Sidewinder pattern?

This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Aug 25, 2010 3:40 PM

Mary, is the pattern you have different than a flat spiral? 

Looking at Jeanne Crain's beautiful work, it looks like a flat spiral with about a 6mm center bead, and a 4mm bead centered on each of the outside loops.  Does this sound about right?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 11:11 PM

Humm, I don't think, the pattern i have is like the Howling Rabbit.. pattern.

Then, I did have "Flat Spiral" and "Cyclone "patterns confused.

I think the one I have was more of a RAW with the 6MM and the "S" were added to make the outside edges as a second row. My pattern is hand written by someone who doesn't know where she got the orginal from.

I may have left it in the  RV. will E-Mail you off post.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Sep 22, 2010 12:45 PM

KipperCat:

TNX . . .  It looks like the "chevron stitch" I found elsewhere, with beads added to the center of each triangle.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
barb@168 wrote
on Jan 18, 2011 5:49 PM

I would love the pattern for this if its still available.

Thank you!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
dichremy wrote
on Feb 8, 2011 3:53 AM

Good pattern

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 11:05 PM

wow! Thanks,Raven,I jumped over to the Howling Rabbit, I was so Happy to have the Free Pattern, It is so kind of you to share it with all of us.

I will be back in NM Sunday, and I can't wait to try this version  of the SideWinder Bracelet.

Gyspy Mary

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bookworm853 wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 5:38 PM

Please go to this site...http://beadingthebeadworldway.blogspot.com/

I took a class from the instructor, yes I got the instructions, but wanted to try the double sidewinder pattern. I bought the book for 13.00. I also got about 4 more new patterns as well! Both the sidewinder and double sidewinder pattern is in the book!

Noelle :0)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 17, 2012 8:39 AM

I would LOVE to have a copy of your handwritten pattern for the Sidewinder Bracelet; Recently learned how to make it while vacationing, but the shop owner "talked" me through it and I have nothing for reference. I realize your post is dated 2009, but hopefully this will reach you despite the passage of time. My email is jerrbonn@centurytel.net

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.  I'm hoping you can email your written instructions to me but, if not, please let me know so we can make mailing arrangements.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 147
whatsup1 wrote
on Mar 17, 2012 3:31 PM

I just finished making a bracelet based on the Liz Smith necklace in the Beader's Stash. It is indeed a flat spiral as shown in the Auntie's Beads video. It made up beautifully except I need to figure out a way to keep the last flat spiral from flipping up.

Peg

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ljvsb2009 wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 3:05 PM

Hi - could you please email me the "Side Winder Bracelet Pattern" too.  Same situation - teacher didn't furnish a written pattern and I'd like to have it for future.  Thanks so much!!!!

Janette

j@jewelrybyj.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 7:42 PM

Can you return to the instructor and ask for a copy of her directions? I say this because sharing patterns, unless you own the copyright is illegal. We have a long thread of copyright rules and the respect that one should show to the copyright owners. 

Please don't infringe on someone else's copyrights.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 8:52 PM

I highly respect the copywright on all materials. However, I don't have alot of money for patterns.

so I google "How to do flat spiral" and a full page of how to video's and places to find Flat Spiral, which is the stitch used in Side Winder pattern .(I took a class also, in an RV Park, and only got a printed chart with no photo as to how it was to look. The instructor told me google it.:)

You will find a wealth of free patterns by googling "How to do various stitches".

Best wishes,

Gyspy Mary

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS