request was for "Bumps in the Road". That is the pattern Lody and I were talking about. Lody gave the URL for the blog of the designer of "Bumps in the Road" blog. There is no confusion on my part about the request. Lody and I were both just reminding people to be respectful of copyrights.

If you have a pattern for something similar (ruffled peyote) and you have permission to share it, it would have been better if you'd said that and clarified it from the start, rather than saying you had a copy of the pattern that was requested and would share it.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Beverly@60 wrote
on May 20, 2010 5:14 PM

The picture and pattern belong to me.

It can be purchased here.

http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=12006

Thanks,

Beverly Herman