Drumroll please: Challenge Swap #2 REVEAL

This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 8:17 AM

It's only been 4 or 5 months in the making, but I can proudly announce that you can now view the finished pieces of the blue/green/yellow challenge swap!

Here is the write up about it on my blog.

Here is the gallery with larger views of the projects and kit.

I know that this isn't everyone who has finished projects, so anyone else who has made something or now has pics, please post them in this thread for everyone to enjoy when you can.

Enjoy!

*Note:  I apologize to people with slow internet connections.  There are lots of pics-I tried to make them smaller in the blog post so loading wouldn't be too horrible.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 9:04 AM

Jeni thanks for posting this!!!

You did such a nice job with it :) It's amazing all the different things that came of that kit.

I think I might have been confused, I thought we had to use Yellow, blue and green in everything we made but it seems not everyone did. I guess that makes it easier for me next time. I hope that sounds right cause re reading I might confuse others.

What I mean is I thought we had to use all three colors in the same piece. There now I think that sounds better.

Anyhoo, it was fun and I love what everyone did! Very cool

Jeni I especially like those fabric beads- didn't even think of that.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 9:07 AM

Thanks Cat!

I don't think we really specified that you had to use all 3 colors in the pieces now that you mention it.  I never really thought about it while designing, I just went where the beads took me.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 9:54 AM

Those are wonderful! Congratulations to everyone who participated, you made some beautiful things!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 10:01 AM

Jeni, I just love everything you did.  I do want to know however, how do you get your name and logo on all your pictures????

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 10:13 AM

JSmaz:

I don't think we really specified that you had to use all 3 colors in the pieces now that you mention it.  I never really thought about it while designing, I just went where the beads took me.

It was probably just my brain, no worries! Sometimes I assume things too and/or forget to ask so it was probably just me since I'm the only goof that did it.  Big Smile

I made a vase of flowers too but I don't think I ever sent you that one because I didn't complete it. I was making it as a pendant and I actually used the blue wire with the white flower beads. I'll post a pic here...

I have some dark blue beads that would match the wire and some green aventurine that matched the vase. I was going to make a three strand necklace with it but wasn't sure with the pendant how that would work. Anyhoo, I still have this and maybe one day I'll finish it. When I laid the strands of beads together in rows to "visualize" the necklace it looked very 50's or 60's to me. Gosh I don't know if that's even the right time frame to describe since I wasn't thought of yet.....

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 10:13 AM

Lina, I made a watermark in Photoshop.  If you do a Google search for "how to create a watermark" you can find some tutorials for it.  They're a bit fiddly but not too bad.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,477
ForumModerator
LinaG2 wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 10:47 AM

Awesome...thanks!!!!  I have been wanting to do something like that but just didn't know how.  You are the best!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 1:54 PM

THANK YOU J ENI! It's SO much fun to see how different everyone's projects turned out. Now I gotta get my rear in gear and get some things DONE with the fall set... I got ONE project made, which my feathered helper managed to break already, so I need to restring it before I can take photos of even THAT one. *sigh*

Good job everyone, the designs are ALL great, and have given me some more ideas of what to do with the new set!

Lois

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 2:47 PM

You guys did an awesome job. Jeni- thos fabric beads were an awesome idea. When I saw the pic of the bead selection and the ribbon in it, I was wondering what someone would do with it. I just finished a bracelet of my own with that flat spiral stitch too.

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
Shawna18 wrote
on Jan 21, 2010 6:24 PM

The gallery looks really great Jeni! Thanks so much for your hard work on this project. Everyone made some really great pieces I hope all of you are proud of yourselves :)

I'll post a pic of earrings i made out of the swap stuff right after the submit date, they were made for Lois for one of the earring swaps :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 22, 2010 1:33 AM

Those are good Shawna!  I still have those blue rounds and the blue lampwork beads.  I love them but can't decide what to make with them.  Can't tell you how many times I've played with them and put them back. 

I've mostly combined the rest of the 2nd swap with the 3rd since most of the colors work in both swaps, so I have a few projects that combine both.

Cat, that's a good flower pot pendant as well.  Hope you can figure out what to make with it!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Jan 25, 2010 8:20 AM

All lovely works! I enjoyed browsing them! Congrats to everybody who participated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 25, 2010 2:15 PM

Great work everyone! And Cat, that vase is too cute! Please show us the necklace once you finished it.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 293
Mikki335 wrote
on Jan 25, 2010 9:28 PM

I've been gone for a while...busy and holiday depression...but I stopped in to see what you've all been up to.  It's like you knew I was coming :)

Really great work everyone.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS