This post has 269 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 4, 2010 8:48 AM

Marie - 

Thank you so much! 

Luckily our son was able to get out of Nashville yesterday and made it home. He is going to stay with us probably through this week so that the apartment complex can figure out what all needs to be done etc. We have no idea when classes will start back up. So for him, it is a little day by day which we completely expect. 

His apartment is in the Donelson area, not far from the School for the Blind as a point of reference. He has a friend that lives in the Antioch area ( although they went to Florida on vacation and won't be back until Saturday. The friends have offered them a room in their house for as long as needed. 

He, GF, and both dogs made it out safe and sound. The furniture we know will be a complete loss as will his tvs. They did get out his guitars, computer, and clothes. But we are very thankful that they are safe and sound. The rest is completely replaceable!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 4, 2010 8:49 AM

Pam I'm so sorry to hear things aren't going well.  Continued prayers that things will get straightened out quickly and that your leg will heal without surgery.

My mom went through something similar with SSI years ago.  She got approved for benefits and received them for nearly a year, and then someone reviewed her case and decided she wasn't disabled and they had to pay it all back.  She may be eligible at this point, but it was so hard on she & Dad at the time.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on May 4, 2010 6:58 PM

Sheila,  sorry to hear about everything that was lost but glad to hear they and the furbabies are OK.

Pam, I am SO very sorry to hear everything you and Billy are going through.  I know how tough it is to even think of a light at the end of the tunnel when you're in the middle of the dark tunnel.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 6, 2010 6:23 AM

Sheila I'm glad your son and his girlfriend and the dogs are safe.  I hope and pray that everybody dealing with this flooding is safe.  Also for the people affected by the oil spill and for everybody who has asked for prayers here. 

I also want to thank everybody who is praying for us and thinking of us.  I'm sure this is having a good effect because, while there is no real change yet in our circumstances, we know there will be in the right time.  I applied for reinstatement yesterday and we applied for food stamps Tuesday.  We'll hear from both within a few days to a few weeks.  Please keep us in your prayers and pray for Billy and I to heal, have less pain and for opportunity to help us earn some money on our own.  We love you all.

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 5:49 PM

Reviving this thread because I have a prayer request. Actually there are a couple of them.

First is for my DH Mike. He is feeling very depressed. On Sunday night, we lost our Min Pin named Schnapps. We're pretty sure he was stung by a scorpion. He collapsed on our patio and we rushed him to the emergency vet. They started and IV and started an airway to get him stabilized, and he just gave out. We told them to "let him go", and Mike's been devastated ever since. He'd had Schnapps since he was about 4 weeks old and wasn't even weaned. Schnapps was 13 years old - Mike had him longer than we've been together. The house is very quiet - I had to set my alarm clock for my Dr. appt this morning because Schnapps wasn't there to wake me up for his breakfast. <sigh>

Second is my health - I got a cold back in May and the cough never went away. My doc thinks it's probably bronchitis, but being in AZ (did you see the TV footage of our huge dust storm), it could also be Valley Fever. VF spores are in the ground and construction and other things that stir up dust release the spores into air. A person breathes the spores in and they grow in the lungs, where they can sometimes mimic a tumor. VF is insidious, it can mimic a cold or the flu and it can go dormant for years, waiting for the immune system to weaken.

Third, I need to ask for a general, non-specific prayer. I don't want to go into detail, but will say that we've got a few difficult things to deal with and some of the decisions will be life changing. Please just pray that we are guided to the correct choices.

Finally, could I please ask for prayers for my son stationed in Afghanistan and for all troops in harm's way. Found out a couple of days ago that his housing area's been more or less "adopted" by a mongoose. If you've read the Jungle Book stories, you know that Rikki Tikki Tavi was a mongoose in India who killed cobras. Phil is calling the one hanging around his area "Rikki Tikki". Yes - the presence of the mongoose means that there have been cobras found in the area - those and unidentified "vipers" (and he doesn't mean the cars). 

Thanks all for your help and support. I love you all!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 6:22 PM

Of course, prayers, a candle, and Reiki.  If you don't know what Reiki is, it's ok, it's just a very old way of asking God to do what He does - heal.

On the practical side, I have to tell you that I have never had luck with allopathic medicine and in general am pretty much against.  But both of you need to go to a Chinese Doctor.  Sometimes there's a Chinese College of Medicine you can go to.  Sometimes Chinese health food stores are owned or have a Chinese doctor there.  They are not very expensive.  The herbs they give you are all natural and the best part - it works.  You don't even take your clothes off for a physical.

Hugs - do you feel my arms around you?  God' and his healing Angels are hugging you, too!  They might just be holding you up sometimes.  Let them.  It's their job..

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 6:19 AM

Prayers and Hugs From Iowa Deb.(I will be back in NM after the 18th)

#1.If you would Email me your Son''s address, I would love to send him a "Care Package" when I get back home.Cup of Soup, and Candy, (individual wrapped kind) along with any of his "Favorite things" I could add.etc.

My Grandson was over there. I picked up a "Special rate box at the Post Office".

#2.My heart goes out to you all on the loss of your precious four legged family member. They just creep into your heart and when they leave a piece of your heart goes too.

#3.I recently found "Kombucha Tea" and it has been a miracle for me personally.(check it out on the internet, )

#4. Prayers for "Guided to the correct choices", God assures us, "we are always where we are suspose to be", however on making choices, "God's will and Free will" are two choices that only Prayer can answer. You have mine.

Know That you are Blessed.

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 7:05 AM

Deb - I am so sorry to hear about what has been happening in your life.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and you husband.  I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby.  Trying to remember all of the love and joy that Schnapps brought into your lives is the best way to keep his memory alive.  Concentrating on the joy sometime helps to relieve the sorrow.  Just know that he is no longer suffering and is happily running and playing in a better place with no pain and looking down on you both with love.

Your health issues sound pretty scary.  I have no words of wisdom as to how to treat it, but know that I am praying for you that you are able to get the right treatment and will be feeling better soon.  As to your other difficulties - know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and that you will be guided to the right decisons and given the strength and faith to follow through.

I will also keep your son in my prayers as well and all of the troops who put themselves in harm's way to keep us safe.  They are all our heroes.  I did have to laugh about the comments about Rikki Tikki Tavi - that was a nickname of mine for a while after we all read that story in school.  I hope their
"adopted" house pet keeps them all safe.

Know that you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and that I am sending hugs and all manner of good thoughts across the country to you.  Please keep us all posted on how you and your family are.

Ricki

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 10:11 AM

Deb - Know that I will be keeping, you, hubby, your son, and Schnapps in my thoughts. I know how hard it is to lose one. But know that you made the best decision for Schnapps. If he decided it was time to go, then he was ready. It doesn't make it any easier, but someday it will. 

I did not know about VF. Is there a test for it to know for sure about VF? I know that around here, people have gotten bronchitis or other similar type of things and the cough has hung around for months. They just can't get rid of it. I am talking like 3-6 months longer

As weird as it sounds, be thankful for the mongoose. I will keep your son in my thoughts as well. 

I wish you the best with all of your decisions. Don't rush anything, but I have always thought that we know the answer in our hearts, it is just getting our mind wrapped around it. Just know if there is anything you want to discuss off forum, please feel free to e-mail me. Sometimes it helps to just type it all out. even if you don't hit the send button. 

Keep us posted!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,950
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 11:46 AM

Deb

Sorry to hear all you're going through.

Have sent prayers out over Texas for you & yours... and the mongoose too.

<HUGS>

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 4:18 PM

Thanks all, it helps to know that there are folks out there who "have our back".

Mary, I'll be e-mailing you Phil's address and a reply to your e-mail.

Sheila, there is a test for VF, but doctors who practice outside the southwest are ignorant about VF, because it's not common elsewhere. the "Valley" in the name comes from the Imperial Valley in CA - where it was first discovered.  It is a fungus that is common in the southwest. The spores are transported in dust storms or from construction blows and the dust is inhaled, then the fungus grows in the lungs or it  can lie dormant for years and when the immune system is weakened, it can kick in big time. Construction workers, gardeners, road workers, kids who play in the dirt,  archaeologists and paleontologists are more often exposed to the spores. Folks who were here when we had that HUGE dust storm a week ago, and were out in it could have been exposed to Valley Fever but won't find out for a month or more. Folks who are from other parts of the country baffle their doctors because the docs haven't heard of Valley Fever and don't know to test for it. It takes about a month from exposure to develop the symptoms, if any. It can resemble a cold or the flu and most people can throw it off without problems. But it can take months to get over VF and it can travel to other organs or into bones, etc. VF in the lungs shows up as if it was a tumor. My "baby" sister graduated on crutches because she had VF in her heel. She had drains, mega anti biotics/anti fungals. Dogs can also get VF, especially digging breeds. There, I'll bet that's more than you ever cared to know about VF! I've had my cough for about 7 weeks. Doc gave me azithromyacin and cough syrup with codeine and severe instructions to come back in a month if not better.

Claudette, Thanks for the hugs and the information. We will be checking into the Chinese medicine, though DH is a BIG skeptic. One of the waitresses where we often eat was doing poorly - anemic and sick. She went to a Chinese doctor and within a week, she was bright eyed and bushy tailed! DH was impressed.

Ricki Tikki Ayers - LOL! I will be writing a blog about Schnapps and all the fun we had with him, but I need a little time, because it's hard to type through tears. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Sellen - a BIG THANK YOU for including the mongoose in the prayers!! DH said my son should be sure to feed the mongoose and I said, NO WAY, because then he won't be hunting cobras!

To all - thanks for the prayers and good thoughts and advice. We need all we can get. Some of the "unspecified" issues are being resolved or are in the process, though some are still pending. I'm not happy about the resolutions so far, but know it's for the best and hopefully will be temporary.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 5:08 PM

'm going to check with my Chinese Doctor and see what she recommends for VF.  Of she has something, I'll mail it to you.  It will be my present for all of your great advice.  I can tell that you are a person that would always be there for others.  We may have not meant, but your Forum Friends are here for you!

I know that this may sound trite and skepticism is a good thing.  There is a lot of bs out there.  Regarding your issues, whatever they may be;  focus and visualize on the outcome that you want or is for your highest good and the good of your family as if it is already happening - because it is.  I am not a preachy person at all - but - just let God do the rest.  What you focus on is what will happen.

Peace.

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
sixbeader wrote
on Sep 9, 2011 2:46 PM

I'll be praying for all of you!

Rachel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 6:58 PM

Hi, I have some prayer requests as well.

First: My sister is going to have a surgery on Tuesday and I'm just asking if you could pray to Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother Mary that it go well.

Second: My family is trying to get this chip route, it sounds like it's making really good money and my family really needs it. I would be so grateful if you could pray to Our Lord and Our Mother Mary that we get the route and that it be successful.

Thank you sooo much and know that I am praying for all of you as wellSmile

-Fantasy Out-

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 2:14 AM

I have been so busy I couldn't catch up with my own Shadow. I do pop in here when I can to "Check on my Beading Daily Forum Family". Then in between, I just keep you all in my morning prayers.

Note to Deb. Psst, Whisper I want be back home till the 24th of Sept. I have not gotten and E Mail with "Phil's Address" When I get home again, I will call you, to remind you.

Loved your version of the "Magazine Designs". I always find a "Creative Budget approach to the Magazine Designs". wish I was closer, I could whip up some samples for you.(in my spare time of course.LOL)

Bless ya's

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 18 of 18 (270 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18 | RSS