I did it...I submitted my idea...

This post has 40 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 7, 2009 1:48 PM

Don't assume they have rejected your piece! I haven't heard anything on my 3 submissions either, and neither has my friend Denice, who gets things accepted all the time.

They are just being really really slow. I emailed them last thursday asking for the status of my submissions, but I haven't heard back.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 2:24 PM

Sheila H:
I still have not heard anything...anyone else yet?

Hi Sheila,

I just heard back from Stringing. Danielle is behind schedule, but she's looking at submissions now. All of mine made the first cut, and I'm sending them in for further review. (yay!)Hopefully something will get accepted this issue.

Any news about your piece yet? I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 3:15 PM

Erin - I got a "Thanks but No Thanks. Please try again" e-mail. LOL!

Congrats on making the first cut! Be sure to keep us posted so we can keep our eye out for your pieces!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 3:28 PM

Sheila-- I'm sorry it didn't make it! I think bracelets are harder to get in anyway. Oh well, you gave it your best. Will it offend you if I make one in crystals? I really liked the design you came up with, but won't do it unless that is ok with you!

Lois

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 9, 2009 5:45 PM

Don't be discouraged, Sheila. I've had plenty of rejections. There are other publications you can submit to that might be interested in your work. I've had several things that have been rejected by one publication (including Stringing) that I later submitted to another publication and have been accepted.  There are other beading magazines that I'm sure you've seen in Michaels or Barnes and Nobel. You can google their names and find their website info, and most will have submission guidelines posted somewhere on their website.

You've already done the hard part, which is making the piece, photographing it and documenting your materials. To try again, all you have to do is send off an email.

Give it another shot!

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 9:08 AM

Thank you for your kind words and no I am not discouraged. Jewelry is such a subjective thing for personal taste. I tried and that is all I can do. I am proud of myself for having the nerve to try! LOL!

Lois - You and anyone else that wants to use that idea can go right ahead. If you need anything specific from me as far as instructions or hints, just let me know! I made one with black tube beads and blue crystals and it was really pretty too!

Post pictures if you make one!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 9:09 AM

I remember the basic design, but would you post a photo of your new one? I"d love to see it!

Lois

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 9:58 AM

LoisB:
would you post a photo of your new one? I"d love to see it!

Sheila--I never saw your basic design, but I'd love to see it too!

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Jul 10, 2009 1:22 PM

Erin:

LoisB:
would you post a photo of your new one? I"d love to see it!

Sheila--I never saw your basic design, but I'd love to see it too!

Erin

I went thru this thread TWICE and didn't see it -- are you posting somewhere else ???

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 3:43 PM

Stan-- *L* the original bracelet was made quite a while ago, and was posted in a different thread, in the showcase... I don't remember what the title was. She made it out of... leopard jasper? Can't remember exactly.

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 5:14 PM

I think it is listed under New Stretch Cuff bracelet or something similiar.

Here is the new one

and the original one is this

Same basic idea but two very different results! Feedback welcome...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 5:19 PM

WOW sheila, you're right, changing the beads makes for a VERY different look to it. Hmmm.... I kinda think I like the balance of the original one better, not because of the materials, but I really like the larger rounds.... I really need to get my beads into some order again and give this a try.... I'm thinking red or blue swaros, and hematite.... we'll see what happens!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Jul 11, 2009 4:44 AM

Wow, they do look very different. I like both of them though.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jul 11, 2009 7:33 AM

Ah Sheila that's a bummer but I agree with Erin, submit to another. I really like the design and I'm sure readers would too.

And for the new one, I love that blue against the black but they both are really nice.

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,144
on Jul 11, 2009 11:47 AM

WOW!!!  Small changes, but what a difference !!  I prefer the black & blue one.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS