Crystazzi

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 11:17 AM

Hey...does anyone know if the Crystazzi brand of pearls and crystals that Michael's sells...are those Swarks?  I had gotten the impression that they were but the packages don't state that which makes me suspicious!  Help? 

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

http://beadinblacknblue.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 12:15 PM

I have never heard of Swarovski selling their crystals under another name.  Why would they?  Their own brand name is the most desireable of all.  I would bet they are NOT Swarovskis. 

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 12:55 PM

Sherri, Thanks...I really didn't think they were and I don't know where i got the impression that they were but I wasn't really sure.  And your right...why would they?  LOL...just didn't think about it that way.  Thanks!!!  Stick out tongue

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 4:10 PM

Kelly,

I know I read about their crystals somewhere - I think here on the forum - and how they cut stringing material.  But it was their crystals, not the pearls.  I haven't used either so I couldn't tell you for sure if they do.

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Sep 5, 2009 2:24 AM

Crystazzi crystals are a separate brand from Swarovski.  I just got an email from Shipwreck Beads that they have them for 50% off right now if anyone's interested.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 293
Mikki335 wrote
on Sep 5, 2009 10:20 AM

I have used bothe the Crstazzi Pearls and the crystals.  They are not Swarovski but they aren't bad either....better than a lot of pearls out there.  I think I've only had one pearl where the finish cracked but it makes me use them just for samples for my local classes and I opt for Swarovskis in anything that I sell.....fortnately I get Swarovskis at a killer price.  The bead show this weekend is selling 50 Swarovski pearls at twice what I pay for 100!!!  Lol! I should set up a Swarovski booth outside!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Sep 5, 2009 12:40 PM

If they are Swarovski, they will have the name Swarovski on them. I'm hearing rumors that there are some pretty decent Swarovski knock-offs coming from China. That's a big part of the reason Swarovski changed the cut on their bicones. One of our suppliers had gotten some that they were actually calling "Chinese Swarovski". We told them that we don't want it if it's not REAL Swarovski. Last time I checked, they weren't carrying them any more!

Deb - AZ Bead Depot

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Sep 5, 2009 5:44 PM

I haven't used the Crystazzi crystals, but I do use the Crystazzi pearls often and I like them.

Cathi

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on Sep 7, 2009 1:19 PM

Sherri

Swarovski has started selling through Jolene - they are even fully branded as Swarovski Crystallized(R) Elements.  I was just in Michael's - they've got an enormous selection there.

I also thought that Crystazzi were also Swarovski, but I checked - and they aren't.

Lita

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Sep 8, 2009 1:00 PM

How does Crystazzi compare with Swarovski (and Celestial) crystals?? I try out designs with CC, but prefer Swarovski for appearance.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 825
LYILHA wrote
on Sep 8, 2009 1:41 PM

I bought some of the pearls...they look great...the sheen on them is really nice.  I will say that I personally think that the Swark pearls feel nicer.  As far as long term wear and things like that I am not sure...I have yet to use them.  But...I am sure someone here has!  =)

Northeast, Tennessee

~Kelly~

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Sep 8, 2009 5:57 PM

CrystalCubeBead.:
How does Crystazzi compare with Swarovski (and Celestial) crystals?? I try out designs with CC, but prefer Swarovski for appearance.

I have only seen the crystazzi crystals at michaels, but never bought any. In the package, the bicones and cubes look pretty good, but they are more expensive at michaels than you can get real swarovski for online, so I don't know why you would buy them except the convenience factor, or maybe if you had a half off coupon.

I like the celestial crystal because of the inexpensive price, but it doesn't compare to the real stuff. I think its sort of half way between swarovski and czech fire-polished glass. But as long as you know that upfront, you won't be disappointed.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 6, 2011 3:41 PM

I am just starting to make a few pieces of jewelry for family and may a few local consignment shops.  Could you give me any web stores that have really good prices -- especially for crystals and bead caps?  I don't mind buying a few things in bulk because from what I've seen sometimes you can buy 200 for the same price you will pay for 20.  The craft stores like Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby are okay when they have sales, but they have limited selection and I live over an hour away from any of those (Kentucky).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Mar 6, 2011 8:14 PM

Call me crazy, but I really like the Crystazzi pearls (I've never used their bi-cones or rounds). I think they have some fantastic colors, and the finish really does seem to hold up well on them. They have a bit more of a "pearly" look to them, they're like somehow more glossy or shiny, where Swarks have a "glow" finish. I haven't had any problems with the Crystazzi pearls at all. I rather like them LOL. And if you can catch them on sale at Michaels, they're VERY cost effective!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 11:20 AM

NicoleT24:
Call me crazy, but I really like the Crystazzi pearls

That's nice to hear.  While I like the Swarovski pearls well enough, I've never thought they were worth the price.  They don't look like real pearls to me, but I've been a bit afraid to use other glass pearls - not sure how well they's hold up.  I'll have to make a trip to Michael's to check out the Crystazzi pearls

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS