PRAYER REQUESTS - PLEASE ADD YOURS

This post has 269 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 8, 2009 9:31 AM

Hi All,

I want to start a thread that is just for prayer requests in hopes that we can get them all in one spot to make them easier to find.  I keep a prayer list and would be happy to add your requests to my prayer time and I know there a many others who pray also.   

So that no one will be shy - I'll start it - I had a car accident in June and still have a serious problem with my left shoulder and arm that the docs are trying to deal with. I just had thyroid surgery 2 weeks agoand in the process they found that my blood sugar is high.  So working on getting the thyroid med levels right and will see how the sugar levels look next week and dealing with the shoulder mess. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 8, 2009 9:25 PM

I ask anyone who prays to remember me in prayers, just out of general principle. Yes

I do have need  of healing prayer:

I had emergency gal bladder surgery 4/2/08 that has about 3 inches of a 5 inch incision that hasn't healed. (DH got out the tape measure)I would appreciate prayers for that to heal up completely.

The Dr removed 6lbs of Gangrene from where the gal bladder should have been.I am Blessed and Grateful to be alive today.

Thank you all in advance.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 10, 2009 8:52 AM

Oh my goodness Mary, gangrene!!!  That is really serious.  You are a regular on my prayer list anyway, but I will add specific prayers for the incision to heal.  Since April!!  What does the doctor say?

Big Hugs and many prayers,

Marie 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 10, 2009 8:14 PM

Thanks for the extra prayers Marie.( and anyone else:)

The Doctor says," I have to let it heal" and slow down, don't lift etc". The Physician's a ssistant said," Also, there may have been something, left in the inside, due to the large amount of gangrene, a sponge or something might have gotten missed."

We'll find out in Jan 09 when  I turn 65 and will have Insurance.

I am 11lbs over the limit.LOL ah hem, seriously, that 11 lbs runs over a $Thousand a month for Insurance. So I do not have Insurance.10 lbs is overweight, 11 is morbid obesity. $%^&*(!! yes, Its all legal, I checked) Weight makes me a high Insurance risk.

altho, I am healthy and have been to the Doctor once in 5yrs.(That was the Gal Bladder surgery)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 10, 2009 9:09 PM

Sweetie,

I have some medical experience and 8 months is a long time for a wound to not have healed yet.  The remark by the physician's assistant is outrageous.  If they suspect that might be the case, they should be checking IMMEDIATELY to find out. 

The insurance thing is aweful.  1 lb.  Just ridiculous.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 1:47 PM

Marie & Mary

Already got both of you on my list.

Mary- Would you like me to include a prayer for the pin headed dr. that left something inside of you? Something tells me if this is the standard of care he/she gives they're going to need ALL the help they can get.

And go back and tell that insurance company YOU are only 10 pounds overweight that other pound is the foreign object that was left inside of you. And that surgery is the only way IT can be removed!Super Angry

YIMP

sellenSmile

p.s. I don't like drsAngry

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 2:10 PM

SEllen :

Mary- Would you like me to include a prayer for the pin headed dr. that left something inside of you? Something tells me if this is the standard of care he/she gives they're going to need ALL the help they can get.

And go back and tell that insurance company YOU are only 10 pounds overweight that other pound is the foreign object that was left inside of you. And that surgery is the only way IT can be removed!Super Angry

YIMP

sellenSmile

p.s. I don't like drsAngry

Amen!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 2:38 PM

Prayers Mary and Marie.  I'd take SEllen up on that offer on prayers for the doctor.  She prayed that my sister's doctor would get hit upside the head to get his attention when my sister was near death in September.  It worked, they finally found the root cause of her problem.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 11, 2009 3:31 PM

I know its not seriuos like your problems.
But if you have a spare prayer - Jani has a appointment with "the money people" on friday... and these are the guys that can "sort it out" ... if only they want too ...

If only he gets his papers - he can come here....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 5:08 PM

Inca

It's important to you so it's important to us.

I've already got both you and Jani on my list - But now I'll be more specific about his appointment on Friday.

We're here for you.

sellenSmile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 7:44 PM

Inca,

Best of luck!!!

Prayers,

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Nov 11, 2009 11:11 PM

Okies, got everyone. New Moon coming up in a few days. Good time for new beginnings, ya know. Really good juju for Rituals.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 5:58 AM

Inca,

I'm don't know who Jani is or the story behind it, BUT God does and so I'll be praying for him too.  

Hugs

Marie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 250
MarieG10 wrote
on Nov 12, 2009 6:03 AM

Well, duh, I started this thread and then stuck my update on a different thread Stick out tongue, so I'll paste it here for everyone who has been so wonderful to pray for me.

Good Morning All,

I told everyone I'd keep you posted on my "issues".  Went back to the thyroid surgeon yesterday.  The incision is healing nicely and the pathology came back clean.  No cancer in the thyroid.  PRAISE THE LORD.  I get very horse when I talk much and doc said that it would be about a year before that went away because I've had two surgeries this year that banged my vocal cords around.  Hmmm...so much for my singing career - ha, can't carry a tune in a bucket.  I sing when I am home alone or in my car [:-]

I go back to the GP next week for blood workup to see how the thyroid meds are doing, but I can tell that my levels have improved because I feel much better.  Also having my blood sugar checked by GP at the same time.  He is concerned because it was high on the last go round. Praying that my low blood sugar has not flipped flopped now to diabetic, but since I have a family history of it, there is a good chance it has.    Please keep me in your prayers for a bit longerSmile

Going to a NEW orthopedic today for the issues with my shoulder from the wreck.  I think the other one has just been enjoying my insurance and isn't helping me get well.  So, please say prayers that this one will HELP. 

Thanks for all your prayers,

Big Hugs,

Marie   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 12, 2009 6:17 AM

Marie:
I'm don't know who Jani is or the story behind it, BUT God does and so I'll be praying for him too. 
 Jani is my fiancee - and he is in Finland cause he has some problems with some papers he needs to be able to put his stuff in order so he can move here ... and he been waiting since april ... cause all they do is promise and say wait ...
http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/t/4031.aspx?PageIndex=1

and im going nuts waiting ...

Page 1 of 18 (270 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS