PRAYER REQUESTS - PLEASE ADD YOURS

This post has 269 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 6:45 AM

Good Morning all,

If I may add my elbow.

I went yesterday for my follow up with the orthopedic.  My third cortisone injection didn't really "take". He said that he "may have missed the spot." so we did another yesterday.  Painful. I go again Dec. 2 and am hoping to not have surgery. 

Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 10:20 AM

Prayers all around from me, and extra special ones for Jani!  Let's hope this is his breakthrough!

Mary, you're really lucky-my grandmother died from gangrene because she cut herself badly and didn't tell anyone about it until it was too late.  It could have been entirely preventable if she'd just had it looked at after it happened.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 10:23 AM

Ok, extra prayers for all, and like Jeni said, extra special ones for Jani today and tomorrow.

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 10:26 AM

I guess I could also ask for everyone to at least think good thoughts for my bazaar this weekend.  I could really use the income from a successful show.  I probably won't be around here much over the weekend either.

At least I've had a productive week making jewelry and using up a good bunch of my challenge swap beads!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 11:51 AM

Inca - keep us posted, please.

cb

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 7:05 PM

Oh Inca I know that is so hard.  My daughter-in-law is German and I thought it was going to take an act of congress to get her here.  She was only 19 at the time and you would have thought she was a national security risk.  They had to have so much paperwork, pics, phone records and all sorts of stuff just to prove that she wasn't coming here to marry a stranger to get citizenship.  Then there was all the other regular government stuff, but she is here and they have been very happily married for a year and ahalf, so hang in there. I'll keep praying. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 7:36 PM

Prayers Please, I can't quit laughing, Yes the DR. needs prayers too.

DH says, "What ever they left inside was not a GPS or a Garmin or Tom Tom, because I still get lost".Confused.

"For everything there is a reason", but dang if I can figure out a reason for this episode.

I can work with a 102 fever, but I can't ask people to lift my groceries into my car.( I am learning,)

Thanks everyone.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 7:49 PM

Please continue to keep my youngest sister, Lisa, in your prayers.  Real quick - she nearly died in Sept and the day she went back to work from all of that in early Oct, she got laid off.  For those not familiar with the story, here's the link to the original thread I posted asking for prayers for her:

http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/t/4594.aspx

She had ankle surgery at the end of Oct (while she had time off and still had insurance) to repair a torn tendon.  Her ankle is bothering her and she's getting depressed again concerning the job situation.

Thanks - y'all are great.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 18, 2009 6:42 AM

Got everyone's requests.  Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Marie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 8:07 AM

Adding your Sister to my Prayer list. Pain can get the strongest folks down when "the pain seems endless."

Bless you for asking for her.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Nov 19, 2009 8:30 AM

She's still on my list from the first go 'round. In fact everyone that I ever put on my list stays there. We all still need prayers even when things aren't so bad, ya know. We just seem to think more about them when the chips are down. Human nature and all that, I guess. I'm as guilty as anyone of that myself.  

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Nov 21, 2009 8:05 AM

Thanks!!!!   I do appreciate it, everyone.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Nov 22, 2009 6:25 AM

You are all on my prayer list too, and stay there.   Marie, Mary, Courtney, Cathy and Lisa, Inca and Jani, all of you and everyone who has asked before...I just wish I could do more...

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Nov 23, 2009 1:05 PM

I need one, too. 

Not for me specifically, but you guys may have heard me talk about the gal with the only flower and gift shop here in my tiny town?  She is my neighbor and I have some things on consignment in her shop.

She needs LOTS of prayers.  Two weeks ago she had a Stage I cancerous lump removed from her breast as well as a patch of lymph nodes in her armpit - two of those nodes had cancer in them.

Then her shop caught on fire.  She was at the doctor's office and a helper was covering the shop for her.  The helper set a box on top of a wood stove in the back room and forgot about it - it then promptly caught on fire!  All of the clothing in that part of her store is a loss from smoke damage.

Then, to top things off, late last week she got the results of her PET scan - something suspicious "lit up" near her windpipe.  I was in the shop when she got the call from the doctor.  She's going in this week for a biopsy and she is scared to death.  She is only 50!  She may be in the hospital for the Thanksgiving holiday, and she is so afraid that she's going to have to close the shop. 

Oh, why does cancer have to exist?  It is such a horrible illness, and it is so difficult to see people dealing with it, especially loved ones.  My friend needs lots of prayers please!

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Nov 23, 2009 2:51 PM

Prayers being said here for everyone.

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Page 2 of 18 (270 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS