BD reads your posts

This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Dec 28, 2009 8:48 AM

Dear Readers wondering if we are listening--

We do read your posts and listen! However, it is not possible for me to respond with the immediacy I wish I could.  Please be assured we do our best to keep up with your comments and concerns.

I know the new format has some unfamiliar ways that present some frustration to you. We're working on it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Happy Holidays!

Leslie, editor BD

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 28, 2009 9:30 AM

Then please read on down a bit and delete the blatent advertisements and duplicate posts. Thanks.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Dec 28, 2009 11:42 AM

I dont have dialup ... and my pc is decent ....
but I dont have time to delete duplicat posts either ....  i think that timer is 0...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 5:04 AM

Gyspy Mary:

(Thinking out loud) Where have all the "Moderators" gone?  Wonder if BD is hiring Moderators to monitor the Post.

there is no way, I can delete duplicate post, if I knew how on my internet system.

Sorry, if it appears I am repeating my self.Embarrassed I do that in person too.

Well, some of us moderators had a couple of issues.  I don't know if more are on their way in...

No need to apologize for repeating yourself Mary.  The older I get the more I find myself saying the same thing over and over.  I think it just comes with age...or maybe (wishful thinking) a creative mind.  Nah, more likely age in my case.....

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 7:17 AM

Gypsy Mary:

(Thinking out loud) Where have all the "Moderators" gone? 

I'm still available for Birthdays, Weddings, and Bar Mitzvahs. *grinz*

Billy ;o)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
joyful@5 wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 7:35 AM

I have spent two days trying to figure out where I can leave a negative comment for the editor. I wish I could have found a place where only the editor sees it, but this site is not user friendly when it comes to feedback.

Something has happened to Beading Daily in the last month or so that I am not happy with. It seems every day is devoted to wire jewelry. I only do bead weaving and have no interest in wire. I use to look forward to my daily taste of beads from you, but not anymore. Most days I just open it and delete it. Do you have another newsletter now for people that are not interested in wire? I am going to give this one week and then I'm quiting.

Thanks for listening.

Bonnie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 11:31 AM

Hi Bonnie,

Beading Daily Forum, is more than a Newsletter, it is an Online Community of Sincere Folks who want to encourage and help each other. Share Ideas and patterns and Inspiration.

BD Newsletter and the Website may have changed. However, those of us, who are bead weaver can still help each other, Answer Quesions, and Post Photos of our finished pieces, (See Readers Showcase) Please come and share Photos of your own finish pieces. You too can be an Inspiration to all of us who are new to bead weaving.

If you ask for feed back, you get honest feed back, good bad or indifferent, but it is honest feedback.

If you have any questions about a pattern or where to find certian beads, there is always someone who will come along and help you out.

We inspire Each Other, in all aspects of life as well as Bead Weaving,Stringing, or whatever calls to your creative nature.

Join the post, the swaps and the sharing.

Beading daily forum Your always welcome, and there is almost always someone online, if not, they will reply shortly.

just my take on the the BD Newsletter and forum.

( I most am a bead weaver, very little stringing)(see SSE Swaps for photos of the recent bead weaving)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 11:37 AM

Thanks Billy,do you know CPR too?

I just got my medicare card in the mail..Right Hug Since my birthday, isn't till Jan 2010 one would think the government would wait till the last minute to send them, at this age it might save them postageIck!

Wow! 65 yrs old. I recall when I started driving, my mom said, "I'd never make it to 40"Wink

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 12:26 PM

Gyspy Mary:

Wow! 65 yrs old. I recall when I started driving, my mom said, "I'd never make it to 40"Wink

Mary, I'm glad you did!

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,215
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 12:34 PM

Hey Mary, My Birthday is in January also. I will be 64 this year. Hubby ll be 65 in May. What day is your B'day on? Mine is the 10th

My mother didn't say that about my diriving, however when I got married at the age of 18, she said that it would never last. She is now 91 and my marriage has been going on for 46 years in July.  I think she is trying to out live my marriage. Hope she does, because my marriage is going strong so she will be with us for a longtime to come.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Temperance,Michigan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 12:43 PM

Courtney, your now SCB1? ok, that is a new way to spell CourtneyEmbarrassedyes.

There are a lot of Birthdays in Jan here on the BD Forum! So Early Happy Birthday Everyone!

Early Happy Birthday, mine is Jan 20th. I was born at midnight so Dad flipped a coin Heads its the 19th, Tails its the 20th. (its often been said, I live between a Capricorn and an Aquairus.Smile

I keep trying to tell my family and friends "I only got the best of both signs", Its my actions that give me awayWink

so True! My husband is Jan 19th and five yrs older than me.

We are calling the home in Deming,NM our Birthday gifts for the next 10yrs.Yes..Last Year it was our Anniversary Gift for the next 20yrs when we purchased our RV.Yes

Trust me, DH only did that because he forgets datesDrinks

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 3:40 PM

Gyspy Mary:

Thanks Billy,do you know CPR too?

Why yes, yes I do! *grinz*

Billy ;o)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Dec 29, 2009 3:54 PM

Pam.:
The older I get the more I find myself saying the same thing over and over.  I think it just comes with age...or maybe (wishful thinking) a creative mind.

Repetition facilitates learning.  { I typed that ????}  No matter how many times I repeat, some never learn!  Actually, if they would listen, I'd need to say it only once.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 4:09 PM

CrystalCubeBead.:

Actually, if they would listen, I'd need to say it only once.

Amen my brother, Amen.

Billy ;o)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 11:44 AM

joyful@5:
It seems every day is devoted to wire jewelry. I only do bead weaving and have no interest in wire. I use to look forward to my daily taste of beads from you, but not anymore. Most days I just open it and delete it.

In response to Bonnie,

I have no interest in bead weaving, and I LOVE wire, so I am basically your polar opposite, but I don't whine every time a BD email is about bead weaving. BD is trying to do a good job at catering to many different styles and tastes. I don't think a majority of the posts have been about wire, although I for one, am very happy to see more wire and less weaving.

HOWEVER, we all need to be tolerant and keep an open mind about different techniques. Not every daily email is going to be specifically addressed to your individual taste. This is not, and has never been a forum for only bead weaving.

I think Leslie is doing a fine job, and I welcome her changes. You can't please all the people all the time.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS