pattern for footlets/barefoot sandals

This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jul 15, 2009 8:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Anne and I am a new beader.  I love it but I am still a the stage of using patterns and pictures to do my beading; I haven't gained enough "know-how" or courage to try something from scratch.  

With that said, I am looking for a pattern for barefoot sandals or footlets.  I saw them at a farmers market ($20!) and I loved the idea.  I just don't know how to start so if anyone has a free basic pattern so I can get started, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

anne Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jul 15, 2009 8:42 AM

Hi Anne, I'm sorry I've never tried to do barefoot sandals before, but perhaps someone else can give you a good idea.  I did want to say welcome to the forum though!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 15, 2009 8:43 AM

Welcome Anne ~ I'm sure others will also have a pattern or two for you but here is one I found online http://www.rubysbeadwork.com/BFTutorial.html.  Hope this worksCool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 8:24 AM

"Welcome to the Forum"

In the free patterns A-Z in Beadwork.com, there is a real cute barefoot sandal pattern.

I changed the beads, to the inexpensive plastic ones. I used .8mm elastic from wal-mart.

I changed the pattern a bit,. I needed a sole on them, so I got those $1 flip flops, beach shoes. I removed the straps. I used shirt buttons to hold them on and It worked perfect.

(I sold them for $25)

If you don't find what your looking for E-mail me, and I will Send you my copy?

Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 10:21 AM

Hi Anne   That's a good question!  I'm glad you got some good answers too.  I'm going to try that (as soon as I'm done with the other 38 projects I'm working on)... this is the season for them...

Thanks Melinda for the great site and Mary for the ideas!  Now, what can I put off doing in order to make some of those...

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 10:46 AM

Here's another pattern from the same designer: http://www.rubysbeadwork.com/BFS2.html

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 12:16 PM

I had to see what a barefoot sandle was. *laughz* I've made bracelets that are similiar before and arond here they are called slave bracelets, but i've never seen any for the feet. I am going to have to try that. Those are too cool to be sure.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 2:21 PM

When I was a teenager... way way back in the late 70's... we used to wear them all the time in Cape May NJ so we could go into the "No Shirts, No Shoes, No Service" places since we seemed to live at the beach & on the boardwalk... it worked for awhile & then some of the store owners caught on to what we were doing but they were handy & very cuteCool

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,788
Cathy wrote
on Jul 16, 2009 3:46 PM

Welcome from Baton Rouge.

I've done barefoot sandals, too.  I'm glad I looked at the links Melinda sent, the first one was the one I was going to send too.  Here are some more -  the first one is for crochet

http://www.beadwrangler.com/project-Foot1.htm 

http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aa020899.htm

I made them modifying the pattern in the first link Melinda posted. 

Cathy

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

"The laughter of a child is the light of a house" - unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 19, 2009 5:04 AM

Billy - I was with you! I didn't have a clue. They are cute! I just had never seen them before. I am with Pam as well, I need to finish some of the unfinished projects first...

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jul 22, 2009 1:54 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice and mostly for the "welcomes"!!!

I will check out all the links that were sent to me.

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful summer weather (well, it's beautiful in Quesnel, BC, Canada!!) and all the best to you!!!

anne Cool

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jul 22, 2009 1:58 PM

Hi Melinda!

I was just in Juneau on an Alaskan cruise with my family (our 15th anniversary).  Of course, we only saw the "touristy" stuff but what a beautiful setting!  I would love to drive from Quesnel up to that area and see it without all the sales pressure.

Thanks for your links - have a great day!

anne :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 22, 2009 2:01 PM

Hi Anne ~ IHappy AnniversarySmile Which ship did you come up on?  I watch them come up & down the Gastineau Channel from my office window near Sandy Beach so I see them allWink Did you get our "summer sunshine" or our "summer rain" while you were here?  Juneau is much more fun without all the sales pressure but I still like it year-roundCool

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jul 22, 2009 2:10 PM

Thanks! We were on the Volendam (Holland America) and we were in Juneau on May 22nd. It was a beautiful summer day!!! Blue skies, warm - we went to Tracy Arm first in the morning and it was magnificent.

:-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jul 22, 2009 2:13 PM

Sounds like a perfect day & a wonderful way to do it.  So glad you had fun hereCool

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS