I did it...I submitted my idea...

This post has 40 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 7:31 AM

Okay, I just finished and hit the send button for an idea to Stringing magazine. I included a couple of photos as well as an alternative one so that they can see how the same idea can be used to make something completely different. I realize that these are talented people and would be able to guess that, but I just thought it was a good idea.

I hope that I wasn't too wordy. I gave an explaination of where the idea came from, quick instructions of how to do it, and why I like the bracelet. I realize that this is probably a long shot but a year ago I would have never even thought of submitting an idea. So this was a HUGE step for me.

I will let you all know the second I get a yes  Big Smileor a no [:'(]. I do realize that by not trying the answer was a big no! Here's to hoping...Beer

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 7:36 AM

YAY Sheila! We're so proud of you! Submitting a design is a BIG step. I know, I've only done it once myself! So hear's to hoping they accept your design. Drinks or Beer or in my case Pizza  Can't wait to hear what the response is. At least you were able to make it in for the email early submission deadline. That will make it much easier. Be sure to let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Lois

wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 7:44 AM

Hurray Sheila!  Best of luck to you.  I've got an idea I'm thinking of submitting, I just have to get off my duff and do it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 7:53 AM

Congratulations Sheila on submitting your work ... we'll cross our fingers for you & hope to see you published in StringingCool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 10:31 AM

Good job Sheila,

you have nothing to lose, so you may as well go for it! Even if they don't accept your design, keep trying. I've had both rejection and acceptance--you never know what they will choose. If they like your design, you'll usually hear back within a few days on the early submission process. Good luck!

I am scrambling to get 2 designs done and photographed before the early submission deadline on tuesday.

Erin

www.studioEgallery.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 26, 2009 2:26 PM

Erin - I wish you the best of luck with both of your projects! I hope you make it!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jun 27, 2009 1:31 AM

Congradulations! You have some beautiful pieces of Jewelry. I am taking bets, Your design will be accepted.

We are all rooting for you. maryb

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 27, 2009 7:27 AM

Mary - Thank you so much! You are too kind!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Jun 27, 2009 7:58 PM

Congratualations Sheila! Keep us posted on what happens! I'm excited for you

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 251
Nemeton wrote
on Jun 28, 2009 9:44 AM

Well done - got fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 1, 2009 1:52 PM

Hi Sheila,

Have you heard anything back from stringing early submissions yet?

I got my pieces done over the weekend and emailed them in but I haven't heard anything back yet. One of my friends is a regular contributor and has always gotten something in every time she submits designs. She sent in a few pieces several weeks ago and hasn't heard anything back yet either. This is weird because they are usually pretty good about getting back to you within a few days when they want you to send in your pieces for further review. I'm getting antsy--I'm not good at waiting.

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 2, 2009 7:59 AM

No, I have not heard anything yet. I did not know if they would wait until after the deadline of July 14th to notify people. At least it is not just me...

When I hear anything I will be sure to post it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 620
Erin@76 wrote
on Jul 2, 2009 9:29 AM

The July 14th deadline is when they need all the pieces in their office. So they usually let you know pretty quickly after you send the early submission email so you have time to write instructions and put everything in the mail.

If we don't hear anything today, we should probably email them and ask what our status is. I think most people are taking tomorrow (friday) off for the 4th of july holiday, so they probably won't reply tomorrow.

Erin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
on Jul 2, 2009 10:20 AM

Sheila...

Good Luck...how exciting?? I hope you get your yes soon....I know you will. I will keep my fingers crossed for you too!!!

Christine

http://BeadedIndulgences.etsy.com

http://BeadedIndulgences.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jul 7, 2009 11:21 AM

I still have not heard anything...anyone else yet? Maybe no news is a No Thanks? 

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS