Russian Opals

This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 6:48 PM

Ok, so I've been working a lot more recently. Playing around with lots of things, trying to use things I've had for a while, or stones I haven't used before... Anyway, I fell in love with this strand of green Russian Opal rondles, and remembered I had some opal nuggets from a year or so ago... And I've been watching a lot of the TV show Bones. I really loved the softness of the colors, but I wanted to make something that had a real earthy texture to it. Here's what I came up with. What do you think?

sorry, I didn't have any where to put the items I"m working on as Christmas presents, so yes, my dress form is FULLY laden with jewelry.

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Dec 9, 2009 7:11 PM

Love it =)  All the nice greens makes it look like the sea

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 363
Ruth. wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 7:57 PM

I love the Russian opals. Is that earrings to the right that fades from white to grey to black. It really caught my eye. Can we see a pic of them? They are gorgeous!

Shippensburg Pennsylvania - about 30 minutes from Gettysburg

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 8:22 PM

Ruthie--yep, those are earrings to a set I made for my mother, I was going to post those next, so look for a thread called Ombre

Inca-- that's what they remided me of too... I love all the soft shades that the strand came in.

Lois

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 9:29 PM

Lovely Opals!

So, If I buy a dress form, I will get talented enough to create these Beauties?(HmmI didn't think so=)

Lois, you are a very very talented Artist. Love your elements of design and form.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 9, 2009 9:57 PM

Those opals are yummy! I love the soft colors you've used, and the double pendant is perfect for it!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 10:20 AM

Lois,

I love the piece!!!!! It is absolutely beautiful.

cb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 10, 2009 12:12 PM

I love anything with the word "opal" in it, so it goes without saying that this would be beautiful.Big Smile

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS