Need help for "Bombay Bracelet" by S Raven Willey

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 20
pwong2 wrote
on Jan 15, 2010 4:46 PM

Hi,

I try to work on this project but the instruction not that clear.

from Step 3 is said weave back to the row with size 8 seed beads. 

1. What is mean "Weave back"? 

2. Is she mean weave through the exiting roll from the start (fig 1 to fig 2) or only on  the second roll (fig 2)?

3.  what technique used for weave back (brick or pass through back and forward)?

It's look easy but instruction a little unclear.

hope I get the answer from you.

thanks

Priya.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Jan 15, 2010 6:27 PM

"weave back" usually means to get your thread from here to there by going through the beadwork you have already done. It doesn't usually matter which beads you go through, or how you go through them; all you need to do is get your thread there in whatever way is easiest for you.

So, in this case, you would go back through the work you've done in any way that works for you, ending up "at the row with size 8 seed beads."

Does that make sense?

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Jan 15, 2010 8:21 PM

Good answer, Cindy. Thanks!

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jan 16, 2010 2:04 AM

Hi Priya and welcome to the forums!

I looked at this pattern (Beadwork, Feb/Mar 05), and in step 3 you need to add the 2nd row of size 8 seed beads, then pass your thread back through each of the beads in that row to strengthen the work (similar to the very first row-think of going through them again like ladder stitch).  When you get back to the other end of the row you will add the extra 2 beads that connect the first and 3rd rows, then use your thread tail to do the same thing on the other side.

I hope that makes sense and that you're able to complete the bracelet.  If you need any other help please ask!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS