Beady Daily Sales Pitches

This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Iris3085 wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 9:50 AM

It seems my Beading Daily e-mails have more and more sales pitches: last week was the hurt book sale, today was get a free trial issue of Step by Step Beads, etc.

Why is it that at least once a week the Beading Daily is an advertising medium for subscription or book selling (instead of our usual dose of great bead talk)?  The bottom part of the e-mails already try to sell us magazines or books.

Just wondering...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Jul 21, 2009 1:16 PM

In the Beginning, there was the Newsletter,  Most of us signed up for only that.  Not too long after, a short message said they were going to combine the Newsletter with their other pages.  I got the impression they weren't getting enough 'hits' on the others.

I've collected the BD emails from 23 May 2008 to now.  Reviewing them it looks as if the change was before then, but I only checked through 23 Jul 2008.

Someone else must have a better memory.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 21, 2009 2:25 PM

Ahhh! I hadn't noticed that the ads were T/Th.... I figure, it's a small price to pay for having the entier site available. They gotta fund things SOMEHOW! (and I LOVE the hurt book, and special sales on downloadable projects!)

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jul 22, 2009 3:13 PM

I agree Lois, those sales pitches don't bother me a bit, in fact I like seeing what's new in them.  This site is just too good to get picky about a little bit of advertising from the sponsors...

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Jul 23, 2009 8:32 AM

I skim them and if there is somthing interesting, I file it, else I delete it.  no biggie

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 23, 2009 9:04 AM

LoisB:

Ahhh! I hadn't noticed that the ads were T/Th.... I figure, it's a small price to pay for having the entier site available. They gotta fund things SOMEHOW! (and I LOVE the hurt book, and special sales on downloadable projects!)

Lois

I agree! This site is full of so much useful info, being free is the plus, so I have no problem them putting the little bit of advertising in the emails.

Remember they do have to pay the designers for the projects we get free to download. The projects that do cost money are very minimal, the hurt book sale, well I think that was beneficial to many people including myself.

No complaints here Cool  I think this is one of the most exceptional places on the web!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Jul 24, 2009 10:55 AM

I agree.  I enjoy the whole site, ads and all. I have actually gotten some stuff via the ads.  This is an amazing free site!

cb

Not Ranked
Posts 3
bjnich1 wrote
on Sep 14, 2009 4:31 PM

I don't mind the sales pitches, but...isn't this called BEADING DAILY? All I've seen lately is metal works and lapidary stuff.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Sep 16, 2009 3:07 PM

I really like the diversity of topics. I have a limited attention span and like to see a variety of different subjects. Yes, there are a bunch of ads. I don't mind the ones for new books or publications. I like to see whats coming out and whats featured in them, but I do get tired of the endless pitches for the regular magazine subscriptions.

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Sep 17, 2009 3:03 PM

I skim them first; then if something interests me at all, I will read it, sometimes skipping the 'uninteresting' segments.  Even the TTh (Mag. ads) editions are interesting because of some of the info I find in them.

If the TTh magazine ads bother you, just delete them.  I delete them after skimming them, unless there is something I want as a reference.

I don't bother with the bottom portion of BD News, as I subscribe to two of the magazines, and am not interested in the others.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS