Not a single 7 mm coin pearl to be found

This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
backrubber90 wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 12:23 AM

I have been going nuts trying to find the 7mm coin pearls to make the Sweet Starbursts necklace on page 70 of the Oct/Nov 2009 issue of Beadwork.

The designer lists CrysallisGEMS on etsy as her source, but they are not there anymore.

I have tried every bead site I could find in my Beadwork and Bead & Button magazines but no luck.

I have all the other components waiting to be purchased at Fusion Beads.

Can anyone help?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 5:32 AM

I found 8mm here: http://www.beadfx.com/catalogue/pearls.php

There is also a BD member around (Carole, I think) who has an online shop selling pearls. I don't know if she has 7mm coin pearls on the site, but if not you can ask.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 6:45 AM

Here are some http://www.treasureislandpearls.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=601

If you do a search on this website at the top for coin pearls there are 5 pages of them. I just went to the first white strand that had 7mm. They probably have more.

Good Luck and we would love to see it when your finished!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Not Ranked
Posts 6
backrubber90 wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 2:09 PM

Cat,

Thank you, I was there also.  I should have mentioned that I need Pink 7mm coin pearls per the instr.

Erin

Not Ranked
Posts 6
backrubber90 wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 2:28 PM

Koko,

Thank you.  I did find some Glass - 10 mm Fat Flat Rounds - Old Rose Lustre.  I ordered them because they were so pretty and inexpensive, even if it turns out they won't work in this necklace.

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 3:06 AM

You're welcome, Erin!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Sep 4, 2009 7:05 AM

I'll keep on the lookout for them. If I find anything I will repost.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jazart wrote
on Sep 15, 2009 8:01 AM

It is frustrating not to be able to find the resources listed for projects.  You might try substituting another pearl for the 7 MM  - Here's one that might work for you.  Here's the link to the site.  http://www.beadinspirations.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=104_308_315&zenid=76e837a7146d0409e529e1f3cd3ad9e7

and the product.  Hope this helps, Shana

Product Image Item Name- Price
Swarovski Crystal Pearl - Twist peach

Swarovski Crystal Pearl - Twist peach

9mm x 8mm. Sold by the bead.
$0.37

Add:

Not Ranked
Posts 1
raccoongirl wrote
on Sep 19, 2009 12:48 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I'd like to make this necklace for my Grandmother.  Please let me know if you're able to find these beads.

Thanks!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
jamberrysong wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 8:44 PM

I have some glass 7mm coin pearls in very light pink, but they are center-drilled. Zip it!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what's essential is invisible to the eye." - Fox, The Little Prince

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 4:44 AM

Someone just dug up this old post to spam us all. The post is almost 2 years old, Get a life spammers.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 24, 2012 6:16 AM

oh dear! i never realised there was a post on my necklace. so sorry! please feel free to contact me personally at anytime as my details are in the magazine! I'm sad to hear the coins are so difficuld to find but any round bead will look perfect in this design. i myself made a second one in green with black onyx round beads and that looks lovely.

If any of you ladies would be willing to share your creation with me i'd be delighted to see them!.

regards,

Esther (Gabrielle)

www.greenenvydesigns.etsy.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lubybel wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 11:13 AM

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

I too have been trying to find coin 7mm pearls for the Sweet Starburst necklace today 2.1.2013.

Finding 7mm pearls round is difficult let alone coin shape. Would it be possible to use 8mm round pearls instead? Would the design still work. I am very very new to beading, my only work being the pewter lace bracelet in the same magazine as your Sweet Starburst necklace. I have also found over the last week that living in the UK presents me with lots of problems regarding finding beading supply shops in the UK. Are there any reliable outlets that you could recommend.

I would so much like to make up your design and would appreciate your help.

Wishing you all the best in 2013 and happy designing.

Lubybel

ace.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Pearlescence wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 11:44 AM

Hi

I've some 7.5 grey ones and white top drilled 7mm, plus some really nice undrilled ones if that helps

http://www.pearlescence.co.uk/index.php?cPath=93_26_52_55

(I can post a link, yes, if someone asks?)

www.Pearlescence.co.uk

www.gemescence.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS