Got the House in New Mexico!

This post has 39 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Nov 1, 2009 8:18 PM

Inca:
.. is it far from cincinatti ?

Over 2000 Km, by road, I just checked my road atlas.  BTW, Deming is in the south west corner of New Mexico, west of Las Cruces.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Nov 1, 2009 8:51 PM

Inca:
is it far from cincinatti ?

Awe I just love you Inca! We can go together if you come to Cincinnati first! I need to get out of here for a while!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 1, 2009 11:01 PM

Welcome! one and all!. I will have an extra bedroom. (with a couple of those single beds, Daybeds I think they are called.)

There is plenty of room for tents tooSmile! We can all bead to our hearts content!Yes

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 2, 2009 12:49 AM

Can I reserver the indoors room ....
I hear US has spiders and snakes and lizards and lions ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 7:09 AM

Spiders, snakes & lizards are plentiful, but the lions stay in the zoo for the most part...Wink

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 8:16 AM

Oh! don't forget the "Mice". The house has been empty since March.

Yikes! I got 5 mice in those little Traps! There is nothing in the house, but, it is warm place compared to the outdoors.

I am thinking, a Cat Sitting Business is in orderHuh?.

I promise they will be gone ASAP. I don't do "critters" in my house. (Don't cook,do dishes,can't live with meSmile.

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 8:19 AM

Too true Mary! I'd deffinatly see if you can borrow a cat for a few weeks. AND try snickers candy in the traps, it works WONDERS! TRUST me on this one.

Lois

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 8:31 AM

Oh! goodie! a new reason to buy Snickers.Yes Here i been putting "peanut butter" on the traps.

We leave this afternoon, going back to St.David for a few days anyway. I will have to remove the traps till I get back.

Snakes, Lizards, ants I was prepared for, but "Mice" oh! no! I will be buying caulking and filling every crack and hole I can find.

I am predicting Lots and lots of storage containers in my future.Angel

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 2, 2009 12:30 PM

I was raised in the country ... we more or less allways had mice - tho mostly just in the basement (but now and then them moved in to the kitchen) ...
So mice dont scare me... its all the other creepy things ...

And Sherri said there was mountain lions ... ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 12:49 PM

Inca:
And Sherri said there was mountain lions ... ?

Sure are! At least I know deep in KY and TN in the mountains. When I was 14 or 15 I went with my either biology or zoology class on a caving trip in the mountains ten miles from the TN line so we were in deep KY. Our teachers had shotguns for the mountain lions in the case we came across any.

The few teachers we went with did camping like that regularly down there so they were pretty knowledgable about the area. It's rare to encounter one but it does happen.

Some people say no there's not but I'm pretty sure there are.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Nov 2, 2009 2:41 PM

Inca:

I don't know about Deming, but up in Wyoming, and Montana, and Idaho, and probably Colorado, there are Grizzly Bears.  There are also Javelina or Pecary [wild pigs] in the desert southwest.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 2:52 PM

Inca:

See now...snakes and lizards and lions are all a-okay with me...but spiders...oh man...TERRIFIED...like seriously.  I won't even touch a page in a magazine if it has a pic of one on it.  UGH!!!!  I had a giant one chase me down at work one weekend...everyone thought it oh so hilarious as I threw everything in my hands down and RAN.  Yah...lame but totally true.  So...I don't blame you Inca...I wouldn't come here either if I lived somewhere spiders did not.

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 2, 2009 3:24 PM

LYILHA:
but spiders...oh man...TERRIFIED...like seriously.  I won't even touch a page in a magazine if it has a pic of one on it.  UGH!!!!  I had a giant one chase me down at work one weekend...everyone thought it oh so hilarious as I threw everything in my hands down and RAN.  Yah...lame but totally true.  So...I don't blame you Inca...I wouldn't come here either if I lived somewhere spiders did not.
Ok ...So Im not going to TN ... EVER ....
I dont like any creature with 5 or more legs... but spiders ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and RUN!!! ...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 3:28 PM

Inca:

LYILHA:
but spiders...oh man...TERRIFIED...like seriously.  I won't even touch a page in a magazine if it has a pic of one on it.  UGH!!!!  I had a giant one chase me down at work one weekend...everyone thought it oh so hilarious as I threw everything in my hands down and RAN.  Yah...lame but totally true.  So...I don't blame you Inca...I wouldn't come here either if I lived somewhere spiders did not.
Ok ...So Im not going to TN ... EVER ....
I dont like any creature with 5 or more legs... but spiders ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and RUN!!! ...

Sad.  Ever?  TN is not so bad...CA is worse...they have tarantulas. 

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Nov 2, 2009 4:55 PM

LYILHA:
TN is not so bad...CA is worse...they have tarantulas.
if your  trying to talk me out of going to the US in totall .. you are heading for a success ....

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS