PRAYER REQUESTS - PLEASE ADD YOURS

This post has 269 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 3, 2010 5:58 AM

Yikes, will be praying they don't get too much damage Sheila.  Glad they were able to get to a safe place. 

I know that Kelly is having computer problems.  She emailed me a couple of days ago and asked me to pass on that she was ok but I think that was before the flooding started.  She was on a friend's computer at the time.  I'll shoot her an email and check on her.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 3, 2010 9:00 AM

They are trying to get to their apartment to check on it but had a flat tire ( yes we all had to laugh, what else is there to do ). So they are at a wal-mart getting 2 tires and then will try to get to their apartment. They have not yet decided if they are coming home or sticking it out down there. I will post more when I know. 

Thanks everyone!

Jeni - Please let us know as soon as you hear something. At least we know that she was having computer issues prior to all of this. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 3, 2010 1:38 PM

Thank you Cathy.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 3, 2010 1:47 PM

Sheila,

I am glad to hear that the kids got to a motel that is in a safe area. I will continnue to pray for them as I hear that the water is still rising. I hope and pray soon that the river crests. I am also praying about the oil spill as it is now heading towards the East coast. I bothers me that is is still spiiling and because of the storms it is spreading it even farther. With what has been going on here the last few yrs. We really need to depend on God's grace. Huh?LightningUmbrella  Just want you to know that  I am praying for your family and that when they get to go back home that things hopefully won't be to bad for them.

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 3, 2010 2:09 PM

Sheila, I hope your son and his girlfriend are okay...  I hope Kelly is okay...  I'm praying for them and for everyone else....still.

I need some prayers too please.  I had my bone scan last Tuesday and saw Dr. Skinner this morning.  I do have a stress fracture of my right leg (the same leg I had my knee replace last November).  I'm probably not saying most of this just right, I'm really not doing all that well.  I'm in a lot of pain, which I have been since late March when I got this injury planting peas.  It's worse actually.  So I'm in a boot, weight bearing as tolerated which is at the moment not much at all.  I have an appointment for a recheck on the 26th and Dr. Skinner says if it doesn't heal I'll need more surgery for a plate to hold the bone together.  I'm depressed too.  I can't seem to keep from crying and when that starts I can't stop crying.  Then to make matters way worse today is the 3rd and I didn't get my SSA money today.  Billy took me to the Social Security office and I filed an appeal to their decision that I'm no longer disabled.  This is based on the work I did when I lived in NH and it's complicated but it turns out that because I got paid every two weeks some months had three paychecks in them putting me over the allowed income limit.  They want me to pay back $14,XXX.XX.  I'm likely to win that appeal but meanwhile we haven't got enough money to pay the bills this month.  I have an appointment with a person at the SS office on Wednesday to file for an expedited reinstatement.  Even if that goes through I won't get my money for this month for four to six weeks and I'm worried I won't get my check next month either. 

Okay, I'm a strong person but this is too much.  I feel like a burden to Billy, I want to be helping him not putting more on him and that makes me feel terrible.  I don't know how we're going to get through this month, if this SSA thing is not resolved by the beginning of next month it will be really bad.  We have approximately 1/3 of what we need to just get by....we really don't have enough money with both of us getting our checks, we usually have at least a week, sometimes more where we're just plain out of money....this is going to leave major bills unpaid and that's not good at all. 

I know I'm whining but I'm not doing well and really need some prayers...Billy too since he's got a lot of pain in his back and his hands plus some and now me...again...and no money.  He treats me so well it hurts me to not be able to help him and to again, still, and worse, need so much. 

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 3, 2010 3:19 PM

I don't know what else to say except...

YIMP

Hugs to all - really wish I could do more.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on May 3, 2010 4:28 PM

Pam,

You and Billy are always in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could send you a small pot of gold to help you get back on your feet - literally and figuratively!

If you need help with your utility bills, etc. check with the Salvation Army or a local Catholic church (their St. Vincent de Paul society has an assistance program and you don't have to be Catholic). Also ask the utility company if they have an assistance program for folks like you and Billy. The utility company here in AZ has a special account for things like this. They ask customers to pay an extra $1 or 2 on their bill to help others who have hit a rough stretch. Things like these have gotten me through tough stretches several times.

In the Phoenix, AZ area, we have a "Community Information and Referral" hotline that has information for community organizations of all kinds. See if there's one in your area.

Bummer that SSA got you messed up. It's too bad they don't understand things like the fact that there are sometimes 3 paydays in a month! We just hired someone on disability/Voc Rehab. To make sure that we don't get his SSA messed up, he gets paid 2x a month - 15th and last day of the month. That way even I can't mess it up! <grin>

Hang in there! Things are bound to change soon!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on May 3, 2010 5:38 PM

We will continue to say prayers for everyone...

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on May 3, 2010 5:40 PM

Pam and Billy, you're in my thoughts and prayers... as well as all of other BD members and their family!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on May 3, 2010 7:40 PM

Pam,

Have faith that things will work out. It's really tough when things come crashing down all at once, but at least you're together.....that's important. I'm sure Billy is not thinking of your troubles adding to his....but you both have eachother to share things with, instead. Keep after the powers that be.....and Deb had some great ideas.....and with our thoughts and prayers winging your way, you'll come through this.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 3, 2010 8:56 PM

HI Pam,

I am so sorry to hear about everything that you and Bill are going throught. Dennis has had a spinal fusion a few yrs. ago and I completely understand your feeling of being a burden to him with your knees and now your fracture in your leg. After going throught 2 different breast cancers and in remission I still feel like a burden to Dennis as well, because 6 months after the surgery I developed lyphedema in my left arm and then after the second surgery I got it in my right arm but that one is not as bad as the left. I have no lyphmnoids in the left arm. After the second surgery they took out a few lymphnoids on the other side.  I also had reconstruction done with each surgery. So after that I developed high blood pressure and then kidney problems from the medicine. Well to make a long story short I filed for SSI in 1997 and I got denied. I didn't know that I was suppose to appeal it. So then I went throught the second cancer 6yrs. later and I reapplied and I got denied again. So this time I appealed it and I had to wait 2yrs. for my hearing. I got denied again so now I am going for a second appeal. We are having a hard time as well to as my husband is still working even thought he probably should go on disability but we can't afford to do that either. If he did we would lose our home. So he is going to keep working as long as he can on top of it he took 3 pay cuts last yr. I wish I were there to put my arms around you and give you a big hug.Embarrassed  I just want you to know that you are not alone and that we all care about you and Bill alot!!!! 

But there is some things that can help you out there. Here in Colorado we are a lot like AZ. Our state does the same thing. There also is a program called care and share. It is available to anyone who is financially struggling. I have used it here and it is amazing the food they give you and it really helps alot to. It cut down on our grocery bills alot. Because of the medicine that Dennis and I have to have we don't have money for a few weeks or more sometimes. But because of what he makes we can't get the utility asst. or food stamps. But even if you are getting that you can still go to care and share. If you are in need of food right away to help with money you can find out where they are in your area and they will tell you where you can go for emergency assistance. There are different care and shares that will help you not only with food but some of them will help with utilities and other things as well. Check it out. Also call United Way they maybe able to help you or they will tell you where else you can get some help right away. I didn't know about it till a couple of yrs. ago from a friend of mine here. I cannot tell you how much that has helped. As far as care and share you go once a month and they give you an entire grocery cart full of different can goods and bread and some fresh produce as well to. Sometimes you will get meat as well. It is different every month. But like I said before it really helps when you are in a pinch for food or money. I felt really embarrassed when I had to go for food for the first few times. I went with my friend and they take personal info. and then they give you a card that is for care and share and you take that with you every month and then you will get your food. But one thing I will say if you sign up for it ask for a list of the different locations and they will give you a list of different places that you can go to in your area or across town. I really helped us to save a lot of money when we didn't have it. So try to find out and let me know how you guys are doing. Like I said I wish I were there right now to give  you a big hug. I think that I can say for all of us on BD we really care alot for you. Remember God takes care of the birds and all the things that he has created.  In Genesis he says that he put us in control of all the things here on earth. So just think if he takes care of the birds and all the things he created how much more he loves and cares for us. GOD WILL NEVER GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE EVEN THOUGHT WE THINK THAT WE CAN'T.  Isaiah 40:31 is my life verse that I claimed when I went throught cancer the first time and how much strength gave me and my family during that time and even now. He has put us throught many more things as tough as that in the last few yrs. as well. My daughter was raped when she was 16 in her school by another student and she is finally getting happy again. It has been over 7yrs. now. My son also is ADHD and we recently found out that he has a mild form of autism. He is 24. But by the grace of God he was able to get into Voc. Rehab. this last yr. and now they are going to pay for his entire college education. I didn't even know that they had a program like that. There has been other problems as well. BUT COUNT IS AS ALL JOY!!!! It is easier said than done I know but remember there is a rainbow on the other side of the hill!!!!!   There is an idea that I have and I don't know how anyone else feels about it but  maybe some of the other ladies can do a bead show and do a fund raising for you to help you out. I am still in the learning process so I don't think I could sell anything right now, but I know there are other people out there who do some AMAZING work. I will try and ask some of the other people on the forum and maybe they know of a way to help. Please let me know how things are tomorrow and remember you're very dear to me and you're always in my thoughts and prayers. Give Bill a hug for me as well. Try and keep your chin up!!! God will come throught and I am sure care and share will help you as well.

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on May 4, 2010 4:42 AM

Thank you everybody for all the prayers and suggestions, those are good ones.  Today we're going to go out and apply for food stamps and see about some other kinds of help for the bills.  Deb and Cindy, those are great ideas...we have a list of places that may be able to help us and we're going to go see about these. 

Cindy, thanks for thinking of us enough to want to raise funds for us.  But, ouch (more ouch) I don't expect that, that's not what I'm complaining for.  Or asking for.  Your prayers do help.  I know we will be okay in the end, I'm just tired of this.  It seems like I have one problem after another with this knee/leg and it's very discouraging for me to not be able to do more than I can then yesterday was just the worst day.  We went from Dr. Skinner's office to the Social Security office for more bad news.  Without saying so exactly the people at the Social Security office did indicate that this most likely will be resolved to what they call an "expedited reinstatement" and I/we have an appointment to actually apply for that tomorrow.  The only thing is it will take a few weeks and I'm worried about Billy having so much to deal with until then.  But I do know we will be okay.  I am also going to see if my mom can help us though that's a slim possibility.  Something will though.  Billy has taught me that.  Something always comes through.  He's right too. 

Cindy it sounds like you've had some tough times and I'm sorry to hear that.  You and your family are still in my prayers as you have been. So are all of you.  I really do care.  I wish I could do more for everybody here...

Mary and Yeli, both of you, thank you for the Reiki healings.  I'm sure things would be worse without them. 

Pam

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on May 4, 2010 7:36 AM

You are all still in my prayers.  I'm sending hugs and really positive thoughts.  Somehow things always do work out, it's just the waiting and worrying that'll make you nuts. 

Cherie

Dance.  Even if you're the only one who hears the music. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on May 4, 2010 7:54 AM

Pam,

I am so sorry to hear of all the struggles.  I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and my heart.  I can sooo relate to all you are going through as I lost most of my income after the car accident and we never know where the next bill money is coming from.  Now Jeff's work is flooded and we don't know when he will be able to get back to work.  I had to write because I can especially relate to felling like a burden.  I use to make good money and took care of almost everything and now all I can do is teach when classes are available and that isn't much money.  The house is a disaster because I can't take care of it properly and Jeff is trying to hold us up financially working his regular job as a heavy equipment mechanic (very hard work) and then mowing yards every night and weekends to make  more.  I feel useless and like such a burden.  I was adivsed to apply for disability quite awhile back, but I didn't want to do that as it felt like I was giving up.  Now I wish I had done it as we are getting any help at all.

BUT, I do know that God will see us through and use all this for something good, so I refuse to give up or get down (for more than a day or so at a time :-). 

Hang in there, and know you are in my prayers.

Big Big Hugs,

Marie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on May 4, 2010 7:57 AM

Shelia,

We live just outside of Nashville in Hendersonville and if your son needs any help, please let us know.  I'll email you with contact info.  Jeff is able to get into Nashville with his truck and is up there now trying to help with the water at work and towing people out of flooded areas. We will be happy to help them in any way we can.

Hugs,

Marie

Page 17 of 18 (270 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18  Next > | RSS