This post has 39 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 9:42 PM

Borrow a Cat!Confused That sounds good.

Maybe I could start a whole new business of "Rent a Cat".LOL 

With my Luck, DH would fall in love with the cat, and I'd be traveling with a cat,dog and DH in the RV.Ick! (humm, must think on that..)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Nov 4, 2009 6:00 PM

Gyspy Mary:

Maybe I could start a whole new business of "Rent a Cat".LOL 

Sounds like a plan to me! *laughz* 

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 165
momma9 wrote
on Nov 8, 2009 8:15 AM

Congrats on the house!  Whoo hoo!

Now....about Tennessee....

When I was a kid there was a song called "I don't like spiders and snakes"....

Luckily I do like spiders and snakes.  Tennessee is awesome and worth every bug and critter.  However, we did stop tossing vegies over the back deck several years ago: we had several skunks decide to travel through every night.  Spiders and snakes yeah!  Skunks ugh!

May your new home be blessed with Peace and Love,

Diane

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Nov 8, 2009 8:58 AM

Congratulations, Mary!!

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 8, 2009 9:59 PM

Big Thanks! everyone!

now if you get to Deming,NM for Thanksgiving, please bring your own chairs and table service. Smile

(Food, Oh! Chinese take out down the road, very good, very reasonable, no deliveryYes

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 9, 2009 1:04 AM

Ah, alternative Thanksgiving food!  A couple years ago when we were in Belgium we had no plans for T-giving day so we decided to go to Lille, just over the border in France.  Spent a wonderful day wandering around (it's a nice town), and had a lovely lunch in a restaurant overlooking the main square.  The French really do know how to cook good food!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 20, 2010 9:37 AM

UPDATE ON HOUSE IN NM:

We lived in the RV for a year, before we purchased the house in NM. However, we did not know, Recreational Vehicles that are self contained, are reported to the IRS as"morgage interest loans".

so, in short, we do not qualify for "First Time Buyers Rebate".A huge blow to our Budget . We had planned to pay down the Loan on the house.

After our Summer Road Trip(notice not traveling in the RV, due to the cost of fuel) I will be returning to work at least part-time.

Still glad we purchased a home with dirt under it, instead of wheels. We will be spending more time in Deming,NM.

ps.No more mice, there are stray cats a plenty around here.(and toads, and snakes etc.)

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 20, 2010 10:01 AM

Well crud, I would never have thought with an RV you wouldn't get the rebate.  As soon as our loan finishes funding I'm filing my amended return!  We're lucky, we get an extension since we're stationed overseas.

Nice that the cats are helping with the critter problem.  Fat cats=no mice (you hope anyway).

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Jul 21, 2010 3:33 PM

Bummer, Mary - but, if you were claiming the interest on the RV as mortgage interest on your taxes, that's what happens. That's the only way the IRS would have known about the RV. If you didn't claim the interest and just counted the RV as a "vehicle" instead of a second home, you would have been okay.

Many years ago, you could claim all interest on all vehicles, credit cards, loans, etc. Then the regs changed and the only interest allowable on a personal income tax return was mortgage interest. To claim mortgage interest as a deduction on a home or second home, it had to be fully self contained. That means it had to have sleeping quarters, a place for cooking and a bathroom. Back in my days working in the accountant's office, we had lots of people trying to finagle a second car, a fishing boat with an outboard motor (NOT a houseboat), etc. as a "second home" to try to get the mortgage interest deduction, because they had lost the other interest deductions. We had a lot of fun (not!) explaining this one to our clients who had already "spent" the money!

I'm glad the mice are gone - that's at least SOMETHING positive. Now, if the toads and snakes go with them, you'll be all set!

PS - be sure to keep your furkids away from the toads. They are poisonous!

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 774
yeli wrote
on Jul 22, 2010 9:02 AM

Mary, sorry to hear that.  The good thing is that you guys figured it out. 

Good thing you have cats!

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS