new beading daily format

This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 11:28 AM

Looks like someone's been hard at work re-designing the site. When I opened the forums this morning, a pop up window came up with nothing in it. i waited a few seconds for it to load, but nothing came up, so I just closed it. Whatever it said, I didn't see it. The new site looks nice, but its very slow on my mac. I'm hoping this will get better...

Anyone else experiencing these same problems?

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 11:37 AM

It's a bit slow for me, too.  But it looks nice!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 11:49 AM

It's a bit slow, and there seems to be a few missing elements, but the good news is that you no longer have to use a separate photo hosting account, you can uplike pics and other media right off of your hard drive - YEAH!

It works - Double Yeah!

And wide pics are no longer a problem.

Triple Yeah!

Way to go, Beading Daily.

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 11:54 AM

It's a bit slow for me too, but so far it looks nice!  Awesome that they changed the photo sharing-that will make it SO much easier.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 11:57 AM

No problem with loading here, a bit slow but it was like that sometimes anyway for meSmile

Very cool about the uploading of pictures, will make life so much easier to share.

Lita ~ Is the little guy a friend of yours or just stealing lunch snacks?

Has anyone else noticed that our join dates aren't there anymore & they changed my "name" from MelindaB to MelindaB@14?  I noticed that they did this with some names but not all... just curious, I still know who I am Tongue Tied

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 12:10 PM

awwwwww, what a cute little guy!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 12:54 PM

I'm not sure what to think - it would have been nice to have a little warning, though. I'm like my MIL - I don't do well with surprises! <LOL>

I went to check my profile to see if I could change my name back but I didn't see anything. It also has me listed as 0 years old! <LOL>

It seems to load just as fast as it always did.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 1:48 PM

Yeah Melinda-- I got changed to LoisB@23... I think it's to remove duplicate user names. Doesn't really bother me, since I'm sure everyone knows who LoisB with a bird avitar is!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Dec 10, 2009 1:56 PM

LoisB@23:
I got changed to LoisB@23...
But your lucky ... now you can be 23 forever =)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 2:02 PM

Inca-- *LOL* I had that thought right after I posted that comment! hmmm... just found out the SMILIES arent' working.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 2:11 PM

yeah, I am now Erin@76. There are several other Erins on the site and I've never bothered with an avatar, so I guess I am the generic one. I think the other Erins all have slightly different user names, though, so you can tell us apart. Thats great news about posting pics. I've never posted any of my work because I didn't want to jump through all the hoops. Maybe I will now.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 2:40 PM

MelindaB@14:
Lita ~ Is the little guy a friend of yours or just stealing lunch snacks?

Not mine, just a wonderful picture I ganked from Cute Overload. Something I look at whenever I get blue.

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
Jason wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 3:47 PM

LoisB@23:

Yeah Melinda-- I got changed to LoisB@23... I think it's to remove duplicate user names. Doesn't really bother me, since I'm sure everyone knows who LoisB with a bird avitar is!

Lois

You are completely correct, it was due to duplicate user names and having unique user names.  Also, I understand that there are users that will not be happy with these changed user names, and you are able to change it in your profile with the link below.

http://www.beadingdaily.com/user/EditProfile.aspx

Click the tab Sign-in information and it is the first option.

You can select anything you want, as long as another user does not already have that name.

Oh and you can also checkout the new Reader Gallery here, and upload some images of your beautiful beaded works.

-Jason

Jason

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 4:22 PM

Thank you Jason... The changes look great, what a surprise it was this morning.. 

I checked out the other MelindaB's & they don't have any profile info so I may not change it yet. 

I am wondering about our missing "join dates" and "locations", mainly curious because those were interesting little tidbits of information.

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 5:03 PM

Looks good, but there are major slowdowns on my end. Maybe once everything is cached, it'll level out.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS