PRAYER REQUESTS - PLEASE ADD YOURS

This post has 269 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 27, 2010 10:38 AM

Oh! Deb, I will keep your family in my prayers. I have had my house burn. It is hard to wrap your brain around at first. When it  is "All Gone"! Maybe the reason for the fire, will give them some peace of mind.(maybe a bit of money too) The owners should of had some kind of insurance.

hum, Deb, Thanks for posting, I think, I should go check my Insurance on the RV and the house in NM.Hmm(I am not so sure what it covers)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,323
DebWAZ wrote
on Apr 27, 2010 6:25 PM

UPDATE on my daughter.

They spent Sunday and Monday nights in a motel provided for by the Red Cross. I don't know if they've determined the cause of the fire, but everyone seems to think it was a gas leak. Mindy's MIL had commented that the gas bill seemed a little higher than it should be, but they chalked it up to an increase in rates. The good thing is that they were all able to get out safely!

Thanks to family, friends and members of the community, they will have a fully furnished home when they move into their house at the end of May (when the hippie that was renting it finally moves out!) and they will have enough clothing to get by with until they get settled. Thank you to everyone for your generous offers of support!

They went back to the house yesterday and took the children along because my 3 year old grandson Draven said, "I *need* to see it." They looked through the ruins (didn't find hide nor hair of 3 of the 4 cats, if you get my meaning, so there is hope that 3 of them escaped somehow) and my grandson was a little upset by the toys and books that were destroyed. He had been told that they were "all gone", but he didn't really understand what GONE meant. He kept asking his Daddy to "fix this, please" or "fix it right now, please." It's not an easy thing for any child to discover that their Daddy can't ALWAYS fix things when they are 6or 8 or 10, but at 3, it's a very hard thing to learn. Grammy (me) has been tasked with finding a charger for his Peg Perego car that survived with his mommy's Camaro .

They will be staying with family in Tucson tonight, will be near us in Mesa for a night or two and then Mindy and the boys are going to go to stay with her father and his wife in San Diego so they can be distracted until it's time to move into their house. That way, my SIL can get started on his new job and do whatever recovery he can do while they are gone. Draven has lots of cousins in San Diego. He was growing a garden and was just about ready to transplant it outside, so his Nana is going to get him started growing a garden at her house. I'm going to pick up some seeds to add to the collection.

Mindy wasn't sure what the insurance situation would be. The mobile home originally belonged to a great aunt, who left it to my SIL's mother, and my SIL was in line to inherit it. Technically they weren't renting it, since it was in the family, but they were paying utilities, etc. They may be able to file a claim on THEIR homeowner's insurance for the house they will be moving into - Mindy was going to check with her insurance agent.

Mindy found one set of keys to her Dodge truck, but the ones for her Camaro (which was safe in an outbuilding) haven't turned up yet. They have found some of her jewelry and at least one of her violins survived. My SIL is going to borrow a metal detector from a friend and see if he can find the keys and other missing "metal" objects.

Between friends and FreeCycle, Mindy's got a houseful of furniture (and nowhere to put it until they move at the end of May). A friend of the aunt where they are staying tonight had a houseful of stuff in storage that she gave the kids. She's been paying storage for months and realized that she'll never use it, so she gave it to them.

There are neighbors watching for the cats, and a couple have donated Have-A-Heart traps to see if they can be caught. My SIL will be going back every evening to look for the cats, besides doing salvage.

Mary - I have another friend who lost her home and all of her dogs in a fire 10 years ago. She is in a completely different home in a different town (even has a different husband) and says there are STILL times when she remembers something she HAD and then has to remember that was BEFORE the fire.

Again - THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for your good thoughts, prayers and offers of help. You will never know how much they have meant to me and my family!

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 28, 2010 2:01 AM

Deb, I'm so glad to hear people have helped them out so much!  That's really fantastic.  If you still need me to send baby stuff let me know-I gladly will.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 10:54 AM

I'm late getting here Deb but no less concerned.  I'm glad to hear there are good people helping them but this must be heartbreaking for them just the same. 

Freecycle can be a really good resource or just about nothing depending on where...I'm glad it's good for them.

Prayers and hugs....

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 11:10 AM

Deb - If her agent tells her that it is not covered, have her call the main office. A little different, by when my son and nephew had a golf club accident at grandma's house, the agent told my mom ( grandma ) that my nephew's er ( stitches ) bill would not be covered. My mom did not believe him since she worked in the insurance arena for 30 years +/-. She called the main office for her policy and they told her to send them the bills. Nephew did not get pain and suffering but er bills were covered 100%. 

Just a thought...

Glad that things seem to be starting to come together for them. Continuing thoughts & prayers...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 8:00 PM

Deb,

A little late on this thread....so sorry to hear about your daughter's family's fire.....my sister in law went through that, too. I know the hardest thing for her was the loss of the photos. For some weird reason, she had one closet that wasn't touched by fire...just water.....and saved some Xmas decorations.

Wonderful to hear about all the support that is there for them. It doesn't lessen the shock, but helps on the rebirth (so to speak). Hope they get some satisfaction from the insurance co. and I'll be saying a prayer for the furry ones. 

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on May 1, 2010 8:48 AM

Please keep the people of the Gulf Coast in your thoughts and prayers.  I have a co-worker who was in New Orleans Thursday on a field trip with his daughter and he said he could already smell the petroleum smell at the Riverwalk.  Then the spilled oil started hitting the LA coast Thurs night/Friday morning and they're finding oily animals along the LA coast.  I know how hard this could hit the seafood fishermen in LA and MS that are just bouncing back from all of the recent hurricanes.  Officials are thinking AL, FL and TX could possibly get hit too depending on wind and tides.

Thanks,

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 1, 2010 5:42 PM

Hi Marie,

Praise God that your pathology report came back good. I am so glad that you don't have cancer. After going throught it myself 2x. I am so glad that our prayers were answered. I will continue praying for you with your possible diabetes. I understand that one as well, because it is the same for me.

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 1, 2010 5:49 PM

Hi Cathy,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been keeping you all in my prayers. All I can think of is what is going to happen to all of the people everyone in line of the oil spill. Not only that but what about the wildlife and the fishing market. I just pray that they will be able to stop it so that it doesn't get as bad as the won in Alaska did. But I have to admit that I am pretty worried about it. But to let you know that you and everyone in those areas are in my prayers. As if enough hasn't happened in the last few yrs.

Love and God Bless

Cindy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 148
CRS3813 wrote
on May 1, 2010 5:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for prayer for a friend of my jeweler. His friend's name is Brian he is there goldsmith. I just found out that his mother passed away a few weeks ago. He just got back to work this last week. My daughter has been waiting for her engagement ring now for almost 2months and I was wondering what was going on. Usually it he has it done in a couple of weeks. So I called him this evening to see how things were going and that is when I found out that his mother passed away. So please keep him in your prayers. Also my future son-in-laws mother Leanne is flying to Australlia tomorrow to see her family. So please keep her in your prayers that she has a safe flight there and home.

Thank you all, I am keeping you all in prayer as well to.

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 2, 2010 11:13 AM

Please keep my son and his girlfriend ( and their 2 dogs ) in your thoughts. They are in Nashville TN which was really hit with bad weather yesterday and overnight. It is still raining, tons of flooding. They have a people trail ( paved walkway for bikes, running, etc ) and a river behind their apartment ( they are on the ground floor ). The flood water is still rising so they are preparing to evacuate. However, they are not sure where to go since so much is flooded. If possible, they are going to head home but so many roads are flooded and closed.

Also, I know that Kelley is in TN, just not sure if she has been effected. I will post once I know more. He promised to call and update me.

Thanks everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 2, 2010 11:38 AM

My son is heading to a hotel that will hold a room for them as long as they can get there. He stated that there is a state of emergency for them. Not sure what level etc. He is going to call me when he gets to the hotel.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on May 2, 2010 11:51 AM

Cindy - your friend and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila, your son, his girlfriend and the animals are all in my thoughts and prayers.  We were supposed to get some of that bad weather here but it's staying north of us.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on May 2, 2010 1:41 PM

Finally they were able to find a hotel. Since they are 19 years old most would not let them check in regardless. So I was here in Indiana on the phone calling hotels and finally found one and they were able to get to it. Luckily, it was pet friendly to boot! So they are safe for now. I am not sure what all we will have to deal with come tomorrow. He said then they left the water was almost to their back patio and was coming up the steps to the walk way in the front of the apartment building. So they were very lucky.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...I will update you tomorrow mid day once I talk with them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,323
DebWAZ wrote
on May 2, 2010 3:37 PM

My son's at Ft. Campbell, KY - 60 miles northwest of yours in Nashville. I haven't heard from him. DH Mike says they probably got some heavy rain, but not as much as Nashville.

I'll keep your son, girlfriend and the furkids in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb

Deb

Apache Junction, AZ

www.azbeaddepot.com

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Page 16 of 18 (270 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18  Next > | RSS